Reviews for The Harem War
Patrick Nakasone chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
This coming auction will likely be the last concubine auction for some time if ever. With in the next year the war will be in full swing. Harry is planing on striping the fortunes of the core finical supporters of Toms faction or the rest will be focusing tier efforts on that. The neutral faction is likely to either hunker down and not spend money on luxuries such as concubine or flee the country. By the number of girls Dumbledore is sell he must senses this to.

Tom will soon find out how hard it is to fight a war without money to keep his forces ready for a fight. Like any other forces in history they will need substance(food and water), medical supplies, and general supplies(cloths, footwear, soap, ext). At this point Tom we do not know what resources his faction directly produces rather then buys. Yes he can steal resources but that put forces at risk of injure, capture, or death. There are probably limits to how much magic can do to conjure up the above.

Harry will need to find out who is willingly providing Tom with financial support from those who are doing so under threat. He must come down hard on the first and pull the second from under Toms foot.

The most likely type of fighting will be small force on small force . This is the type of warfare that the special forces are used for. As we have seen Toms tactics favor hit and run strikes designed to sow fear and confusion in the masses as well as get rid of enemies a classic guerrilla warfare tactic. Other then Hogwarts or the Ministry of magic I can not see any target Tom will risk sending a significant portion of his forces to hit at one time. Unless Tom brings his forces together for a large strike that Harry learns a bought before hand a large army is not need unless he intends to take over wizarding Briton by overwhelming force to hold it. Harry will hopefully use Hermoinie father Robert as a source of advice on how to fight this kind of war

I can not wait to see what Dumbledore reaction to his main plan falling apart. Does he have backup plans for this situation ready. What story will he try to sell to Harry? How big of a tantrum will Draco have when he finds out he is not Lord Black? Or the one following when his mother accepts the annulment of her marriage rendering him without a name or family?
skowler chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
First of all, I love this story. It is so different from "30 minutes" as to almost seem unrelated, though I can see the similarities in style.

re: Ginny's fate. I think I side with those who want Ginny to be seen as a victim of Molly's and Albus' manipulations. Like Draco with matters of his supposed superiority, she has been raised with a sense of entitlement in regards to Harry. It is unfair to expect a child to throw off such conditioning easily if at all. Yes, there should be consequences, but justice needs to be tempered with understanding and resultant mercy.

I would like to see more of this Clarice, without expecting her to be anything like the Clarice of 30 Minutes. I would like to see some scenes of Harry taking time to bond with Clarice, perhaps beginning with Harry taking her to the special pensieve to meet her biological parents. I think a scene every several chapters of the siblings learning to be brother and sister. I shouldn't be easy or immediate, but I would like to see it.

Now concerning the whole Dora as a concubine issue. I'm wondering if the fact that Mr. Tonks sold his daughter before she was even born may account for her being an only child. Second, those who are angered over the Remus/Tonks scene told from Dora's memory should realize that this British Magical society contains elements from societies of the past. According to the excellent historical work "The Great Train Robbery," in our world's London of 1850, the age of consent was a mere 12. At the time, arranged marriages, while not common, were still done in British and European society. That means that in the real world of 1850 London, a twelve year old girl could very find herself married to a man 14 years her senior, like the Remus Lupin of your story, and then experiencing the consummation of the marriage whether she wanted to or not. Most of the time, in those days, it was not legally recognized that a man actually could rape his wife. They were married, so it was not rape. Finally, as you pointed out, your story's Lupin thought this was the lesser of two (or more) evils - the least bad option. His repeated "use" of her could be explained by saying that he honestly believed that after her "breaking in" that the concubine bond would alter her emotional/mental response such that she actually was willing, and never inquired to find out if his assumption was true.

There have been a few continuity errors vis a vis earlier chapters, and an occasional typo left uncorrected (so far) but I don't see this as endemic like in so many other writer's work.

Finally, in relation to the harems and which concubine should go where. In an earlier chapter, Hermione makes the suggestion that Neville's household should be 13 witches plus himself, making 14 total. Then, in "Family Matters" you give Neville a listing of 15 witches. Perhaps Penelope Clearwater should go to one of the "good" Weasleys who could then try to, in some way, attone for Percy's bad behavior - Bill would be a good choice here, I think. Perhaps one of the others could go to Frank Longbottom. I'd like to see the Weasley twins have their own consorts and a concubine or two each. The twins were mentioned earlier as having been given access to the Manor and the Duchy, but nothing more has been done with this.

In conclusion, I very much like this story and am looking forward to its continuation. I'm also one of the people who can't decide whether I'd rather see an update here or in 30 Minutes II. I'd have to sit down and think a spell (my, that southernism takes on new meaning when discussing an HP fic!)

skowler
TxA-GunFighter chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
Very good chapter. Very good story.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 28 . 1/17/2010

TxA-GunFighter chapter 27 . 1/17/2010
Very good chapter. Really enjoying this, LOVE Luna.

Malfoie chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
As usual outstanding story. I'm kind of pissed at Remus over the hole Dora thing but then again you can't really blame him. He did every thing that he thought he could do to save her from a hellish life. But it just came back to bite him in the ass. Great work please post some more soon.
Harriverse chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
Thanks for clearing the Remus question up. I guess others thought he was a bit of a skunk too over the Dora situation.
TxA-GunFighter chapter 26 . 1/17/2010

TJeanetteT chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
Love the story so far but you tend to repeat things in detail what you already repeated in detail. It almost seems like you forgot that you already brought it up until another character says that they had already thought about that.

And something that they always bring up is how they hate the system and the british magical government but they never do anything about it. They never outright say lets take over the government because they obviously aren't running it the way they should. They treat it like that will be the not talked about last option.
TxA-GunFighter chapter 25 . 1/17/2010

TxA-GunFighter chapter 24 . 1/17/2010

TxA-GunFighter chapter 23 . 1/17/2010

gphoenix51 chapter 27 . 1/17/2010
I simply love how you've described Luna here. I've always thought of her this way and it's the reason why she's my second favorite character, Hermione being the first. That said, I also love how you described the three of them as being different sides of a triangle, how Harry, Hermione and Luna all bolster each other's strengths and fill in for each other's weaknesses.

Great, simply great, and the rest of the story as well. Another brilliant one.
Story-Breach chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
Upupupdatedatedate! :)
mentalkid chapter 29 . 1/17/2010
Awesome! I kinda wana see a bit more of Clarice. I'd like to see some big brother Harry...
4,363 | « Prev Page 1 .. 238 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 258 .. Last Next »