Reviews for Misconceptions
G Octavius chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
Hello, I just started reading this, and I was kind of shocked that we have a very similar idea about doc ock. I don't mean to copy from you, but I am writing a video game fan fiction, in which Otto has a niece named Gwen(not gwen stacy). There should be enough difference in the plot to keep them different. Any way, great story.

-G Octavius
Autobot-Nova chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
I love this story so much! I hope you update it soon. I want to know what hapens to Evelyn.
Patchwork Knightess chapter 11 . 1/29/2011
must have more! please update soon!
ScifigeekET chapter 11 . 11/30/2010
-_- When will you learn, Spidey? She's NOT his daughter! (Rolls eyes)

:) This chapter was great. Love the confrontation scene between Ock and Spidey. :D Though it changed to the next scene a little quickly.

Also hoping there's more of the FF in the future. :P

ScifigeekET chapter 10 . 9/24/2010
I have to say this; your descriptions are really good, and getting better. And the storyline is getting better as well as the story goes on. Like I've said before, I love the idea of Ock teaching Evelyn to fight. Though, so far, he hasn't taught her much... :)

I like how they're slowly starting to get closer to each other (Eg Ock saying that he's proud of her) and how Evelyn's starting to trust him a little more, especially with the 'rooftop travel'.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, though I already feel embarrassed for Spider-Man and his stupidity in believing that Evelyn is Ock's daughter. (WHAT is he THINKING? O_o)

doodlerTM chapter 9 . 9/2/2010
Great writing! I really like this now; you've put a lot of new and different things in here. And Ock is also a little more...Ock-ier. :) Can't wait for the next chapter!
ScifigeekET chapter 9 . 9/2/2010
O_O Wow. I like the idea of Ock training someone, especially someone like Evelyn, in combat. I'm really excited for the next chapter. I'm also looking forward to seeing Spider-Man's reaction to Evelyn.

I'm starting to like Evelyn more and more as the story goes on. At first, she seemed like a brat and nothing more, but you slowly start to see why she acts that way. Despite how she first appears, her negative reactions to the weapons show how she really doesn't like the 'crimminal' lifestyle that she's slowly being forced into. She doesn't know exactly where to go from here; her choices are pretty limited. She can stay with her uncle, who has little to no care for life and morals in general, or she can go to the police and end up in what might be an even worse position.

Update soon, please!

ScifigeekET chapter 8 . 8/28/2010
Aw, I wish there was more of the Ock/Spidey talk. That was a great idea that just ended a little too quickly. I really liked the scene where Ock was showing Evenlyn the arms, though. It was very well done. I never thought Ock would have a tattoo, either, but he always wears that coat, so who knows? :) Looking foreward to the next chapter!

doodlerTM chapter 8 . 8/25/2010
I like Otto's tat and the pizza scene. He shouldn't be so vulnerable and nice to Evelyn, though. I think he should be nastier, at least a little bit. That would make it interesting.

'"They like you," her uncle noted, his back still to her. "Quite an interesting turn of events. When we first met, they were bent on killing you."'

This would make good fan art, Evelyn touching her uncle's pretty little tentacles, haha. But seriously, you should ask someone to draw fanart for you for this story and Haunting. Maybe even Prank Gone Wrong.

I like this. Please update soon!
ScifigeekET chapter 7 . 8/14/2010
Hi!

First, I LOVE the battle scene at the begining. I wouldn't have thought that Ock could get through Rhino's armor. Then again, it could happen. The two, as far as I've seen, haven't really been put into a life-or-death battle before. It's good to see the villans interacting like they SHOULD. They have a semi-alliance, but that doesn't stop them from hurting each other when they get whizzed off.

Second, I'm really starting to like Evelyn. Especially when she slaps Ock, expecting him to hurt her for it, but not caring enough to stop. :)

Third, I'm also really starting to like the relationship between the two. She shouldn't really trust him; after all, he hid his real identity from her, AND he's a crimminal, even if he is family. But still, she chooses to stay with him instead of going with the police, so she must trust him, at least a little. (even if going to the police isn't really much of a choice; Ock is her only family left...)

And finally, I'm looking forward to seeing what Evelyn asks Ock, and then, of course, what happens after THAT. Update soon, please!

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to review! :(
Laughter's Tears chapter 6 . 8/8/2010
Interesting story. She's kinda starting to grow on him, much as he hates to admit it. Can't wait to see what happens next.
ScifigeekET chapter 6 . 7/26/2010
PLEASE update soon! I'm really liking the story, and I really want to see what Evelyn says to Otto! Though I would have thought she'd just be terrified instead of betrayed, but still. She IS an interesting character; maybe that's just how she handles things. :)

ScifigeekET chapter 5 . 7/26/2010
Ha! I love it when the villans totally ignore Spider-Man like that. :D I mean, he's the 'hero' and the 'good guy' and all, but still, he deserves that. Really looking forward to Evelyn's reaction!

ScifigeekET chapter 2 . 7/26/2010
Hi!

Ok, two points. First, when writing a dialouge between the characters, it's better to have a space in between each character's statement, instead of writing it all in one paragraph. It makes it easier to read and doesn't seem as rushed. At least, in my expirence. :)

Second, the ending seems a little... fast-paced. There was a great chance for character development that just fell a little... flat. The scene could have carried on for a little longer than that. Just a suggestion, I've had a hard time with that as well.

DryBonesReborn chapter 5 . 7/11/2010
"Shut the up, Spider-Man," Doc Ock growled.

Isn't to be shut the H_ up? or "Shut the-, Spiderman!"