Reviews for Watercolor World
St. Harridan chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I love it! Very insightful and bittersweet. It shows Yachiru's innocence and Kenpachi's weathered experience in the featured subject very clearly.
Seinakyou chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This is really awesome, but Im confused - whos speaking when the italics are up? I cannot tell! Agh!

Anyways, this is masterfull. It makes all these characters so much more lovable. And awesome.

But it's creepy too, so a perfect balance.

Seina
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
poignant.

4/5
young dawn chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
My gosh, this was brilliant. It makes you wonder what's really going on inside little Yachiru's head. But you gave us a good image alongside real world happenings. That last bit with Kenpachi brings it full circle. You show us just how innocent she truly is, living in her own little world. Outstanding story. You have such talent. Thanks for the great read.

Always,

Sora(:
Keltena chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
This is fantastic, really. The opening sentence sets the stage nicely, and the simple, plain style of writing reflects Yachiru's world in a lovely way, both in the happy parts and the darker, italicized sections. That's probably my favorite thing about this story.

The ending is heartrending as well. I'm glad to see a serious story about these two - they're funny, quirky, and happy, but there's always something beneath the surface, and you've explored it very well.
Moruni Takanara chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
aw this is adorable, i really like it. This is Yachiru but at the same time not yachiru. I think, personally, that Yachi-Chan knows alot more then she puts out, but then again i could be wrong and she could just be so adorably ignorant - keep writing.
shawni chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
That was lovely. I loved the contrast between the real versus her rose-colored view. But most of all, I think I loved the end the most. Thank you. :]
Kimsa Ki-Lurria chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Wow. That was incredibly good. Disturbing and short...but very, very good. To me, fics like these are what real horror one-shots should be like. Disorienting. (Especially when she licked the blood off her hand. That was...woah)

It makes you wonder...how DOES Yachiru live in her world?

The last bit with Zaraki just adds a sense of tragic loss of innocence to the whole story. Very sad, that he has no choice but to wait and watch for the day she "opens her eyes."

This was excellent - hope you write more like it.

-Kimsa
mayfaire chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I think Kenpachi and Yachiru has the best tandem as captain and lieutenant in Gotei 13; I love the 11th squad too. It's nice to see a good fic with Yachiru's POV on the war and her growing up in Seireitei. Hope you write more (esp. Byakuya/Ichigo). :)
Piper Julian chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Absolutely incredible! I really enjoyed it and I love the depth to this story. The ending was superb!
Fireabovefirebelow chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I love this story. I thought it was a little heavy at times but it's really nicely done:)kekeke
JustGrace13 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Aww Beautifully sad. Very well-written as well Keep writing!
TheInflictedFinger chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
The psychological play in this fic is breathtaking... And the little flashbacks and the way you mix innocence with all of the carnage and colors... It's twisted but in a good way, and I've never read a fic where Yachiru was described like this instead of all innocence and ignorance, but actually knowledge just hidden away behind a mental wall to protect hersef... It's really a beautiful fic.
Beastly Rose chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Oh my gosh that is so sad! It was very good though and it makes sense she would see the world like that. Five stars.
SithKnight-Galen chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Talk about introspective. Makes you wonder whether that is how Yachiru really goes thru life, or if that is what she tells herself to keep her sanity in check in light of the reality that she has to deal with. It is amazing to see the depths that everyone around her will go thru to protect her innocence for one more day, and the extremes that Kenpachi really does care for his daughter in every sense of the word, unlike, say Kurotsuchi.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »