Reviews for Grey Skies Over London
BeccaRave chapter 1 . 7/22
beautiful
alvidan74 chapter 1 . 5/25
This is the most painful story of alternative history i have ever seen.
Everytime I read it, I can't stop crying for them(America,Canada and even England.)
England chosen the wrong way to compel America stay with his empire.
America was persistent, he bore his sufferings bravely.
But the day they hang his father, America was broken. And so was Canada.
England was foolish and pathetic because he lost America at that moment.
Although he killed the bad guy in his mind, the truth was not the same.
Canada was the only comfort in this story.
I truly glad to see Canada companied America.

Your ingenious fiction is unique.
I'd like to translate Grey Skies Over London into Chinese if that's OK with you. I'll credit you fully and post it fanfiction and weibo( it's like twitter in China website) & tieba (it's like tumblr group in China)
I will post the link to you.
I will do my best to translate it and share it with Hetalia Fans in China.
THANK YOU!
SomethingMoreQ chapter 1 . 3/1
So very chilling. All throughout the story I continuously got chills, but the ending... SO GOOD. This is the type of story that sticks with the reader. Washingtons death and his last words weee a great touch.
afjones006 chapter 1 . 2/10
this was so good! I had to listen to Hamilton just to remind Mt self America actually won the war
L-013 chapter 1 . 8/28/2016
Oh my God...that was...just amazing. I cried, I'll admit-I cried a lot reading that. It was beautifully written, and I guess since I am an American, the idea of my own country being so broken and misunderstood makes me want to cry. That, and punch Iggy's sorry mug and kick his ass across Europe. "Free" is a really powerful word.
I'm not sure if this was intended, but the scene where Alfred is about to jump out of the window to what would surely be his doom makes me think of one thing, and one thing only:
"Give me Liberty, or give me Death."
I have a feeling Alfred would rather die than be under the control he is now.
Gwntan12 chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
One of the stories that makes me want to kick Arthur, despite him being one of my favourite characters.
Aomina chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
that was so good but I was crying. it's horrifying when you start appliying the concept "the Revolution failed" to everything you were taught over the years. this is a stunningly clear view of the immediate consequences. Beautiful.
A Furry Cat chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
I bet America will become free one day. It's hard to imagine England and America's bond ever being the same after this.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
Omg... That was AMAZING! Your writing skills are awesome! It was so sad though! Struck me in the feels! It was also a very cfeative circumstance.
Free...
WHY
ITS SO GOOD
AND SO SAD
CuteHeartz chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
It's really sad when you realize that Alfred and George had developed a strong, loving relationship together and Arthur basically tore them and their Father/Son relationship apart! D: Clearly they wouldve done anything for eachother :/ And then Arthur trying to say that HE was Alfred's Father when Washington was! JERK!
Edassu chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Goddam that was amazing
Advocado chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
Hello.
I understand that the story is pretty old and I may receive no answer at all but I'll try.
I want to ask a permission to translate this text into Russian and post it at one of the official fanfiction sites. I find this story really amazing and emotional so I want to show it to Russian Hetalia fans. Of course, nickname of yous will be stated as the author's and there will be reference to the original story in the description.
I hope you will find time to reply to me. (If there is no reply during 5 days I will take a response and post the translation with all the information about the original fanfic)