Reviews for Revelation
Calamity in Motion chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
This...god this was so fantastic!

As I was reading this my chest tightened and I felt that irritating little scratch at the backs of my eyes like I wanted to cry.

Every line was fantastic, and as a whole this piece was just so...beautiful. Poetic, even. There was a quiet sort of yearning in the words. It was so sad and yet the love for her man was very plainly there.

This line particularly got to me;

"But she cries more and more herself nowadays and can’t move so well anymore. Her ability to keep up is seeping out like blood on the sheets. He really takes better care of his knives."

Right there is where the tears wanted to come. It is heartbreaking and yet so beautiful. (forgive my reuse of that word, but at the moment I'm in a strange sort of numbness after reading this piece)

I applaud you, because NO ONE moves me to tears these days, and this made me want to take Harley into my arms and comfort her. I even sent this to my mother and it made her smile in that sad little way I rarely see anymore and she told me it was wonderful.

-Calamity-
FunnyFloyd chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I don't really know what attracks me about this... Maybe it's the fact that you've managed to cut their relationship down to a story with a word count of 375... Or maybe it's the fact that you are one of the few (few!) j/hq authors that has fully and deeply understood the true bondaries of their relationship... I dunno, but the things is:

I really like it. It's going to be re-read, trust me.
Twitchylicious chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
I'm usually more of a fan of... less dark Joker/Harley, but this was incredible. 3
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
YOU may not know whether or not this is your favorite fic, but I can wholeheartedly assure you that it is mine. Out of all the works of yours that I have read, I have to say . . . this one was by far the best.

You know when you're writing something, and you happen to glance at it and you're like, "Wow, that line is really good." And you just know it is because it's got this great flow to it, the vocabulary is smart, and the sentence structure just . . . works. Any idea what I'm talking about? Anyway, the point I am trying to make here is that EVERY line of yours was amazing. I mean . . . wow.

'He groans over dying men the same way he does during sex.' -This line especially was amazing and gave me the shivers. This is a theme that I explored a little bit in my own story 'Clockwork', but it was only for one sentence, and I didn't really dwell on it. Anyway, I loved that line. It really puts his character into perspective for you. The Joker gets off on causing chaos. I love that about him. He’s not one of those cliché villains whose motive is to one day rule the world. I think he would laugh at that.

I also really like this line as well: ‘They giggle at bad jokes together. They do exciting, stupid things for no reason besides them being exciting and stupid.’ -I honestly don’t have anything to say about this line. I simply loved it.

This line: ‘But she cries more and more herself nowadays and can’t move so well anymore. Her ability to keep up is seeping out like blood on the sheets. He really takes better care of his knives,’ is simply amazing. I do have ONE small critique though, and it’s not even a critique really, more just something that I thought would be cool if you added in there and help things flow better. Instead of saying this ‘He really takes better care of his knives. There are scars on her legs from where he’d sliced them open,’ I think it would be really cool if it said something like this instead: ‘He holds his knives more than he holds her hand; the scars on her legs tell her so.’ I don’t know if you like that or not, but after reading your line, that line that I just wrote immediately came to mind. I’m not sure why. Anyway, you don’t have to put it in there, just thought it would be cool if you did. Just a friendly suggestion. (:

Anyway, sorry for the rant. This story was gorgeous. I absolutely adored it. Keep up the fantastic work and I will continue to read. You’re so talented. I hope this story gets tons of review. :D

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Always good to see the morbid side of their relationship, along with the rest. Most fics seem to focus on the freedom and happy stuff Harley feels, not the torture she willingly takes.