Reviews for The Girl From Whirlpool
meelomango chapter 2 . 6/25
Silvershine, I miss your writing so much. :( Please, please return to fandom.
Xcherokee chapter 27 . 6/21
About my 8th time reading this and I'm still 100% completely in love with this amazing story. I can not find anything like this. Once I start reading I can't stop and I just love Kushina and minato relationship so much. You made every single character in your story perfect.
Seems like Minato steped into the Friend zone
HenryN chapter 27 . 5/24
You changed my life. This story was truly, the most heartfelt, incrediously well written masterpiece. This past week was a time in my life that I will always remember. This story is something that will always stay in my mind. I thank you graciously for what you did and I can only pray and implore that you would one day return to this and complete it. If it would take another half a decade more, I will wait that long. Thank you again for this, I can't even to elaborate on how much this has affected me and how you truly saved me in this time of my deep depression.

With many respect,

HenryN, a fellow writer who pales in comparison and aspires to be like you.
X chapter 27 . 5/17
5 years, huh? I thought the ending would be along the lines of Minato and Kushina looking down at baby Naruto. Anyway, phenomenal story, my friend, I enjoyed every word of it.
GlueDew chapter 27 . 5/16
I feel like I've already left a review, but just in case, I need to let you know how incredible this story is. I think I've adopted this as the backstory of Minato and Kushina and the world during the Third Great War, since Kishimoto never goes into much detail and they deserve a good story! I just love how human you've made all these characters- they have their strengths and flaws like anybody, and we truly get to see Minato and Kushina grow from little kids to (almost) the adults we see in Naruto cannon, shaped by usual things like relationships and goals but also the war and the kyuubi and all the more dramatic events.
The day-to-day events in-between the larger arcs are what really get me: Kushina's guinea pigs (especially the Yellow Flasher and his name and every interaction the characters have with him!), Minato running across the city just to tell Kushina how beautiful her hair is before she cuts it off, Ren stopping the ninja from pursuing Minato because he probably knew Minato would just massacre them, everything about the hospital poker game... if I named everything I would end up citing your entire story, but needless to say, I've read this one at least four times, which I very very rarely do with fanfiction, even good ones. This is a great one.
I am sad that it ended and I assume you're not picking it up after so many years, but 27 chapters is quite a lot, and the ending finished up the last arc and brought the story closer to the beginning of cannon. I think Itachi was about 5 when Naruto was born, and since Mikoto just revealed her pregnancy, it seems that the next bigs arcs that would happen in the story are mostly Minato's recovery, training his genin team and dealing with what happens with Obito and Kakashi, and becoming Hokage, and his feelings during Kushina's pregnancy, and we all know where his story ends. I would love to see what Kushina does during all this, as well as the other characters, and I know you would include so many more little but powerful moments, but overall, where you left off is also a good ending.
Thank you very much for the great story!
Kakashiz chapter 27 . 5/10
I have read all of your fics (save SasuSaku - I kinda don't ship it xP) and I have adored every single one of them. You've mentioned both Cynchick and Serenanna in your author notes, and while I was previously a Cynchick fan, I've now become besotted with your style as well. Cynchick makes her stories poignant and deeply real, but yours has deliciously riveting plot and a delightful penchant for glib characters (which has made me giggle out loud upon plenty of occasions). House of Crows was a wonderful rollercoaster of a ride, and before I started paying attention to you as an author I have somehow collected both The Window and Duty Before Honor in my library. One of the best and you deserve that title.

It pains me physically (I threw a mini-tantrum and was depressed for a day) to realize that The Girl From Whirlpool hasn't been updated for over 5 years and that, unlike the rest of your fics that I treasure, we readers will likely never see it through. We really hope you'll come back someday and pick up where you left off, and I'm following this against all odds, so if/hopefully when you come back, we'll all be here waiting. I don't normally review nowadays as I read from the mobile app, but it would be worth it if I could spark a response.

All the best in life :)

Monster Cat Music Girl chapter 27 . 5/4
I really like this! I know that since it hasn't been updated in five years, it might not get one, but that won't stop me from hoping!
Shadowslayer5 chapter 27 . 5/2
I just found this, five years after you stopped updating. This is an amazing story, with great humor, romance, and plot. I seriously hope you continue it!
kimrb chapter 27 . 4/27
May forever
Just another fan chapter 27 . 4/25
Some if not all of the naruto fiction I have read by you is my FAVORATE! YOU ARE A FANFICTION GGGGOOOOODDDD! I love u!
Vivi007Nee chapter 27 . 4/18
What can I say that hasn't already been said? This is just another example of your incredible storytelling abilities, and I'm so thankful you've deigned to share your gifts with us on . You've really made me love these characters who barely get a mention in the manga, and you've crafted the most BEAUTIFUL story. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Guardian's Blade chapter 27 . 3/29
This is easily the greatest Naruto story I've ever read, despite being unfinished it truly is a masterpiece in of itself. That being said the last chapter seems like a fitting end to the story thus far, and I commend you on writing such a work of art. I highly encourage any Naruto fans to give this story a chance!
erichan14 chapter 18 . 3/28
Hello, SilverShine~
I've read this story more than 3 times already and each time, the experience was magical.
Please please see this through the end! I really love the main characters development...and I have so man questions left unanswered. I know I'm sounding selfish, but I am interested how you'll continue it so far!

Your avid reader,
Writingright chapter 1 . 3/27
I wish this story had been finished, it was really great!
4,718 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »