Reviews for Revenge of the Pod People
emilyhotchner-olicity-bethyl chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Oh poor em! She got eewie yuck all over but thank goodness hotch the softie is there:)
Pheonix1995 chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Poor Emily :/ but at least Hotch was there to try and make things better :) Great Follow-up! :D
DeborahsFrench chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
A great sequel to the first story. Amazing and had me hooked.
NotAVideoGirl chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
"Though undressing female agents wasn’t specifically addressed in any HR policy coming to mind, he was pretty sure it as a giant, no, no. So much so that they hadn’t even felt the need to write it down." Best. Passage. Ever.
Arcadya chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Except . . . what the fuck! No Internet connection? How is that possible? He can buy a two dollar cup of coffee at Starbucks and get wifi! And yet they spent $148 A PIECE on these tickets and there’s no frigging Internet access?

I literally snorted just then, I'm reviewing in process by the way, ahh, it's so funny when I realize that RL has impacted your FW...

“I won’t apologize for being sick. I will however apologize for you having to see me covered in regurgitated chili dogs.”

That was a scene nobody should ever have to see.

“Okay,” he tipped his head, “that apology I will accept.” - Giggle, too funny, and really kind of sweet in an icky blegh way.

Also, really enjoyed his lack of bartering skills. I certainly will be learning to barter in Cambodia, hopefully I don't suck too bad at it. Although it will be a lot different from 'borrowing' a movie from a kid on a train...
antioxidants help your heart chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Hello again,

I was so glad to see you wrote a follow up to Pod People, because if I had to choose, that would be my favorite of your stories. And I was grateful for the ick warning, because throwing-up is my least favorite thing in the world, and train bathrooms only barely rate above bus bathrooms in my book. But since I love the results of a guilt-ridden Hotch, the ick was totally worth it. I have said it before, but I want a Hotch.

Also, about your request for a bilingual beta. Because I wasn't sure if anyone was offering, here I am. I should be absolutely clear: I don't actually speak spanish, I speak french. But I can understand written spanish, and given time, respond in understandable, if not idiomatic, ways. I am also really good at explaining grammar. So, if no one who is actually bilingual offers, I'm totally willing, if not completely able, to give it a go.

Happy New Year,

Anti
chiroho chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Ha! "Behold! Eck!" Okay, so I've been warned. This is going to be a teensy bit gross. Can't say it's unexpected given how Emily was feeling right after Hotch yelled at her!

Packed train. This is always an excellent thing to find when boarding a train. NOT!

So Prentiss isn't his wife/girlfriend/significant other. She's his, at this point, um, good friend. Okay. But you can still see why they'd want to be sitting together.

Totally snorted at the "shoved it somewhere it would have been hard to retrieve without forceps and a mirror" comment. Adds a whole new meaning to the expression "de-digitate".

Oops, Hotch nearing a complete and total meltdown is not a good thing for anyone he's pissed with. I mean, he made that guy in the hotel cry and wet his pants just for "upsetting" Emily. It almost made Dave miss his booty call!

"Intense and scary. Really, why mess with the classics?" Why indeed? Go with what works, Hotch. LOL here, most definitely.

"THIS man was indeed fully prepared to make a trophy of his balls before he shoved him from a moving vehicle." I'm dying here, I really am. Too! Damn! Funny! Then again, I'd be frantically packing up my laptop as well.

Ugh, poor Emily. Movable deathbeds. Such a lovely thing to be considering while Hotch is threatening to rip the 'nads off a guy at the other end of the train carriage.

At least Hotch is trying to be nice here, but honestly Emily really should have said that there was no way in the world she was up to being in a moving vehicle of any description.

"He can buy a two dollar cup of coffee at Starbucks and get wifi! And yet they spent $148 A PIECE on these tickets and there’s no frigging Internet access?" Hm, it occurs to me that someone else I know had the same thought recently, but I just can't recall who that is. Oh well, I'm sure it will come to me. :D

I thought we'd settled on the fact that Hotch says "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" to himself though, not the coarser version. ;)

Oh that's just horrible! Hotch without any work to do. Whiskey Tango Hotel is the poor man going to do! *eye roll* How about suck it up like the rest of us mere mortals. Looks like the 'Last Boy Scout' just didn't come prepared enough. ;)

"did you say that you were going to take a NAP? You Aaron Hotchner are going to sleep, not only in the daylight hours, but in public?" I'm just cracking up all the way through this. You really do have them sparring with each other so well, even when Emily is feeling like death warmed up. I cannot imagine where she gets her smart mouth from. ;)

And yet another mention of Hotch's super powers. If he was so super powerful, couldn't he either a) make Emily better on the spot, or b) whisk up something to do? I do feel sorry for Emily though. Feeling that way when you can lie in your own bed and be near your own bathroom is bad enough. Having it happen to you on the road when you need to be travelling is a veritable nightmare.

