Reviews for La Belle et La Bete
Guest chapter 7 . 7/27/2013
OH MY GOSH! What do u have to say for yourself? How could u not update in so long! You are an AWSOME writer.. Even though its against my nature.. *begs*...please update?
LovelyBones368 chapter 7 . 5/6/2013
Monsieur Lucifer, I read Beauty and the Beast, a story that grasped my attention. With great pleasured I read every word and ask of you to please add a new chapter, I truly wish to see the way this story will end.
YomiNabari
elderwolves chapter 7 . 11/4/2012
That feels almost like a cheat that you haven't updated in so long! This is an exceptional story and (being a little selfish here) I REALLY want to see more of it! A story this long should REALLY not be left alone too long. Consider this a beg, but PLEASE update! Please? For a sad little fangirl?
Grayanotoxin chapter 7 . 12/23/2011
It's really far too late to be up reading, but here I am. I'm in one of my Erik/Raoul moods again. I've stopped by to let you know that although I don't review every chapter of the stories you write, I do always read and appreciate them. It's strange to think it's been about six years since I stumbled across this particular fandom- which, for all practical purposes, you dominate, as you're the only one who can consistently make Erik/Raoul slash believable and not cheap.

So, thank you for six years of great writing. I'll be around for as long as you continue to write for us, though I'm horrible at reviewing. I hope this story stops giving you a hard time, because I'd love to see it continued; the supernatural element gives it such a unique and interesting edge.

Hoping you are well, and that many a plot bunny visit you this coming year. :)

- Z
karapuui chapter 7 . 10/22/2011
omg this is amazing! combining my favourite fairytale with POTO... genius!

i love your depictions of raoul, and your imagery, and teh way you write about erik!ghost!
Cyrano's Ghost chapter 7 . 5/20/2011
Hi:)

You write so wonderfully, you really bring the story to vivid life in my imagination.

I hope to read more soon.

Kind Regards,

~cg
Eminnis chapter 7 . 3/25/2011
*glare* You must update. Soon! Please!

Eminnis
Haru Kinome chapter 7 . 3/21/2011
(*grovels* I'm so so so sorry this is late D: Please forgive me for my inexcusable tardiness, and for this rather lackluster review.)

Good: It is fitting that the topic of this chapter is 'dreams', for the chapter itself flows a bit like one, in that the peculiar is presented in a way that mimics normalcy and the transitions between each section are smooth and subtle; even though the beginning of this chapter and the end are completely different in tone and subject matter, somehow, like in dreams, the progression seems very natural. The opening discussion of some of Raoul's dreams is warmed by sun-tinted memories of better times, and the lovely descriptions, which emphasize senses and emotions over specific events (that paragraph about sunrises was exquisite), melt the tone into one of soothing contentness, mirroring the peacefulness Raoul may have felt before he realized that he was in a boat. It reminds me of the dreamy limbo that is sleep, a prelude to imminent awakening. And the transition into wakefulness is wonderfully brilliant: the shift from his storybook-like memories to the less-than-ideal discomforts of reality is nearly inconspicuous (and I love how the shared detail of water ties the two segments together :D). The descriptions of fog and chill prompt the gray disorientation of Raoul's awakening and the sense of confusion and uncertainty that follows; that short interim before he finds Erik is a little like just waking up, when the mind is scrambling to make sense of the world and remind itself that the body is back in reality. And I'm reminded of that because of the detailed descriptions of the candelabras, as well. They weave a breathtaking sense of gothic magnificence and grandeur, recreating some of that black and red wonder and mystery that greeted Raoul when he first arrived at the opera house. And, like during that time, he is yet again right on the threshold of stepping into something both terrific and terrible. When Erik appears, all traces of the dream vanish: his presence erases the last haze of sleep. While the rest of this chapter seems faintly surreal, the way he is written is startlingly concrete (and, ironically, this is when Raoul starts insisting that he /must/ be dreaming). The descriptions, although still vivid, become shorter and more focused on movement, and the sound of Erik's voice is the only sense still stressed, which highlights the importance of voice as a theme in this fic (and I do so love the association between his voice and his music). And yet, this part still has vestiges of a dream glossed over it: in contrast to the rapid presentation of details in the last chapter, these new revelations about Erik are presented in a much more straightforward and casual manner. There's something familiar and comforting about this scene, much different from the dazzling fantasy and magic of previous chapters, a sense of normalcy coupled with the absence of anxiety, as Raoul pointed out. The relaxed approach to the end of this chapter perhaps draws even more attention to the significance of its events.

Then Raoul just woke up for real and gave me inspiration for the mess of stupid I just wrote XD

So thank you very much for writing another magnificent chapter _ It's brilliant, as always, and I very much like the graceful way things flow in it. And, as always, I'm intrigued and excited by the new information about Erik :D

Misc: I have to admit that I was amused as well by the title of this chapter :3 Also, quick question (and I'm sorry I have to ask this, but, well, you know how dumb I am), where's the part that was recycled from Eyes Need Not See? I think I know where it is, but I'd like to double-check myself, if you don't mind telling me. To be honest, Erik and Raoul's interaction scene reminded me a little of the first 'blood' drabble in Human Anatomy, just because Raoul is sitting in his chair listening to Erik play :3
whatevergirl chapter 7 . 3/17/2011
A dream? Ahh, but what an imagination Raoul has. I certainly am enjoying this! :)
Keyklee chapter 7 . 3/14/2011
I think you did a really great job at letting us into Raoul's past and especially at giving us an insight into his loss and despair.

(It's always a "Poor Raoul!" story in the end, isn't it?)

The way you merged his memories with his dreams and especially this one in particular is really awesome. (It seems so difficult to me to get that done, moving from (and connecting) one to the other without completely mixing them up, but still making the transitions so fluently that they're hardly noticable.)

I think you did really amazingly (and I think it's an awesome idea) with the change from ocean to lake and bed to boat. It feels so magical. I love that you included the candelabras. In a way they seem almost like a nod to the original story to me (even though they are more like the stage show ones than the ones from the movie) but somehow I still make the connection. I love their description.

I really liked the sense of wonder with which Raoul explores and moves forward, it's contagious for a reader, I think.

I also really liked that Raoul kind of realizes that this was a dream, it seems to add to the blurring of dream and reality that was so present in the fairy tale.

I love the interactions with Erik, the whole way you portrayed him I think. He seems even more unpredictable and ...complex than in the musical, though that almost seems to also make him even more intriguing.

I kind of like how self-conscious and easily embarassed Raoul is. It makes him even more likable to me I think, just like his honesty. The whole awkwardness of the situation and him never really knowing what to do or say or catching himself doing things he didn't mean to do is adorable to me.

I think you did really great too at giving us a feeling for the importance and meaningfulness of that meeting without turning it into a very obvious "This is going to be important later so don't forget!" scene, if that makes any sense.

I think it was a really great chapter, it was super intriguing and captivating and I believe it showed how great of a writer you are because you move between those different levels of perception as well as past and present so smoothly.

I'm really sorry the chapter gave you so much trouble though! But still, thanks a lot.

Oooh before I forget, when I read the names of the sisters I had to think of Audrey Tautou and her movies. I guess mainly when I read Amelie because I always connect that name with the movie, but when I then also read Mathilde I thought "hey, she's got a different movie called Mathilde out too!" so... yeah. I don't know if it was intentional or anything, I just thought it's a funny incident.
EnderGrievesForMe14 chapter 7 . 3/13/2011
Great chapter! It's probably one of my favorites now. It's been a while, but I'm glad you finally put up a new chapter. I absolutely love this. Great grammar, great description, and the characters are absolutely wonderful. . Thanks a lot!
ThatIsNotMyCow chapter 7 . 3/13/2011
:O It was a dream? Dammit! You have me intrigued, my dear, and I'm excited to see where you will go with this! And hopefully it will have more updates. In relatively reasonable time frames. Because only getting one email update every 5 months from one of your stories makes me sad :( Best of luck, keep writing!
Monsieur Opera Ghost chapter 7 . 3/12/2011
Amazing dream. Amazing fic!
tophis1 chapter 7 . 3/12/2011
WHOA! What an odd chapter!
Kandakicksass chapter 7 . 3/11/2011
This is a lovely update, and I thank you for it! I don't think I've read this one before, and I'm really quite impressed, just as I have been with all of your other stories. I cannot wait until you update again!

As always, I remain your obedient servant,

S.S.

(P.S. in case you're wondering, SS stands for "story stalker", as in, I stalk your stories :) See! I really do care!)