Reviews for A Glimpse Through the Masques
Michael S. Repton chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
That was sweet - very nice to get more character development and insight into the backstories. Just one small point, though; the title. Did you intend "masks" rather than "masques"? Would seem to fit better...
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Heh... very nice bonding moment between Natsuki and Shizuru. Great job. )
StarvingLunatic chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Okay, so here I am leaving a review that will beyond "this is so great!" It is a good story and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The first reason why I enjoyed it was because Shizuru lost her cool. It's nice to see the calm demeanor break away every so often. Of course, I like by the end of the story Shizuru and Natsuki are a step closer to each other than they had been at the start. Shizuru has a mighty big family, but I guess that makes sense if her parents were that into each other. It was great to learn more about both Shizuru and Natsuki. There's something...I dunno amusing (in a weird way) for Natsuki to be German and Japanese, but identify as English. It makes sense considering her circumstances, but it was just a detail that I rather liked. _ Nice story. On to the next one!
BermudaShortz chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
"Pass the sake," I said.

I couldn't think of a better way to end this side story...KUDOS!
Sorrow86 chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Short and nice.

Getting to know some of their past and see them bounding.

Fun to see Natsuki get a hissy fit and Shizuru being serious and dropping her mask a bit.
tygRrr chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Lovely! )

Always love to see Shizuru and Natsuki opening up a little heart-to-heart in a private setting, enlightening ~
Ascoeur chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Aww, this was so cute. I've read most of your detective stories. Dang, I suck at mysteries, but I still read them anyways, only to find myself going "Ohh, I get it now..." at the end xD!

Well, I'm still not sure if your detective fics are shiznat, but given Shizuru's and Natsuki's interactions, I'd be fine with them being just friends all the same!

Renkhal chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Well, I must say I'm disappointed in myself for only just realizing I didn't have you on author alert... Damn me... I missed so many interesting updates!

As for this, I'm so pleased to see that they are sharing with each other and developing more of a relationship, even if it's not quite beyond friendship as I'm sure most people are begging for it to become. However, you are sticking right to the "Sherlock and Watson" style, sort of. ]
Nykonyx chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
I see some of that ice has been chipped off.

How nice x]

It's absolutely heart warming to see that they are starting to share such secrets of themselves with each other.

:3 Hope they can have a heart-to-heart talk oneday... (which I'm sure will happen...)

Thanks!

-Akira
MissIzzyB chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Great interlude! They have such an interesting flow in this setting, it's just utterly fascinating to see them interact more, and discuss more private matters! Thank you a lot!
Salnar chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
This cartainly serves right as a stepping stone for ShizNat relationship. The depicted reasonings and emotion seem logical for me at least. It's refreshing to see something without too much drama.
lurk-a-lot chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
A charming little side story, love the interaction between Shizuru & Natsuki. Will you be writing any more side stories to your braided novel project?

Thanks for the great read. Cheers! _
Ahsirk chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Very nice. We get a little bit of insight about both Natsuki and Shizuru. I love their interactions. _
BioDragon chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
This is nice interaction for the two :)
kurakami chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
It's almost like watching a game of chess to see how Shizuru and Natsuki maneuver around one another. LOL on Natsuki in a kimono. Nice to see they are sharing a bit of confidence. Great sidestory!