"Which is of course what he was doing." SNORT!

And now Hotch is one of those weird people on the train who are trying to read someone else's newspaper over their shoulder, or see what they're writing on their laptops. You know, the weird stalker types - as I'm sure you remember clearly from "the most boring blog evah". But someone as intense as Hotch doing that, it would just scream UNSUB! It's just such a funny picture.

You can't really tell me that Hotch needs to count the cash in his wallet, can you? :) I mean, I thought you had Emily say at one point that he was one of the few people she knew who always seemed to have $300 in bills in his wallet. Yes, I'm using your own stories against you now. ;)

Ah, ha! So this is where Hotch first watches 'Serenity'. I liked it, I have to say. I wonder what his favourite parts though. Morena Baccarin, perhaps? I've read that she's actually even more attractive in person than she appears on TV, should that actually be possible. And we know that Hotch is attracted to exotic raven haired beauties. ;) Or maybe it's Summer Glau, or Jewel Staite, as it's not exactly like an ugly cast! Or maybe he pictures himself as Captain Reynolds. Hey, that could be a really cool dream world, where Hotch imagines himself as Reynolds and Emily as Inara! :D Can you imagine Hotch trying to talk like Reynolds?

"Perhaps somebody would like to call an FBI agent to arrest him." LOL. I'd like to see anyone other than a Section Chief or Deputy Director try and do that to Hotch. I'm not even sure the Section Chief would fare terribly well.

Seventeen seconds is the longest staring contest Hotch has ever had. Too funny that he knows to the second. I mean, even Reid said that he didn't think he'd EVER seen Hotch blink, in years! How is anyone likely to win a staring contest. LOL

"Hell half the people on this train could be packing suitcase bombs and it wouldn’t matter a whit whether or not the conductor checked their photo identification before they were all blown to kingdom come!" Now there's a happy thought! Know anyone else who's had a thought like that recently?

"Realizing he had just verbatim yelled the same rant in his head that Emily had last week when she was in the break area talking to him about the state of passenger security in this country, Hotch realized that he was perhaps spending too much time with the woman at his side." Oops! I just can't help but crack up though. Too funny.

"Given what came out of her mouth when she was awake, God knows what went on in her head when she was asleep." I AM DYING HERE. How am I actually supposed to review this when I keep laughing?

"Apparently vomiting while in motion was just as bad an idea in practice as it sounded in principle." Behold! Eck! And that's just gross. Though no worse than having to clean up a bed when a child has been sick while they're sleeping. Done that more than once. Eck just doesn't cover it.

ROFL at Hotch cataloguing the contents of Emily's bag. "bra, white", "bra, black". Had to laugh even harder at the purple striped pajamas though. I knew you'd find a way to work them in here somehow.

And while it's sweet that he helps her, how could he not in that situation? I mean, JERK if he didn't!

"Though undressing female agents wasn’t specifically addressed in any HR policy coming to mind, he was pretty sure it as a giant, no, no. So much so that they hadn’t even felt the need to write it down." He can't quote the appropriate reference in FBI regs about this? I'm sure Reid could! And that would be a funny picture, Reid quoting the regs on "undressing female agents" as Hotch helps Emily clean up from something. ;)

Not sure if I can see what you "fixed" here. Then again, I was VERY tired when I read it before, so I'm not surprised.

And at least train toilets are bigger than airplane toilets. Could you imagine him trying to help her in one of those?

He finally makes the right decision about getting off and finding somewhere to stay the night, and get some dry cleaning done! And he can check his email from a hotel room, even if she's sleeping on the other bed so that he can make sure he takes care of her. You know that, when you write about the next pod people that you're not going to be writing about, that's how it's going to work out, right? :)

And 'Serenity' is a favourite of Emily's too, huh? I'm sure she likes it for Captain Reynolds. ;)

"It was hard to catch Hotch being human but it was always amusing when she did." It is. We need to see more of it, I think. And more badass Emily, 'cause that's cool too. You know, in case you're ever bored and want to write more stories. ;)

Such a cute story about Hotch taking care of Emily. Very much enjoyed it. Thank you for writing about your experiences on our favourite US passenger transport rail carrier. :D
kimtom4eva chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Loved it, such sweet interaction!
Jazmingirl chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
great story I love it
Hotch-Prentiss-fan chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
a protective Hotch is a sight for the eyes to see

I love it

and Im a fan of Serenity
katdemon1895 chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
woo for hotch picking serenity, poor emily, too bad she feels so awful and this is an excellent continuation of the first pod people thing, nice job
starofoberon chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Nice one, Sienna27. Although my stomach lurched in sympathy with Emily's, it was a sweet and grin-inducing little story. Gotta wonder what Mr. By-the-Book is doing Jonesing on a fictional crew that is pretty much genetically programed to ignore rules, but, meh, what do I know?

Thank you!