Reviews for Grey Skies Over London
L-013 chapter 1 . 8/28
Oh my God...that was...just amazing. I cried, I'll admit-I cried a lot reading that. It was beautifully written, and I guess since I am an American, the idea of my own country being so broken and misunderstood makes me want to cry. That, and punch Iggy's sorry mug and kick his ass across Europe. "Free" is a really powerful word.
I'm not sure if this was intended, but the scene where Alfred is about to jump out of the window to what would surely be his doom makes me think of one thing, and one thing only:
"Give me Liberty, or give me Death."
I have a feeling Alfred would rather die than be under the control he is now.
Gwntan12 chapter 1 . 8/10
One of the stories that makes me want to kick Arthur, despite him being one of my favourite characters.
Aomina chapter 1 . 7/10
that was so good but I was crying. it's horrifying when you start appliying the concept "the Revolution failed" to everything you were taught over the years. this is a stunningly clear view of the immediate consequences. Beautiful.
A Furry Cat chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
I bet America will become free one day. It's hard to imagine England and America's bond ever being the same after this.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
Omg... That was AMAZING! Your writing skills are awesome! It was so sad though! Struck me in the feels! It was also a very cfeative circumstance.
FireFox Vixen chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
Rising from the Ashes YOLT chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
Poor Alfie!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
Holy crap
CuteHeartz chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
It's really sad when you realize that Alfred and George had developed a strong, loving relationship together and Arthur basically tore them and their Father/Son relationship apart! D: Clearly they wouldve done anything for eachother :/ And then Arthur trying to say that HE was Alfred's Father when Washington was! JERK!
Edassu chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Goddam that was amazing
Advocado chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
I understand that the story is pretty old and I may receive no answer at all but I'll try.
I want to ask a permission to translate this text into Russian and post it at one of the official fanfiction sites. I find this story really amazing and emotional so I want to show it to Russian Hetalia fans. Of course, nickname of yous will be stated as the author's and there will be reference to the original story in the description.
I hope you will find time to reply to me. (If there is no reply during 5 days I will take a response and post the translation with all the information about the original fanfic)
Pebblepaw chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
This is one of the times when I am forced to hate britain
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
There needs to be a sequel. Like, right now.
Zuzanny chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
That was so sad. I cried.
fandazed chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
Brilliant! I love this insanity in America towards being free.