Reviews for Collaboration
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
So funny but with lovely and satisfying deeper resonance. Sad to see its a few years since you posted - thanks for leaving these wonderful stories up here. :-)
Crystal Starling chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
This wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm very happy to have read it, because it was exactly the sort of story I've spent the day looking for. You've written these two so wonderfully, I spent my time reading this grinning. This is a wonderful story and I don't doubt that I'll come back to it whenever I need some Mal/Inara.
Andy Leighton chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
This is absolutely one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Thank you so much. (I'm being serious here.)
one.twilight.sun chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
That was ridiculously fluffy and cute!
ebfiddler chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
I just love this story. I can't begin to list which lines are my favorite, because I'd end up quoting the whole gorram thing from start to finish. I agree with your self-assessment of "an improbably happy future"-but everything is _still_ in character. Thanks for writing and posting this gem.
lychee loving chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I love how unrepentantly sappy and sweet this is. I don't care that you've labelled this as an improbably happy future, in an ocean of angst-filled, dramatic, depressing and heartbreaking (and fine, more realistic) M/I fic out there, this is a breath of fresh air.

Also, I'm in denial and wish with all my soul that Mal and Inara somehow, some way get a happily ever after.

I loved this. :)
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Aw! That was so cute! Great job :)
outtabreath chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Ah so snappy and funny. And the last line was sheer perfection.
jane0904 chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Very sweet. And surprisingly sexy, for something with no sex in it. Thank you.
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Love how lighthearted and playful they are in this one and it's good to see them happy together, ah… if only.

Thanks for sharing.
Dina C chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
GillianRose,

You've outdone yourself with this delightful, frothy confection! It's hilarious on the surface - full of all the romance/adventure cliches that we've all seen in a bazillion movies before - but completely endearing because it reveals the hearts of two characters whom we have come to love so much. Their playful banter and make-up-our-story-as-we-go was so much fun to read. On one level, it's just them being competitive and trying to one up the other in the game of love. On another level, it's really about them exploring their own romantic history, their present and even their future (at the very end).

I love the way you choose your vocabulary for Mal. You chose those slightly archaic words like "slaking" that sound Western, rustic, and all Joss-Whedon-esque, if you know what I mean. Great, great job. I'm adding this to my favorites right away! :-)
RionaEire chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Really cute and funny, measures up to my high expectations of you and your Mal/Inara stories. I have always wondered about Inara and an indenchured man, ever since seeing that episode, I guess I'm not the only one :) I liked how they made a nice pretend together, about the companion and the endenchured man and how they enjoyed it together as a couple. And the bit at the end about the pirate was really funny, I guess some things never change? :) Funny story altogether and enjoyable to read.

Riona
justcrazy chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Oh that was wonderful. Very clever, very sweet. I hereby nominate you to write the Big Damn Sequel. :)
Bytemite chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
One of them has a future in story telling.

It's not Mal. XD
Katesfriend chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Oh wow, chapter one - that's the best news yet! This was fun and creative and illuminating into how each views themselves and each other. Loved the give and take of power and the tap dance they shared between each other. That's the way I can see their relationship working out and you expressed it beautifully. Hope this was fun for you to write, because it sure was a fun read!