Reviews for Betrayal's Progeny
Emilx311 chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Pour Raoul! Erik would too understand, he'd be angry and Raoul would probably end up tied to the gate again, but after an explanation I'm sure he'd understand!

~Emi
xdark.flowerx chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
well Erik can survive through it.

-nods-

I think he would

-snick-
taedium chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
oh! (That was a 'sympathetic-to-your-pain' oh, not an oh as in 'oh-ah')

First: 'Poor Raoul!' As we've discussed, this is a signature phrase for when reviewing your fics. You're painfully obsessed with putting that poor boy through hell. ;D

Second: For a moment there, I almost believed the kidnapper was Erik and it was all some kind of sick test (I had just read the third chapter of Gallery Piece), but I don't think even Erik would go so far as to endanger Phillipe's life because of how much he means to Raoul(esp. if he is supportive of their relationship) AND Raoul's when he is forced to swim into the freezing water to save him.

Last: Ugh! That last line! I really want to say that Erik will understand and just be really pissed at the kidnappers for threatening and endangering HIS Raoul, but he REALLY (understandably) has some major trust issues going on... idk.

I hate when things don't end well for them! lol Even when you manage it so nicely :D

~taedium
Haru Kinome chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Oh, Gods... That's terrible. I mean, the choice, not your fic; as always, your writing is brilliant and heartrending. You've turned something that should be interpreted as a good cause into the ultimate betrayal... because you're right, Erik would never forgive Raoul. And this fic is all the more amazing because the angst is entirely in Raoul's guilt over his choice instead of piling cliché drama into the moment he had to choose or killing Erik off. Whatever happens to Erik seems unimportant, because if he does survive an encounter with those mysterious people, that betrayal will make him wish he he hadn't. Poor Raoul; he may not have drowned in the river, but now he's drowning in his misery.

Ne, now I'm depressed, and I wanna cry. But at the same time, I'm so glad I got to read something like this. Thank you for writing it.
whatevergirl chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Aww! Poor Erik, and Raoul. What a hard decision! But interesting, all the same! :)
The Crazed Artist chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Hm, I kind of agree with the point of Erik not forgiving betrayal by anyone, especially a lover. His life is surrounded by danger and any betrayal would be the greatest wrong doing to him. Nice fic though, though like always it is sad. The whole Opera cast needs happy pills or something jeez.
Mallie chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
While Erik will be pissed as hell, I think it will be more with the kidnappers than Raoul. Eventually anyway.

I like that Phillipe knows and seems to accept his brother's relationship with Erik.

Of course if Raoul HAD informed Erik immediately about the note and had him follow there would have been a VERY different outcome.
Kittendragon chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
sad...I think that Erik would understand if he found out that Raoul was being blackmailed...something about "No one uses my own tricks against me".

Maybe I just hate the idea of them being apart. :(
re-harakhti chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Eep...

I mean, just, wow.

I don't want to even comprehend who I would choose, a lover or a family member and I guess that when put on the spot you would choose the one who was immediately in danger.

I know you don't want to make it a multi-fic, but (adopts wheedling tone) perhaps a sequel of Erik's view point? I think Erik would be more pissed off that someone hurt an innocent person (especially one belonging to Raoul) to get to him. There is more danger of Erik drawing away from Raoul to protect him than in betrayal.

I can almost in an actual scene of Raoul coming across the kidnapper's in one of Erik's traps and just feeling nothing for them (even more so if they were still alive and kicking and not just corpses).
ThatIsNotMyCow chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
:( This fic did hurt! Erik would have totally accepted him, although your Raoul ESPECIALLY is dense and misinterprets situations just to piss us off. And I'm fairly certain Erik is not afraid to kill someone who has threatened Raoul or Phillipe's life, much less his own. I DID think that the kidnapper was going to be Erik for a minute there, from the "disguising his voice" comment, and that Raoul didn't contact him first...but that might be a little TOO crazy! No more sad, more happy! :D