Reviews for FUBAR
PolarLuv chapter 10 . 2/3/2013
Great story :)
Hummingbird2 chapter 10 . 1/22/2013
Wow, what a mess! Talk about 'whatever can go wrong, will go wrong' in spades. Very enjoyable, thank you!
Goldleaf83 chapter 10 . 8/5/2011
I like the sense of urgency and overwork you establish in this post-invasion story, showing the impact caused by the change in the tide of the war. Also Hogan’s assessment of Klink’s state of mind in Chapter 2 and the big fight with B&G in Chapter 7 is exceptionally good: very true to the character in the series, very realistic for the story you’re telling, and very plausible for the time period. Your citation of Klink’s morally suspect actions in the series of turning fellow countrymen over to the Gestapo, turning a blind eye to potential murder, or using unethical means of interrogation is a good reality check on a character we fans often regard with affection. (Though I’m not sure that Hogan would always come out smelling like a rose on such issues either. There is a war on….)

Garrett’s knitting is a funny touch.

I like how you keep the tension going through the grudge that Hogan and his men hold on how B&G treated him in “SNAFU,” but then you let them redeem themselves by finding Hogan outside the camp and when listening in on Klink and his guest. The hilarious climactic snafu certainly does suggest that communications between branches at headquarters is indeed FUBAR! And it’s nicely tempered with a dose of reality as the men are caught out in the consequences of still another mix-up. And finally, you have a nice conclusion showing the rapprochement Hogan reaches with his two uninvited guests.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
I liked the way Boswell and Garrett became more fully realized characters. They definitely deserve their own story. The idea of Garrett industriously knitting away in the tunnels is oddly endearing...and the way he worried about where his scarves were going to end up made me smile.
waikiki23 chapter 10 . 4/8/2010
OMG I think I loved this one better than SNAFU! I loved it! I hope you do another one with Boswell and Garrett.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
I believe the oil fields they were headed for were the ones in Ploesti, Romania, but they didn't quite make it there.
konarciq chapter 10 . 2/25/2010
I know its been over a too long period that Ive read this (dont recall all the details from the earlier chapters), but altogether the story leaves me rather "unsatisfied". Perhaps thats the whole idea of this FUBAR, but there are so many questions left! Personally, when they went out to meet that contact, I sort of expected that theyd find out afterwards that they were to meet each other or something like that.

No. Okay story, but no more than that. I definitely prefer SNAFU!
konarciq chapter 9 . 2/25/2010
Finally catching up.

"I'm going back to bed. Don't bother me unless Eisenhower is on the phone."

LOL
Jennaya chapter 10 . 2/18/2010
Another great story comes to an end. Glad they left on good terms. Have to wonder if they'll show up in another story ... hint hint :)
bugaloos chapter 10 . 2/18/2010
Aw, it's over? I guess all good things have to come to an end. :D I'm glad that Hogan and the two agents are getting along, and Garrett and Boswell were finally able to leave. Like the previous reviewers, I loved that scene where Hogan brought all those knitted goods into Klink's office; I could just see Klink's expression! LOL I liked that Hogan offered those things for the orphanage, and I especially liked how he bartered with Klink; I could hear that conversation in my head.

You did a great job with this story; I enjoyed it very much! Thanks for sharing it with us!
ornitholestes chapter 10 . 2/17/2010
The story is over, but what a great end!

The agents consider, now, Hogan a friend.

And Hogan feels likewise; how nice to see,

The three men bear no animosity.

The scene in Klink’s office; I laughed with a roar!

The image of Hogan in front of the door,

With an armload of afghans and wool winter wear,

That he dropped on Klink’s desk, and then left them all there!

Klink’s face I could see; thinking something amiss,

Yelling,

“Hogan, what is the meaning of this?”

So funny! My favorite! That was the best.

But, make no mistake; I loved all the rest!

A wonderful story and very well done.

I’m happy you wrote it; I thought it great fun!
ColHogan chapter 10 . 2/17/2010
Sorry to see it end. Once again two sides not talking to each other. Glad to see Hogan, Boswell and Garrett now getting along so well as I think each has developed a respect for the other and what they actually do. Also glad to see Hogan give the agents his radio frequency and code so in the future he'll know it's them. LOL at Hogan entering Klink's office carrying hats, scarves, afghans, etc. Somebody had plenty of time on their hands. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Great job.
ornitholestes chapter 9 . 2/16/2010
This story is great! And poor Hogan, I think,

He and those agents had too much to drink!

Poor Garrett was injured - I felt bad for him.

I gasped when I thought his chances were slim!

But the men dug them out, and now they're okay.

They're going to have headaches the rest of the day!

I love your humor; your style works, too.

This sequel is perfect to follow SNAFU!
Jennaya chapter 9 . 2/15/2010
Whew, glad the whiskey was there for "medicinal" purposes. LOL They did work well together, and in those circumstances I would expect them too.

Now if only London's intelligence can work together.
Bits And Pieces chapter 9 . 2/14/2010
Poor Hogan, hangovers are no fun! LOL I can't blame them; though... liquor does tend to warm a person up. They just got a little carried away. :D (The conversation about the bar of chocolate was my favorite part!) ROTFL!

Glad the guys found Hogan and the agents; although I'm sure Hogan's not going to be thrilled that Boswell and Garrett can't leave right away. I just hope they don't get themselves (or Hogan) into any more trouble!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »