Reviews for Second Impressions
Madders Ahatter chapter 1 . 2/22
I love it! Even this early you capture the essence of the team dynamics.
I especially love:
"Somehow I have a feeling that military protocol might not be one of the languages that you speak, Doctor Jackson."
That's pretty accurate for Daniel, especially at this stage. And he IS a quick study, but it remains one of the languages he struggles with the most, I think.
Brava
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Liked this.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
I wholeheartadly agree with you, this is a misssing sequence. Jacks fondness for Daniel has always been very obvious as is his dislike for brownnosed creeps.
the stargate time traveller chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
slimy man, glad he left the show.
Loved the story, a good inbetweener.
Rat chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Great insight into Daniels first day back on Earth. I love his reasoning behind staying on abydos, great dialogue!
Monotufu chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
LOVE IT!
Harmne chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
This was really good, and I think it showed us a lot of what went on behind the scenes in the show - implied but not shown. I enjoyed getting the behind-the-scenes peek!
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
A good fic with Daniel blaming himself, trying to hold himself together in a military world where he doesn't understand the rules. Hammond is thrown in at the deep end, trying to make major decisions and get the measure of men he's just met while Jack is trying to find his feet again in the military and protect Daniel, the man who saved his physical body & his hope the year before. Highly charged and a great read!
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Great story! It's great to see how everyone came to an understand after Daniel came back at the start of the TV series.

I kinda wished the story continued a few paces and said what Hammond did with Samuel. lol

A really enjoyable read!
mamapranayama chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Wonderful story. I look forward to reading more from you. :D
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Perfect voice to the characters and great insight into the friendship between Jack and Daniel and Daniel and General Hammond. Well done.
k8ec chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Beautifully done! Fits seamlessly into the canon.

I don't think any of the characters were OOC, rather just in the process of feeling their way towards understanding of themselves and a very complicated situation. Loved it! :) K
Raine24 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Great story and interesting take on what could have happened.

Well done Nice scenes between Daniel and Jack & Daniel and Hammond. Ohh and Samuels what a lovely swarmy portrayal of him
Cleo the Muse chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Oh, nicely done. Even General George "Teddy Bear" Hammond couldn't go soft on a possible turncoat, no matter how sad his puppy-dog face was. Samuels is perfectly slimy, Jack is superbly protective, and Daniel is heart-breakingly lost and resolute, all at once.

Great job!

:) Cleo
JAJJAJ chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
What a fantastic take on Daniel's reception when he returned from Abydos. Of course the military would be suspicious enough of Daniel to throw him in a cell and interrogate him like an enemy. And the gradual change from mistrust to trust between Daniel and Hammond was perfectly done. Despite your warning, I don't think either of them (or anyone else) was out of character. Hammond was pure Hammond. Thanks.