Reviews for Duende
Blue Jeans chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Beautiful. I love the details in not just the characters but the environment that lends its own depth.
Merry Faerie chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Really and truly, just a beautifully-written fic. I read this during the ficathon and internally squealed to come upon it again. Great work!
apsara chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
wow - i think this has to be one of the most beautifully written r/j fics i've ever read, seriously. can't believe i've never seen this one before...but better late than never. thanks for a gorgeous read!
Vulu- twenty4wayshotmail.com chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
This is stunning! From the very first word, I was thrown into another world that I would have never expected, especially when the spanish flair of this story stands out from the rest on this site. You have a way of words that is captured with a flurry of colourful detail, clever input of Toledano's memories and the believable but dream-like quality of the chase. For an AU, this one-shot is filled with layers of something wonderful. :)
Charlie Chaplin 2 chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Yes! Finally, I have figured out how to contact you! YUME! First, did you see Wyse's ficathon deadline extension? (I'm estatic because my piece needs so much work since I rushed it and, well, it sucks so far, but never mind).

Second, having finished (or thought I had finished) the ficathon piece, I had a spare few hours yesterday ( yesterday was my 'finish the ficathon piece instead of my essay' day) and remembered that there were many of last year's pieces that I just hadn't had time to read. Last year I had started picking them randomly and then moved onto to the ones with the least reviews (from being in the middle) and so, unfortunately, yours was one of the ones which I had missed.

But I read it last night and... wow. I loved it. It was so good. I often worry about too much description in my fic, but yours was just so well done. There was one fic I remember trying to read a few years back, it was quite long and it looked like the author had put a lot of effort into it, but it bored me to the point where I just stopped reading because all she'd done was write descriptively. It was too much. But here you find the balance so well.

It was so exciting, it was vibrant, and the music you used was just asbolutely perfect (I am now a fan of Ivan Tucakov and Tambura Rasa). I loved it. I really did: how you use Toledano as your means of showing the reader the city, how you write out action sequences without losing any of the excitement, how you weave in their backgrounds and hint at the others, how intriguing Rei is and surreal.

It was really something and I thoroughly enjoyed your mix of past-lives and other-worldy elements with a very realistic, almost historical view of the world they currently live in (I hope that makes sense to you).

I'm sorry I haven't left this review for you on the forums but I've locked myself out, and I don't think you have an lj page, so I looked up on Wyse's ficathon homepage for your email address and then came across the fact that you have an account.

I loved their dance, I loved the chase, I love your style of writing in this and your use of description. Most of all I love this line:

"The heart, al-Tarsusi always said, was a dangerous beast that waits for a moment of weakness to betray its master. "

The first eight lines were such a wonderful introduction, I just knew it was going to be a good piece. And it certainly was.

Well done! I'm so bummed it's taken me this lonog to find such a wonderful R/J piece!
Cassie M. M chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
This was absolutely great, although it was a bit hard to keep my place as I scrolled down to read .

Also, I just wanted to add a random note - Rosales is my teachers name! D. I just had to say that, I thought it was interesting, and I might even tell him when I go back to school tomorrow, .
Floey chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
this is a beautifully written story and should be read by many more people! I appreciate that you wrote in such...eloquence (excuse my spelling...its late at night) and you tapped into something that really is Jadeite and Rei. They are forever a cat and mouse chase, that is what makes their relationship so interesting. He wants her so bad, but not in a way to crush her. This is an AWESOME story and everyone should read this.
restless-soul63 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
The piece is quite lovely :) There's something musical in the narrative and I don't think its from the depiction of music and dancing. I get this whimsical feeling not unlike the feeling one gets when recalling a dream or a memory or a life in this case...can't really explain it but that isn't the point since I really liked how I could imagine the scenes in vibrant reds and orange but not the blinding annoying somehow. I love how you phrase your words! " In the depths of her eyes, he is struck by poignant sorrow, and somehow he knows that she too hears the echo of a long-dead melody, she too is chasing the memory of a memory." "In this lifetime they will not remember." is simple but rather striking I think. The actual story too just right in showing where he's at, where he's been and where they could possibly be going. Really liked the last paragraph, can't help but wonder if the dropping of Toledano was intentional though as it conveys, at least to me, a sort of 'onward' we go. hahaha

Thank you, this really was a good read!