Reviews for To hold but maybe not to keep
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Excellent. Really enhances and illuminates the actual episode. Thanks.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Loved it!
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Yay, I have finally reached the beginning of your AU universe.

I actually had no idea you'd set the start of this in season 2 already, so that was a nice surprise. Particularly because 2x03 is one of my fave eps (though really, it's probably on everyone's favourites list) and I really kind of loved this. They way they talked, avoiding the more important subjects as usual, skirting around the edge of what is going on between them and not wanting to define it felt very true to character.

I had fun imagining this was what happened after the ep ended, and I completely understood your explanation of it not being angsty enough to be labelled angst. This was the perfect amount, at least for me. More usually leaves me heartbroken and/or tearing my hair out :p

Thinking about it now, I have no idea how you will have written a post ep to certain season 3 eps, but I'm intrigued to find out.

Also. He had 22 contingency plans. Heeee!
Neoholmesz chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
:) Another great story! Wow, I wish this would really happen. And I LOVE their banter. It's so THEM. They could never be together without a little banter. ;) I'm really enjoying your writing style, and I really like how IN-character they are. I could see this conversation take place in the show. I have to go to bed, but after work, I'm definitely reading the rest of your Mentalist stories! Be well!

~Neoholmesz
erica83ca chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Awesome! I love the fact that they have no idea WHAT they are - yet they don't seem uncomfortable or awkward, nope just H-O-T. Jane's subtle jealousy was nice - something I wish was a little more evident on the show...

The 22 contingency plans made melt.

This had me in hysterics:

"She grinned when she remembered faltering over Dr. Carmen’s question about what she did for fun. She would have loved to see the pompous windbag’s face if she’d answered ‘sleep with my consultant.’"

Please continue!
cureless chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
LOVED IT as much as I loved Mutual Liberation .. I love it when you write them so conflicted like this.. it shows another side of them that hasn't been written before!

very well done! and amazing conversation btw .. so engaging!

keep it up!
yaba chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Read this last night and had no energy to leave a proper review, but I'm wide awake now and still in amazement over this one shot.

I absolutely love your take on this relationship between them. I can totally see Lisbon shying away from letting Jane in and it's pretty realistic that even though they would be sleeping together, she wouldn't want to let him in (kind of what I was thinking too).

The conversation they had while eating, with Jane probing and Lisbon trying to change the subject constantly was also very in character and an interesting overall representation of their relationship, since Jane always seems to be probing and Lisbon always feels weary around him. I think this is a wonderful idea, your series of one shots, and you explore their relationship really well. I am really excited for the next installment and just wanted to let you know how amazing this one was :)

Yana
MentalistLover chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Loved this. Totally in-character for both of them. I enjoyed getting a glimpse of Jane's thoughts and feelings about her not trusting him enough to talk to/open up to him, or for him to hypnotize her, for that matter. You don't see too much of his reaction in the show, but I think he was upset by that. And Lisbon's feelings are very realistic. Also loved their "interaction" at the end (and his comment about the hottie in the mail room-I hope he references something like that in the show sometime!).
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I'm so absurdly glad you did a post-ep for this episode. The moments I most wanted to see inside Jane's head for - when Lisbon tells him she doesn't want him in her head, when he sees her break down, when he tells her Bosco is in love with her, then does that little double take before leaving her office - all of it. But you let me see into a few of those things. I especially liked that you had Jane think about why she wouldn't let him touch/comfort her when she broke down, why she pushed him away and made sure he wouldn't tell. We might have seen a bit of his 'real' feelings there when he said, "Oh Lisbon"... but not much.

Anyway, if I wanted to see Lisbon and Jane in something established, I want you to write it. Because you manage to keep the tension/angst there without too much fluff. Great job!

BTW, I'd love to see what you'd do with something post-"Throwing Fire" ep with all that Jane background love!
lisbon69 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
wow! seriosuly impressed wioth this hun... i mean serious stuff but fantasticly written! i was floored with the emotions running through this fic
tromana chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Oh nice. I love post-Red Badge fics (er... actually I love most Jane/Lisbon, but that's beside the point, kay?) because they're generally a tad angstier than normal. I see what you mean about it not being exactly angst though, so it is nice to see something reflecting on the episode with a lighter tone because it's different. And good grief, Jane was annoying when they were talking over their food.
shepweir always chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Outstanding well written story. I know this fan fic was so romantic that I will definitely be reading it again. Loved

your JIBSON.
lil smiles chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I loved it all!

The banter was absolutely witty and the introspectives of both characters were just heartwarming and realistic.

And the walk to Lisbon's bedroom was h-o-t ;)

Favourited!
Chiisana Minako chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Aww. There were so many lines that ruled. The whole scene before she dragged him upstair dripped sensuality, and the *good* type of tension. Oh snap, I gotta go D: so this had to be short !

*Gives you a chocolate*
blondieland chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I love the way you write them. It feels so in character, and I really like the idea of the what ifs :)

I also loved the ending, I was wondering during the whole fic if you were going to bring up the guy talked about while she was hypnotized lol

Hope you'll continue writing these, maybe the first time they slept together? :D

-blondieland.