Reviews for Accidental Hero of the Galaxy
DarkKing009 chapter 15 . 4/18
Sterling work
Gojosin chapter 31 . 2/26
Well, it's years later and I have just spent a lot of time reading through this. It was a hell of a ride, doing great work going through the Mass Effect story in a unique way. When I looked at the chapters and saw the placing of Ashley and Kaiden, I just knew Ashley as the one who was going to not survive Virmire though. Course I also went 'well, he could have put Kaiden first to really get us to know his character and focus on it so it'd hit us harder'.

I'm looking forward to going through The Hero We Deserve and also now want to go find the Ciphias Cain novels.
Shinigami Miroku chapter 31 . 2/24
I found this, quite by accident, while perusing the TV Tropes website, and I'm glad I did. I found this Shepard to be a humorous take on the Paragon path, and the way you told it was very well-written; first-person is not easy to write under any circumstance.
SpiralAK chapter 31 . 2/15
This was quite good. I liked the personality you gave Shepard: his actions and words are Paragon, but his thoughts aren't, and it was interesting to read Shepard's thoughts on the various events during the game. The footnotes were great too, adding character and context to the story while also creating contrast between Shepard's logs and Anderson's notes.

Thank you for writing this, I enjoyed it a whole lot.
connor1504 chapter 31 . 11/1/2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this, and am looking forward to reading The Hero We Deserved
macdjord chapter 4 . 10/27/2015
... that 'L.' stands for 'Leroy', doesn't it?
AnubisGundam0 chapter 31 . 9/15/2015
Excellent story, though I'm surprised that there isn't any sidestories regarding the ME1 Dlc: Bring down the Sky and Pinnacle Station.
Unca Bob chapter 31 . 9/4/2015
An interesting story. While overall I did enjoy it, I found large sections to be fairly dull reading. This was largely due to the near novelisation of the game and lack of worldbuilding details. When you've played through Mass Effect several times reading over the paragon dialog isn't compelling. Similarly much of Shepard thought in the early chapters cleaved too close to the Cain novels for it really work for me.
Still, in the areas where the tale went off script there was enough good writing that I'm happy to put this on my favourites. I just wish that there was more world building and original dialog throughout the story.
SlashAlter chapter 27 . 2/16/2015
"Members of their species will always be more important to them than humans are."
How can Shepard be deluded enough to believe what Ashley is saying is wrong?
[Insert whatever race in the galaxy here] and their representatives will always put their own interests first. That is fact. It doesn't mean that an authority would always pardon known criminals because of them being the same species or something along those lines. It just means that people, understandably, put the interests/well-being/survival of their own people first.
Guest chapter 14 . 2/15/2015
Why does Shepard consistently use a pistol during firefights? It would be extremely impractical.
Yis chapter 9 . 2/15/2015
Why didn't Shepard convince the guy to let the Alliance keep the body? You'd think he'd support donating a corpse for the research and development of weaponry that could save his own life and anyone else fighting the Geth. And considering that Shepard now thinks the Reapers are going to use the Geth to destroy all galactic life, better weapons could save billions of lives. Oh yeah, and the fact that the deceased would almost definitely support an action that could prevent other people dying like her.
SlashAlter chapter 19 . 2/15/2015
Is Shepard's human history as bad as his galactic history? I don't see how it's possible to think that Shepard would believe that the turians actually attempted to wipe out humanity.
SlashAlter chapter 18 . 2/15/2015
What, does Shepard's mother not know which sex he's into?
SlashAlter chapter 17 . 2/15/2015
"Before I breathed any of the gas in"
What? Does Shepard's hardsuit/helmet not have it's own filtration system or oxygen supply? Because given what we've seen of them in-game, it should.
devo342 chapter 5 . 2/10/2015
I'm kind of surprised you didn't add somthing about how in hindsight its obvious the docter had activated the beacon