Reviews for Past and Present
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
this is the only y2j/bret hart story :( they are so hot together!
Karu-DarkAngel chapter 5 . 6/16/2010
I read all five chapters in one go and I'm really delighted with it. This is one of few stories that doesn't put Bret and Shawn back together and I came to like that very much. Shawn is the one still in love with Bret when it usually is the other way around and there seems to be still a lot of trouble to come for both of them and Hunter.

I'd really like to see Bret and Chris as a couple at some point. Their interaction is great and despite I've never read them as a pair before you already made me a fan ;) Can't wait for the next chapter.
If-I-Were-A-Wolf chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
stupid fat as$ big show...grrrr... and shawn cant always get his way, the princesa needs to know that. well, awesome ch. update soon please!
takers dark lover chapter 5 . 5/13/2010
Wow ok I just caught up with this story. I was like 3 chapters behind I don't know how that happened but it did. Shawn is coming apart at the seams well Bret is falling for Chris. And poor Hunter I fear Shawn is going to hurt him bad because of his feelings for Bret.

And what Show did to Chris was very very mean. I don't like him at all in this story!
Dark Kaneanite chapter 5 . 5/9/2010
Oh Bret. The tangled webs you weave, they leave me breathless and begging for more. *pets hurting CJ* You poor, poor baby, but atleast you have Bret taking care of you, so everything will turn out.

I'm wanting to kill Show slowly for hurting CJ but I know that he'll get his in time. They all do after a while. 3
GrandpasGuitars chapter 5 . 5/6/2010
Whoa.
I have to say, well done. All the emotion is perfect. When Shawn asked Bret to hold him- I knew it was wrong but I still felt so bad for Shawn. And the Royal Rumble part! Just perfect.
You're amazing
slashburd chapter 5 . 5/2/2010
Oh you know I'm loving this story so much. I think its genuinely the only thing I've read since Bret's return where he doesn't want Shawn. Its refreshing to see Shawn so desperate and not getting what he wants for a change.

As I imagine he can be in real life Bret appears to be the voice of reason, doing everything he can to send Shawn back to a life he seems to be throwing away for nothing and taking Chris forward and being the support he really does deserve and probably needs.

It was this that really got me:

"He looked at Bret, wishing there was some trace of love still there, but all he saw was a tired man"

Just to look and see nothing of what you want there after convincing yourself that that one thing will make everything alright must be shattering.

Anyway, as ever I've rattled on. I really really am enjoying this story, I'm glad the lyrics gave you a bit of something to go on - I sense they'll be popping up somewhere in my writing soon too!

And if this fic ends up in a Bret/CJ love story then my brain will break and I'll die a happy fangirl. Just sayin' XD
XxShawns Guardian AngelxX chapter 5 . 5/1/2010
Damn. Poor Chris. He just can't catch a break but in Bret's case at least Chris seems like he'd be more reasonable than Shawn. Chris has been spit on for so long that I believe he'd appreciate Bret and Bret's so exhausted that I think he'd appreciate Chris. So it works for me. I really like this friendship. If it becomes more, I approve. Its really sweet. Darn Canadians xD

And Shawn and Bret...yes. Doomed from the start. God complexes and diva attitudes don't mix well but I learned one night while researching that Shawn and Bret could have the greatest sex ever because their signs are deeply, physically attracted to each other. That made me giggle.

I hope Bret can stay focused and I hope Hunter can...well can find his own way as well. Its all about finding a way to move on. Great update. Shawn was ftw! And your Bret is way cooler than the God one that lives in my head. Id give you an Oscar if I could so take a virtual one from me. xD

~Nef
XxShawns Guardian AngelxX chapter 4 . 5/1/2010
I hope you're not too angry at me for waiting so long to read this one. But you know as well as I know that anything to do with Shawn, Bret, and Montreal is dnw central -_-

This was so perfect! Love Chris and Bret's friendship and really loved how Chris stuck it to the jewels.

Hunter and Shawn...Diva...Vintage diva right there but that's his defense. And Vince McMahon has a lot of repenting to do in my book but then with or without Vinnie Mac, HBK and Bret were handfuls. Moving on to see what happens next...xD
Esha Napoleon chapter 5 . 5/1/2010
LOVE IT!
Juuaichi chapter 4 . 4/23/2010
Love it. Can't wait to see more. And every time Hunter thinks to himself about how this is all Bret's fault for "stirrin up Shawn" I kinda chuckle and go who the fuck cares? Hell, Bret don't give a damn! haha

And Yes Big show must get his come uppens lol, lie with the dogs get treated like a dog i always say lol
Shezli chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
Another good chapter. The development of Chris & Bret's relationship is done brilliantly. Seems like Bret is Chris's comfort zone at the moment. He is having fun when he is around him which is a good thing.

The commotion between Miz/Show & Jeri/Bret was also very amusing. Specially Miz being a complete asshole. They have really come out as complete jerks in this story so far. Bret speaking up for Chris was nice.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
GrandpasGuitars chapter 4 . 4/12/2010
Wow. Well done. I really felt the emotion here, both from Hunter and Shawn, and from Bret and Chris. Bret and Chris' relationship still almost feels a lot more like a friendship than actual relationship, and I think that's why it's so good for Chris. It's not rushing him into something after just losing what he had with Paul.
If-I-Were-A-Wolf chapter 4 . 4/8/2010
UP! DATE! UPDATE! i LOVE this! i watched mania, its fan-super-mazing! i wanna see what you'll do with it in this story! so update soon pleeasee!
slashburd chapter 4 . 4/3/2010
Just so Goddamn awesome! I love this story and this chapter is brilliant. The way you describe a scene to set it just makes everything seem so real - the cold, wet, miserable parking lot was just incredibly described.

I really like the way that things are so gentle and unspoken between Chris and Bret, the tension is all there but neither seems keen on letting anything slip.

The restaurant scene with SM/H was just inspired - the way Shawn gave Hunter his onion was another example of the kinds of details so many writers overlook but you capture absolutely.

So, anyway, I'll shut up. I loved it and can't wait for more 3