Reviews for My Life Would Suck Without You
RetickLover chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Derek is still an idiot. Lovable but an idiot
HappinessAwaitingMe chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
you are fucking brilliant. 3
amyh52 chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Will have to watch "The Graduate" I loved the fic, but my question is...if he is a professional hockey player, why does he still drive the old ratty Prince?
Trigger.REALITY chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
You write the best Derek Casey fanfiction, I swear! I hope you do write more because I was checking your recent stories and you haven't written any of them for a long time.. are you not writing life with derek fanfiction anymore? I really hope not, they're amazing! :) xoxo
CynthiAngel chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Beautiful. Gorgeous.
SoRightItsWrong chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
As always, a profoundly amazing fic. (I'm starting to think I need some new vocabulary. I seem to lean towards words like, epic, amazing, beautiful, and lovely.) I think I said this in another review but alas I'll say it again. Each time you write a story, whether or not its Casey and Derek, or Alex and Justin, or even Harry and Hermione, you always manage to change the tone.. or maybe its the words. It's never the same story line which as a (somewhat) author I can appreciate. After awhile the same old, same old, gets boring. But you have managed to take these characters and explain them, write them, different each time.. but still keep the essence of Derek and Casey the same. (Confusing aren't I?)

Basically its this. Yeah, the bottom line is that Casey and Derek love each other. They always have, always will. And really thats the premise for all fics. But you? You take that and weave it and mold it into something of your own. You put your own spin on it that changes what normal is. And in the end the reader knows they didn't just read a love story. They read a monumental, flabbergasting, staggering, stupefying, astonishing, electrifying, scintillating, radiant, intense, and dazzling story. (Hah told you I would use different words.)

And here are my top 5 favorite lines: (because it's a longer story, so really I would be cheating if I didn't have more!)

1. Just the two of them on opposite end of the door. Closer than they've ever been. And further apart than they ever were. (I feel like there's always one sentence you write in any story of yours that can sum up who Derek and Casey are. And for me here its this sentence. I can see them standing on opposite ends, so much alike but so different. After all their conjoined memories their so close, but because of all they've shared their so far apart.)

2. And I go to a huge, empty flat every single night and jack-off to the memory of my stepsister. I don't even need a damned photograph, because your picture is burned beneath my eyelids. Do you see anything wrong in this picture?" (Well yes, it's kind of inappropriate. But deliciously so. And I think this is how Derek would first profess his love to Casey. Because maybe he tries to downplay things. Make it about sex. When all along he knows it's not just 'that'.)

3. "Don't take it personally, Casey," Roxy says quietly, "but sometimes I really, really hate you." (Are you surprised that this is a favorite of mine? It's more a favorite because damn is Casey oblivious. And I'm pretty sure eventually (if LWD wasn't a kids show) all of Derek's girlfriends would have said this to Casey. And basically the whole fandom of shippers. Because although Casey is adorable I think we all want to kind of hit her over the head and say, 'open your eyes, you have this guy who practically worships the ground you walk on (subtly of course) and who pulls your pigtails and loves you, you stupid girl.'Yes, that's why I love this sentence.)

4. Pretty much the whole confession scene. This is exactly how it would play out. I once again commend you on knowing your characters so well. And.. well like I always say, 'epic.'

5. She's sitting in just her white slip and his coat, because he's weird and possessive like that and he couldn't bear kissing her in a wedding gown she'd worn for someone else. And it's too late now by his damn watch and maybe the regret will be coming soon when this hour of madness is over. (Beautiful imagery. Another thing I always admired about your stories was the way you could conjure up these pictures. Like this one of course. But its more that like everything else, its realistic.)

Huh. Well it seems I once again take the award for longest review ever. At least I think so. You do know you don't have to respond back to every review I send you right? I would feel dreadfully bad about that.

;)
countingthestars12 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
You write Casey/Derek so so well, but this is probably my favorite Casey/Derek fic from you. Just the way the events unfolded in this fic, combined with your insightful and complex and accurate-to-canon (or as accurate as you can get considering Disney would never let the kind of stuff that happens in your fic happen ;D) characterization of Casey and Derek and their relationship, combined with the superb dialogue, combined with your always-beautiful writing style... amazing work, as always :))
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Wow, I like how it ended. At first I thought it had to do with the song with the same title.
Illaengka chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
I just realized, it's like "The Party" when he confesses things to her and then later basically asks if she bought it. And yes, sometimes it does take a while, usually much longer than we wish it would. I read this a long time ago, and I just read it again, as I was going through all your work. (Well all the LWD stuff anyway...) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you have most certainly improved as a writer, but I would not call your old fics bad in any sense of the word. You are a very gifted writer, so thank you for posting these beautiful stories, :-)
OnTheVergeOfExtinction chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Ah, goodness. That was so beautiful. I don't know how that's possible for a story with runaway brides and 'I love you' fake-fake-outs, but you did it. And I meant every bit of that as a compliment. God, you just write well. And it isn't about a fancy one liner thrown in here and there, you GET what you want to say and you CONVEY it perfectly - the entire mood, the characters themselves are REAL, and interesting and...I don't even know. And I haven't seen genuine sexual tension done well in a while, so good for you on that. You make me want to sit by a river with my dysfunctional love and not have to live in the mundane. And that doesn't even make me sad, because at least your story took me somewhere special for a few minutes. I love reading, and this is why. Thank you.

And sorry if I'm a little incoherent and silly-sounding right now. I'm sleepy.
passionatelysimple chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Ah, I always enjoy trying to figure out all the pop culture references you manage to cram into one story so this one was fun. For me personally, I try to avoid wedding fics because I just don't like most of them but this one was excellent. It could be because the wedding itself wasn't such a major factor in the whole story, it was just kind of there or just because you wrote it. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I finally got around to reading it.

A.
mayfair22 chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
This is your most romantic fic ever...and the image of Derek in your AN..AH! who wouldn't do a fic if an image like that popped into their heads? for some reason (don't ask me why) it reminded me of Hugh Jackman..perhaps it's got something to do with laugh lines and the movie 'Some one like you'...

The beginning was so superbly written that I feel for it...hook line and sinker...the poetic illusions Casey has is so damn her...Only she can have the ability to think like this in one of her life's most intense moment...And Derek , Derek Derek...I could slap him just to see the imprint of my palm on his beautifully sculptured cheek...:)

The end was just perfect...Graduate rocks!
Amorekristall chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
speechless.

...

beautiful :)
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Freakin'-A! I just found this, and you rock! Solidly rock! Seriously, if I could write this well, I'd be banking on it.
geschundheit chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
You are a genius. I love you.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »