Reviews for floriography
garage glamorous chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This is beautiful :)
mad not sad chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
it's astonishing how powerful/memorable this piece can be when it is so very short! i'm impressed. i loved the imagery. i also caught the james/lily that you said was implied and i had never thought about that before - how both narcissa and lily are named after flowers. and the ending is great.
allisonarrgent chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I've read this so many times and it never stops being as perfect as it was the first time that I did. Your writing is absolutely stunning and this was so brilliantly written, it's unbelievable. I really loved the imagery with the garden and how you described James' view of Narcissa through the references to flowers and thorns and frost. The mentions of Arithmancy and Herbology were very nicely placed as well and I completely adore how poetic this prose was. You have a serious talent, because it's rare that such a short amount of words can be so beautiful and tell the reader so much about the main character/ship, but you pulled it off amazingly and this is easily the best Harry Potter drabble I've ever read (slightly biased because I love the idea of James/Narcissa, but still). Never stop writing!
in sync chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
now, I am not a JamesNarcissa shipper. but you've got me loving them together like they're meant to be. just brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Mottsnave chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
This is a very poetic little piece, almost a word painting. You know, I wouldn't have known that it was from James' point of view without the summary, so I find it interesting to try to read it with different characters in mind, just to see how it fits!
with the monsters chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
You know, I think I caught sight of this when I was scrolling through your page sometime, and I believe it was the summary that inspired me to write my own JamesNarcissa fics. So, for that, you have my deep and everlasting gratitude - and I'm sorry for not reviewing before!

This piece was terribly lovely - I think being short made it perfect, and you somehow captured James absolutely brilliantly. I love everything about this - from how he notices Narcissa to how he hates Herbology and how pretty you make words when you string them together like this.

This was brilliant and beautiful and I am deeply, dreadfully jealous of your skill.
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
How subtle yet powerful. It's an odd pairing, but I forget sometimes that the Marauders and the others were once teenagers with all their urges and desires before time changed them.

Very well done.
Seph Meadowes chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Heartbreaking and completely utterly beautiful.
Hazelmist chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Wow it's amazing how you can choose just the right words to express so much. I have to admit I kind of like Narcissa and James.
wandering endlessly chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Well. Thats the first James/Narcissa that I have ever read. And I won't say that its now my favourite pairing, as that would be terribly disloyal to James/Lily, my OTP, but if it wasn't for that, it would be one.

Favourite line: She rolls her eyes, and she's all you can think about, except- SO Narcissa like XD
Balsam chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
You create a magnificent atmosphere with so few words! You pull off the 2nd person so well; I fall right into James's shoes. "but you're sixteen and you always slept through Herbology anyway" is my favourite line. The last one comes close, though. Great work!
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Dear Lull:

Shouldn't it be "Anthography"? "Flora" is Latin.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
verity candor chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Oh wow - brilliantbrilliantbrilliant. I love what you do with this pairing, and I love the second person POV. There are some gorgeous phrases:

"you always slept through Herbology anyway." - so matter-of-fact, but profound, and:

"springtime romance is fragile and foundling and one day you wake up and the frost has set in and you tell her ("I can't keep loving you")." - the perfect ending.

Brilliant fic, again.
StoryGirl02 chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
I heart James && Narcissa, even if they are doomed from the start! :( Your writing is amazing, you say so much in just a few lines :) The characterizon and description was beautiful :DDD Good job!
Mistical Ninja chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Huh. very beautiful. Short most definitely, but very very good.

I love your description here, and it's really what sets this apart from most FanFics. Excellent job.

-Mist