Reviews for The Twilight 25: The Sideshow
Legna989 chapter 4 . 1/19/2010
I like the way you touched on both blood and vampire eye color. Nice use of the prompt.

I also really like the idea of Edward's "rebellious" period being less impetuous teenage rebellion and more I-think-I'm-a-grown-up analysis and decision. Too bad that it doesn't completely teach Edward the lesson he needed to learn-that he doesn't always know best. He won't learn that until he leaves Bella.

I loved his snipe at Jay Gatsby. Oh, Edward. Your perfect vampire memory will one day rue that you ever had that thought.

Thank you for writing.
justsummerborn chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
Oh my Emm...!

"Her smile made it easy"

Adorable. :)
Dedii chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
I think that this chapter is really good and you really capture what Edward is thinking.
philadelphic chapter 4 . 1/15/2010
VERY nice.

this is particularly powerful, and I think it's one of the best things I've read in imagining Edward's rebellious period:

*My relationship with Carlisle was often laced with skepticism; I couldn’t help it. He was hundreds of years older than me, and yet it often seemed to me that I understood more about vampiric nature than he did. He persisted in acting human, thinking human, even eating human, with his inane comparisons to venison. I would have gone off on my own almost immediately except that, for all his weaknesses and quirks, he was a genuinely good man through and through. He didn’t lie, and he believed in everything he said. Esme hadn’t had any real doubts, not since she got over her anger at her failed suicide. There was never any question that she would follow Carlisle’s “vegetarian” lifestyle, especially now that they were married.

Human nature was a funny thing. I had only been a vampire for eight years, but already I felt as if my human thought processes were a thing of the distant past. I couldn’t identify with the boys at my school. Their thoughts revolved around girls and athletics and ...girls. The people in town were just as baffling, and sometimes disgusting or disturbing. I couldn’t remember having those thoughts.*

Perfect.
shasta53 chapter 4 . 1/15/2010
I really like your take here on how Edward convinces himself that this is a good idea. Very thought provoking.
Edlovesme chapter 4 . 1/15/2010
I always love to read things on what it wold have been like in Edwards rebellious days. thanks.
Legna989 chapter 3 . 1/14/2010
Jasper seems like the natural choice for "apathy," doesn't he? But what I really like about your take on it is that it ends with a little bit of hope for the reader-even if Jasper doesn't share that hope-because we know what awaits him in Philadelphia.

Very nicely done.
Edlovesme chapter 3 . 1/12/2010
awe a little jasper insight I love it.
daisy3853 chapter 3 . 1/12/2010
i love you and jasper. i really love the first two lines... and i love how i feel the emptiness you're writing about as i read it. you're awesome, thank you for writing. :)
ElleCC chapter 3 . 1/12/2010
"the satisfaction of his own emptiness" - that's... really insightful, I think. Only alone would he truly be able to get away from the mess around him.

Although I don't like to think about what happened in Philly ;), I do like the way those last two lines perfectly display his apathy and draw in the prompt. And that's it, right? That's what he would long for, I think - to be apathetic, to have the chance to feel *nothing*. What a strange existence it must be for him...

Thanks for writing and sharing this :)
LittleLea05 chapter 2 . 1/12/2010
loved it...Alice is one of my favorite characters and I loved how you portrayed her visions when she is first turned and doesnt know who she is...beautiful work cant wait to read more :)
Legna989 chapter 2 . 1/11/2010
I like this look at Alice just after her change. I've often thought about how disorienting it must have been for her, not remembering anything about her human life while having jarring visions absent any context.

I also think "Patience" is an apt prompt for Alice. As someone who can see the future, she'd have to learn to wait for it.

Thank you for writing.
philadelphic chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
I love it. It's spooky, and hopeful and dark, all swirled together. thank you.
Cahawbalily chapter 2 . 1/9/2010
Great job giving us a glimpse of early Alice!
susayq chapter 2 . 1/9/2010
I loved it! It's rare that I read anything from Alice's POV, especially Alice as a vamp. Thank you.

Susan