Reviews for The Prize in the Baby
johnsonolivia73 chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Bbforever chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Booth wouldn't have left her though..l
Soraya the All Speaker chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Awww that was cute!

I loved how you incorporated the whole case into the story. Very interesting and entertaining!
gyphsy chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
pretty cool. one thing i found funny was at the bottom of the page there was an ad for 'what your baby will look like.'
Palmer4President chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely loved this story! I could totally see Brennan being crazy enough to try and continue working, even as she's in labor. And all of the supporting characters were just so in-character. It was brilliant. Your Mr. Nigel-Murray was perfect. I could hear him in my head as I was reading the story. Fantastic job! I loved it!
bookish327 chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Such a fun story. I loved your characterization, dialogue, and style of writing. It was all very true to form from what we're used to re: the series. I liked that you worked so many of the regular characters into it, and they were all consistent with the ones we know. I could see Brennan deciding that she could control her situation to the point that she could put off giving birth until this case was mostly, if not completely, solved. I could also see her not wanting to give up any of her careers, despite the logic of needing to slow down some now that she'd be a mother, too. She'll probably realize that she needs to scale back SOMEWHAT once all the demands of her life are hitting her at once.

I do have one comment to make that I hope you won't take the wrong way. The only thing that I noticed that wasn't consistent with the TV series is that Brennan seems to be the one in charge and giving orders to everyone else from the lab, including Cam. I know that she has a great deal to say about how they handle cases, but it seems to me that Cam wouldn't really take well Brennan telling her what to do in the same way that she'd tell her interns what to do. Maybe I'm misreading the situation or just remembering it incorrectly, though. (It's after midnight right now, and I've been reading all day long, so it could just be me.) Again, I hope I didn't offend you here because I really, really enjoyed this fic and plan to read it again in the future.

Oh, a few more things that I enjoyed:

-the opening scene in which Booth calls Brennan every single applicable name in order to get her attention. It was entertaining, and it had me going for a minute when he addressed her as, "Mrs. Booth." Just as it happened in the story, he wouldn't drag out "the big guns" like that until all other possibilities had been exhausted. I could understand how much he'd hate being ignored, and I could see her doing that in order to finish what she's doing, despite his feeling that it was rude and disrespectful.

-Dr. Brennan being referred to as Booth's "baby mama" was priceless. It was so utterly lacking in decorum and respect to the formidable forensic anthropologist (despite its truth), and I loved it.

-I also loved how Brennan told Booth to go flirt with Caroline to give him a search warrant, despite not needing one yet for any reason at all. If I were her, I can't imagine telling my lover to go flirt with another woman, no matter how little actual amorous intent he might have for said female. However, it definitely worked, in terms of getting him out of the room and giving him something productive to do right then. Also, the idea of her amniotic fluid unnerving him was classic. :-)

Again, I really enjoyed this fic, and I will be checking out any other Bones fics that you've written. :-)
Amilyn chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
I really enjoyed this, especially the parade of visitors, the case, and the dialogue.
Jesse Falling chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Good stuff. Extremely enjoyable. And the characterization was fantastic! Thanks for writing it!
Ending-Daley chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
cute
Bonesinlove7 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Luv it! It is a very good fanfic :D
SHAD chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
I have only one word to say WOW! totally canon and hilarious
Olivia chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Aww that was so sweet! I loved it :D
Mesmerina chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Hey this was actually alrite! nice work. Lol the diapers
Bonesy Babe chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
This story was kind of long for a one shot but I liked it cause I'm a New Year's baby too. My Dad was just like Booth too...more worried about winning the year of diapers. LOL. But my mom felt bad for the other lady who had been in labor for 18 hours and let her win. Good story though.
Noie chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
This was such a great one-shot! I love how you worked in so much in one long chapter! I hope you have more inspiration for these!