Reviews for April 1811
AgiVega chapter 12 . 8/26/2010
This was nice, though I'm still waiting for some Laurence/Emily/Jane action. :P

As for that idiot you replied to - you should have simply deleted his review, as it was unsigned instead of dedicating a whole "chapter" to lashing out at him. Delete his review, and that's it. And don't worry about his idiocy, he has apparently not read the Temeraire books at all.
mq chapter 11 . 8/5/2010
awesome fanfic!
AgiVega chapter 11 . 7/8/2010
That was cool, though I didn't understand what you meant by this:

She gave him a look that said, I know you aren't.

What do you mean by 'I know you aren't'. He isn't what?

I hope in the next chapter we get to see Jane's ire. :D
AgiVega chapter 10 . 5/24/2010
Well, what a way to tell him! XD

Sorry for the delay in reviewing, I have just returned from a week long trip to England where I had no internet access.

Can't wait to read more about Laurence's reaction in the next chapter. :)
lunerwerewolf chapter 10 . 5/20/2010
awwooooo. you updated yay (runs in circle chasing own tail) update soon good chapter
Adm. J. Kirk McGill chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
So I've read, re-read, and memorized the entire Sharpe saga, so you had me hooked on that point. I just hope that Temeraire and Sharpe meet, so that Temeraire will pick up Sharpe's . . . unique . . . method for dealing with annoying/dangerous/evil fellow officers - to wit, killing them, after scaring the crap out of them. I think he and Temeraire would come to an agreement whereby Temeraire would accidentally squash a couple of Sharpe's enemies and Sharpe would shoot, strangle, or cut the throats of a few of his. As for your depiction of Wellington ... well the hook nosed bastard needed to lighten up anyway :)

Looking forward to the next chapter, and dare a hope for a series of grisly murders by dragon and rifleman?

Cheers,

Adm. Kirk
AgiVega chapter 9 . 4/1/2010
This is exactly what I needed - a good laugh! I loved the snickers of the aviators and the lights they set so that the tent would work like a projector screen. XD And the little runner boy's question was the best! Hahaha!

Now, I can't wait to see how Laurence and the others fare on the Allegiance. And I hope we soon get to see a scene in which Jane finds out about L/E. *rubs her hands in excitement*

Please, update soon - sooner than you did this time!

Oh, and just a suggestion: next time don't write paragraphs as extremely long as you did the last one in this chapter. It is very hard to read without enters here and there...
B-more Yenta chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Nicely done FF. Please continue.

Naomi Novik usually comes to Balticon and we buy directly from her. was our 2007 Compton Crook winner. Balticon will be May 28-31, 2010 but unfortunately the next Temeraire isn't scheduled to come out until July.
AgiVega chapter 8 . 2/23/2010
I really like Laurence's thoughts about Emily becoming a good mother some day. I hope she indeed will be a good mother to THEIR child. :)

Though I can't really imagine a brig having a door. To where does that door lead? Down to the hold? Does a brig have a hold at all? *scracthes head* I'm a little confused.
MystRuner chapter 7 . 2/11/2010
God I hate cliff hangers. Anyway. Yeah good series so far. Can't wait to see how it goes.
LittleHogwartsGirl chapter 7 . 2/11/2010
I actually think Laurence isn't being very nice, having sex with a girl only a few months older than me... But hey, keep writing!
AgiVega chapter 7 . 2/10/2010
Haha, I enjoyed the argument between L/Riley! And when Riley asked 'do you normally shag your subordinates in the aerial corps?', I laughed out loud. XD

And this line also gave me a hilarious mental image: "your quarters are directly below mine and good grief, my desk was vibrating across the floor at one point!" I imagined Riley trying to write a letter and his desk jumping away from under his quill! The look on his face was priceless, first his eyes bulged, then he rolled his eyes and slapped his forehead. XD

I wonder was it really Riley who started the relationship with Catherine? I think that never turned out from Empire of Ivory, but I always imagined Catherine to be the one who made the first step. ;)

I wonder now what that sailor wants with the ship when they must already be near Britain - they were sailing since November and it's May, right? So they must be close to Britain by now.

And the devil on both shoulders made me think of Kronk in Disney's The Emperor's New Groove. XD Have you seen that movie? It's pure awesome!

I hope we won't have to wait three weeks for another update! And I'll hold you to your word on posting a much longer chapter next time!
AgiVega chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
This chapter me laugh out loud. Temeraire and Iskierka - the little voyeurs! And poor McDermott! I expect L/E couldn't do much more than just kissing and petting, perhaps shed a few upper garments before they had to stop, am I right?
AgiVega chapter 4 . 1/11/2010
I'm a little surprised here, I thought Emily would be more subtle about first showing her feelings to Laurence. But she could of course still claim it on the rum or whatever alcoholic drink she had been drinking and be embarrassed about her straightforwardness once she is fully sober. I can also imagine Laurence being all awkward about this and avoiding her for a while (with the crew giggling behind their backs), and then her second attempt at approaching him happening in his cabin with no one else around. Yes, that would be plausible.

This seemed somewhat quick here. Sure, the Rolands were never subtle about anything, but... this is just a little too straightforward, if you get my meaning. But nice, though. :)

Oh, and I forgot to comment on something that I particularly liked in chapter 2. It was this line: "...he still couldn’t stand the terrible heat, particularly at a time of year which he associated with ice, blizzards and snow so deep you could drop a Winchester (albeit a small one) and not notice". HUGE LOL, very original line! :D
LittleHogwartsGirl chapter 4 . 1/11/2010
Hah, it's okay, though it would be nice to read anything NOT LaurEmily for a change xD