Reviews for Eyes
Sweet and sad.
ebonypol chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Loved it
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
This was an interesting take on a neglected character. You didn't water Ozai down, but capitalized on clues and concepts sprinkled throughout the show. I guess it's up to fanfiction to tap into that untouched potential, and you did just that.

I really like what you had to say about Zuko at the end, and it's true: "His smile is Ursa's gentle smile; his stance and manner are like Iroh; even his chiseled face is a mix between Sozin and Roku." He always seemed to be an appreciable mix of Ursa and Roku, but now that you mention it, there are traces of Sozin in there, too.

Ironically, with that said, the one thing that struck me as off was what you said about Azula "looking like her mother". This simply isn't so. Azula looks even less like Ursa than Zuko looks like Ozai. Really, there's no appreciable similarity to be found at all. She has Ozai's features down to the eyebrows and the sharply defined jaw. Her face is angular, just like his, with none of the roundness Ursa and even Zuko display. I should think Ozai knows he'll love her more because she looks like HIM. Along with their second-born camaraderie, it would be a great source of pride for him, much more than a nonexistent resemblance to Ursa. So, yeah, I wasn't feeling that part at all. One of the really awesome things about the Royal Family is the daughter looking like the father and the son looking like the mother. That's such a wonderful inversion from what's typically expected, and it's kind of sad to see it lost in translation somehow.

Apart from that, I liked what you did with Ozai. You gave him wonderful depth that I only wish the show had bothered to explore.
YellowWomanontheBrink chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
This was awesome. XD
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Mmh. I think I like this, but I can't find any words to put in this review, so I'll just leave it at that. I liked all the short 'scenes', I guess. Good introspection.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
alli-sun chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
A very interesting look into the relationship between Zuko and Ozai, rather than the simple "Zuko sucks but Azula rules, so I like her better". I especially liked the ending, and the descriptions of Zuko's change in terms of family instead of just personality.
SimpleBend chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I've spent hours trying to find this amazing piece again! I'm so glad I did! :D You're truly amazing!
hypercell chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
I love this insight into Ozai. It is a fresh and original view. I am very impressed with this story. :)
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
"Clearly she will need more of his love and attention than his firstborn whom all adore."

That could explain so much! Again, great connection with Ozai's character!

Gentle Breezes chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I haven't been able to find a lot of writing with Ozai in it, much less any GOOD writing about Ozai, until I found this.

This had me tearing up at some parts. I like how this explores Ozai as not just an angry man, but also someone who is a parent and has to decide what to do with himself when it comes to his children. Smashing work. ;D
Tar Irene chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
This is the best, most fair, most human portrayal I've seen of Ozai. I love stories that get behind the faceless villain and don't chalk up his treatment of Zuko to something simple. Wonderful job!
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
How quick he dismissed Zuzu...
NerdyNel chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Really wonderful one-shot. I love the way you write Ozai - the fandom is lucky to have you!