Reviews for Loyalty
Pebblepaw chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Sorry, that guest who is "on the fence" about auras and whether she is a good mother or not is me! I 4got to log in! Sorry!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I've always wondered whether Urasa was the most caring and wonderful mom, or the worst mother...I mean come on, she really said all those things about Azula making Azual wonder and wonder was she was doing wrong, I think Azula would have tried, and that's probably why she worked so hard at her training, trying to impress Ursa. But whenever Ozai was happy, Ursa was not, Ursa called Azula a monster because Azula wanted to look strong by burning the doll, which would have made her father proud! And Ursa visibly chose favorites!

But at the same time she really cared for the, both. She loved Zuko a lot, and I guess Azula became to full of pride because of her fathers teaching to want help, so I guess auras really couldn't have tried to get close to Azula...

And it never visibly seems like Ursa took time to show Azula right from wrong! She was just like "what a monster" instead of TEACHING Azula what she clearly needed to be taught! I mean kids don't just know this stuff, you have to teach it to them! And with a dad like Ozai?! No duh Azula ended up like that!

So...I'm on the fence because I really like Ursa, I really do...but after the end of the day she didn't care about Azula enough to keep her good, and stop her from insanity.
Tiresias-135 chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
I like this much better than the comic.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
This, sadly enough, could have been one of the most realistic moments in the series, simply because it was an impossible situation.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Monkey chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Sad...genius. Pure genius.
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Great job writing this! I loved the idea behind it! You wrote both characters perfectly! :)

x4ashes4ashes chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
I really liked this. I wish it had happened this way - then again, who's to say it didn't? I'm an incurable Azula sympathizer, so this story was right up my alley.
Blouta chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Zuko was the obvious choice, but I also believe that she would've picked Azula. Zuko had - and proved - that he was stronger against the will of his father.
things24 chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
I love it, but one line really struck me as odd. "How dare you… How dare you make me choose between the two things I treasure most in the world!" Things? I think people would work better, "things" is just..a generalzation.
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Fantastic work on this. Nicely done.
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
I absolutely love the introspection and thought into this piece. Ursa was a mother, and as a mother, she would have wanted to protect both of her children, and I've thought (and written) the same basic idea-that she would have known that Azula was headed down a broken, dark path. I love how you portrayed that, how Ursa sees her children with eyes that Ozai doesn't have, if he ever had them at all. And of course Ozai wouldn't let her bring either child anyway. Even though Ursa had to make a bargain to save Zuko's life, I think sometimes people ignore what she must have been fearing for Azula, too.

Thank you for showing Ursa in the light that wanted to keep both of her children safe, and for such a lovely, insightful story.
cabasa chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
WOW! That was so deep. I really loved it. So, that was a great job!
Abertha chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
oh, i really hate ozai now. gr...
me chapter 1 . 1/13/2010