Reviews for The Storm
KNA chapter 4 . 3/22/2005
Ooh, I loved chapters 3 and 4. I really want to know why some things about Irek seems familiar to Leia. Curious, curious. Her behaviour in this story in response to Roganda kinapping her is very IC.

I love the relationship between Belana and Roj Kell (two incredibly cool characters, even if the latter seems quite nasty in some ways. ;)).

Also, I like Padmé's idea in regards to Anakin's retirement; gardening. That would be such a lovely sight - I laughed out loud at the mental image. ;)

Mon Mothma is in some ways starting to get on my nerves, though I (think I) understand her motives. I liked that Thrawn wouldn't let her take charge in their "alliance". I have never read the books which he features in, but I find him to be an interesting character the way you've written him so perhaps I'll take a look at those books some time.

Looking forward to getting on with your story!

- KNA.
KNA chapter 2 . 3/20/2005
Oh my. I must have been blind not to have noticed you wrote at sequel to your brilliant "The Art of War". Seriously, I've come back to read that story so many times throughout the last couple of years and I've never noticed this story. It is, to put it mildly, a bit pathetic of me.

Anyway. As always, I love your characterisation. I like the fact that I can almost feel the plot getting too complicated for me to understand - and yet, I have complete faith that I'll be able to read my way through all chapters of this with no difficulties because your writing is a security in and of itself.

But yes. So many wonderful things. I'll mention one or two in each review, or this will end up as a small novel. ;) The relationship between Anakin and Padmé is wonderfully written - not too sweet, but still immensely cute. :P

Also, poor Han, getting yelled at by Anakin. ;) I thought that was a very funny sequence, even if I felt so bad for Han. I hope he manages to propose to Leia at some point.

Anyway. I'll continue with chapter 2. I really, quite seriously love you for having written a sequel to "The Art of War", even if I've been too thick-headed to notice. O_o!

By the way; I ended up actually reading the book by Sun Tzu - as you said, it was a very interesting read. So thank you for that recommendation as well.

- KNA.
Illidan chapter 41 . 2/12/2004
It is now 5 AM, and I have just finished reading "The Storm."
It saddens me that the great epic journey that you, Djuva, lead me on is now over. Your great tale is more magnificent then the original Star Wars books.. I will forever remember your creation of Roj Kell and portrayel of Anakin Skywalker. I started this tale years ago. The source I found them (Don't remember where) was incomplete; I only read some of the Backlash era stuff and most of Art of War. Half a year or so ago I found your webpage and page; I re-read everything and continued on to the Storm. Then, about half-way through, I took a long vacation from it; always knowing it was there; always knowing I would return to it someday. And so, I have done. You are the best of the very few persons who can write a Sith Lord *or* a master strategist; and you can write them both. I can safely say that your epic ranks in the top ranks of stories I have ever read.. Published or Fanmade. Anakin has always been my favorite SW character; Roj Kell threatens to become my favorite character from any book, movie, or television show. Thankyou, and I hope that you continue to write.
I end my over-long review with the sum of all that matters:
Roj Kell Will Return.
(wrote this yesterday, couldn't post it cuz wouldn't let me)
Nubian Queen chapter 44 . 10/28/2003
OMG! I first stumbled across this story arc while touring Bast Castle. I started reading The Art of War and was absolutely blown away. While Sun Tzu's philosophy is not one I understand well, you have truly done an outstanding job of taking it and weaving a story so complex and compelling that even the uninformed masses such as myself could gasp in awe at the intense game being played out. Having never read any of the NJO books or follow-ups to the original SW, I was only passingly acquainted with such characters as Grand Admiral Thrawn or the Yuuzhan Vong. However, I don't think they could have been portrayed any more brilliantly than they were here. I now have an unrelenting crush on Thrawn (I can really feel for Roganda!) and all things Chiss!

The backstory that you provide as setup for the events in "Art of War" and "Storm" are also great. Roj Kell is an absolutely facinating character and you fleshed him out very well.

I myself am also a sucker for happy endings and really liked that everyone got someone/thing. However, I am still wondering: Will we get a follow-up on Thrawn and whether or not he was ever fully accepted by the Chiss again? And how did Al'than'urodo's training turn out? Did he ever become a Sith/Jedi? What happened to the Chiss Emperor and how did his meeting with the Empress turn out? Are the Yuuzhan Vong part of the Sith Empire and where did they settle finally?

I won't inudate you with all my questions, but these were at the forfront of my mind.

Please keep up the wonderful work. I will add you to my list of great authors and hope to continue reading more such facinating stories.

Sincerely, The Nubian Queen
Djuva chapter 44 . 8/21/2002
LOL! Thank you for all the reviwes! As for a sequel, maybe, maybe... ;)
Shezan chapter 40 . 8/20/2002
"Ja'han'mandana gave a low snort. "You were never humble, Syndic. Ambitious, head-strong, cunning, yes. But I find that your so-called 'exile' has failed to teach you humility."

ROFL! That's tellin' 'im!

I couldn't wait at Jedi Council, so I came here to read the rest! GREAT stuff!
Su chapter 43 . 8/14/2002
This is definitely the best Star Wars story I've read! It's just perfect :)
Arthorius chapter 43 . 8/13/2002
You have done very good work with this story, much better than some of those other non-fanfic Star Wars Authors.

Is there going to a sequel to this?

Thanks and keep writing...
Su chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
(This is the review for chapter 39; I've had a little accident before...)

The chapter is really good, and very interesting! I wonder what will happen with Thrawn now...

Great story! :)
Su chapter 39 . 8/10/2002
Thank you! :)
Su chapter 38 . 8/7/2002
Thank you for the nice chapter! :)

It is very interesting to see Luke and Nuron again, and see some of the chiss politics.

Great work!
Su Anonymous 2 chapter 37 . 8/6/2002
Excellent chapters! Very thilling :) And with cliffhanger... Please don't keep us wondering for long what will happen next :)

Great work!
Anonymous 2 chapter 35 . 7/26/2002
I know I've said this before, but it's absolutely good! I like the trap at Lounia very much. It's amazing the variety and creativity of the plot.

Please keep writing
Anonymous 2 chapter 33 . 7/14/2002
It is really good! The plot and the battles are simply great, and so are the people. I wish you a happy summer :)
Anonymous 2 chapter 30 . 6/14/2002
This story is so good! What has happened to Yana Dar and Roganda, by the way?

Great work :)