Reviews for Old Wounds
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
You pulled of the 100-word exactly thing nicely. I wouldn't have known that there was a specific limit had you not included it.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Wonderful, thank you.
Lilith Luciferia chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Short and beautiful; rather profound, also, despite its simplicity. I could continue, but it would be nothing you have not heard from me before. So once again, I shall simply say, excellent. (I've no doubt you are asked this quite often, but have you considered a career in creative writing?)
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I love love love this, and I would dearly love to see more Spock/McCoy comfortin' after what was doubtless a serious mental violation right there. You do this so well. Thank you for writing this!
Sarai chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Nice
BaiLiHua chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Absolutely beautiful.
Euphoracle chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
You should expand these drabbles. There's a great story or two lying in wait here. Very interesting piece. Thanks.
Edna Pests chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
"Then the mists clear, and he sees the ugly, twisted root of the unconscious desperation.

It is unmistakable terror." At that, I let out an audible "Aw!"

And the rest of it was all very sweet too! I'm glad we got a great conclusion to that 'Mirror' thingy.
reflekshun chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
This installation was a very good read.
bcbdrums chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
'tis spelled "melkotians" ;)

*writes her review as she's reading*

second most brilliant man, eh? oh, spock... *hears "you're so vain" begin playing in her head* XD

aw :( poor mccoy... it's ridiculous that that was never addressed on the show. i must admit, i haven't made up my mind on what mccoy feels regarding that situation. i'll have to rewatch that ep soon...

"Fear, in this case, is a logical condition of existence rather than emotion, and one he knows has lain too long festering." that is a brilliant line. and i must say, that drabble sounded so much like spock i could hear the whole thing in his voice.

lol, "blinks suspiciously" XD so would i.

very well done :) you managed to fill a canon gap and provide depth to a part of an ep that was sorely missing it in 400 words, and still made it into its own story. very well done!
sunshine chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I like the part with "the second most brilliant man aboard" (well, if I put aside I love it just every bit of it, and that goes for other stories too :D) because I think Spock refers to Kirk as the first one (being all Spock-like), but the reader can it also interpret as Spock is the one. Nice playing with thoughts :)

And good that you wrote about the aftermath of Mirror Mirror, that episode needed it (as much as some other episodes do).
Silvre Musgrave chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
"Spectre of the Gun" is an episode near and dear to my heart, much like Sherlock Holmes' "The Musgrave Ritual," probably because I think it was first episode of TOS I ever saw.

I didn't even think about McCoy being resistant to the meld, until you reminded me of "Mirror, Mirror."

Oh, how I love the trio.
J. ROOF chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Not a bad little tidbit!
Lemon Zinger chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Very touching and very good addition to that episode. I diffinently felt it ended too fast.

-LZ
Swiss Army Knife chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I think what I like most about your stories is that they are crafted, rather than being merely written. Just so well laid together, and in this case they wrench too.

Favorite bit: It takes every moment of those to project the earnest promise of /I would never harm you…Leonard/

Just, gah. Also, need for closer? Yes, just yes.