Reviews for Contradictions
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Came here for the Glee stories and got impatient and started on some of your old stuff. I tend to be negligent at reviewing but wanted you to know that I read and appreciated this and I'll probably go through your Joss verse stuff at minimum to tide me over on my wait ;)
carlycarter chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Really great piece of writing. Love the insights into all the characters and especially the way you get into River's head. The final sentence is also powerful, perfect way to end. Thoroughly enjoyed reading from start to finish, thanks so much for posting.
foxylittlelady chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
This is nice. I never looked to far into their names and personalities, but you really hit home with this. All their faults and virtues fit perfectly into their names, but at the same time done. And then you threw in their personalities into a nice mix. - Love it.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
I enjoyed it enough to add to a rather short list of faves, Professor. A beautiful River-speak piece which nevertheless lets you understand her thoughts perfectly, without any guesswork. You've navigated the twisted paths in her mind with confidence, and taken us all along, adding depth and empathy to all the crew in a very short and compact fic. Thank you.
FinaleUltimacian chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
very nice. well thought out and well worded.
Troub95 chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
I love River's analysis of the crew and herself; you hit the nail on the head. Great writing, great flow, great story!
RionaEire chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Nice story, I particularly liked the Wash part, the Zoe part and the Mal part. I like stories where River reflects on her crewmates and who they are and who they aren't. Interesting way of going about it here, with names and charactoristics, and you did well at making Kaylee's part work, even though I think Kaylee is a good name for her and is not controdictory, you solved that problem admirably. You have interesting theories about River's attempts at "fixing" the Bible and pulling the labels off the cans. I'm sorry that River is feeling so discontent here, all those controdictions are hard for her I know. The end, including the ship herself in the named controdictions, was effective. I liked the biblical reference to Simeon and Dinah, well placed and interesting to draw comparisons there.

Riona
Liana-chan chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Wow. That was just beautiful. I haven't read a good Firefly fic in a long time, so thank you for this. It was very nicely done.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Mind expanding and mind blowing at the same time.

Sorry for such a short review, but my mind is still digesting this rich meal.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
That was incredible insight of River's view of the crew and herself. I especially liked associations from Bible. River and Bible never mixed well.
casedeputy chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Speechless. A very good look into River's head. Also the parts with changing the bible, because of Simon's name is really good. So was River's introspection of herself and everyone else. I'm so glad you finished it, it was so good I had to wait a minute to review.