Reviews for Dance at the Beginning
augus10 chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Another amazing, wonderful, beautiful written story. I can't say it enough your writing is superb.
bluhr chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Cute and well written! I think you've written Eric's inner monologue very convincingly.
Liphuggers chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Really great story, it was just absolutly wonderful. I hope 'This Womens work' is coming along well and can't wait to read it. This story made me think a lot about Eric and Calleigh's relationship over the years. I hope you do more one-shots in the near future.
MightyMiaBoo chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Beautifully written! I really enjoyed how you described the evolution of Eric and Calleigh's relationship ... the subtle nuances, meaningful looks, facial expressions, etc., revealed the love that always simmered beneath the surface. Terrific job!
Marija Magdalena chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Wow, this was really good. Sorry for not reading and reviewing earlier, life has been a bit crazy. I really enjoyed this. You are good at this one shot thing, you should do it more often. ;) Of course, I can't wait for the update of TWW, but this was really good, too. I loved it.
Mariia10 chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Wow, this was really good! I really loved how you wrote what the two of them were feeling when they looked toward each other, and also how you detailed it, it was really amazing!

I really loved this:

"Eric stopped in his tracks, staring at her small back. "But I'm not a CSI."

He watched her release a deep breath, before turning to him. Her expression was all of a sudden, different. Her eyes were larger, her cheeks, pinker. And when she spoke, her voice was softer. "You could be."

I really liked how you wrote that! It was really great! And I also loved the scene with Eric and Horatio when he told Eric about how he could get work there. And also how Calleigh suddenly was just there. It was amazing.

I certainly hope you'll update "This Woman's Work" soon! Well.. as soon as you can! It sucks that you lost all your work. I really hope you'll get everything under control.
CSIMNCISMentalistCastleBones chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
aw lov it!
CarolinaDawn chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
First let me say, I woke up to an alert in my inbox and started reading as I was getting ready for work, and then I had to WRENCH myself away from it so that I wouldn't be late for work! Still left the house 10 minutes late but good thing traffic was light this morning.

There is so much about this story that I absolutely love, but I think above all, I love how you weaved in the little nuances that told how they've loved each other from the beginning...

- like this:

"Did you freeze up?" She called out to him. And upon hearing that sweet southern twang, his knees had weakened just a little. It was a weakness he never thought he'd had. ... Her voice was high, but drolling with that southern lilt and it immediately flicked a switch in him that had him wanting to hear it again and again. ... he was certain she noticed the goofy smile that spread out around his mouth-piece

- and this:

She met his eyes suddenly and they shared a look that could have meant anything, back then. Little did he know how heavy fleeting glances like that would one day become.

- and this:

"Yeah," She grinned cheerfully and Eric thought he could watch her do that for the rest of his life.

- and this:

Friendship seemed easier after that. They built upon the cobblestones of shared experiences and they formed a bond that made it easy to laugh over a beer but harder to look each other in the eye without seeing too much.

- and this:

He smiled during the day and listened intently to her excited ramblings, all the while wishing to go home and scream into a pillow like his sisters used to do when their high-school boyfriends shattered their dreams of a white-picket fence future. ... Suddenly, he stopped being the jealous guy that wanted what another man had within his stupid, arrogant grasp and he became the embittered best-friend who had the shovels ready in the back of his car, ready to dig whenever she gave him the heads up. (I loved the image of Eric taking Hagen out with a shovel for his condescending & arrogant ways)

And Speedle... I love that you included him, and how he knew that Eric was in love with her. But even more, I love that Eric acknowledged what Speed knew, and also acknowledged that then wasn't the right time, that he wasn't ready to settle down with the "forever girl".

I also love this part, how he realized that she KNEW he was in love with her & he could tell from her actions that she felt something for him too:

...it was only a matter of time before he cracked.

And when he did, the surprise that he received in return was more than he'd ever bargained for.

She'd known. ... For a split second, he'd loathed her, but then he'd seen the way her bottom lip was shaking, how she rubbed her palms together because they were sweating and he'd realised that there was something else there and the hate – that could never have really been tangible – had drifted away on the warm Miami tide. He didn't know what it was, but admitting to him that she'd known had made her more nervous than the idea of shaking down a suspect

And as a follow up to that, this:

Eric finally realised that for seven years, he'd been the bastard he'd never intended to be.

She had been waiting.

There she was, telling Jake that she couldn't wait for a man that couldn't love her enough and he felt both pride and resentment for the fact that that was exactly what she'd been doing for him.

You did a FANTASTIC job of telling the evolution of Eric & Calleigh's relationship, how they fell in love, how each felt at each stage as time went on, each roadblock that went up & then came crashing down. WELL DONE!
AriesLatina chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Your story was absolutely fantastic! :) I couldn't stop reading it! I really enjoyed how you progressed from the very beginning in such a detailed way! It was just awesome :)
nsynckal chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
That was so good. You know I love everything you write. Keep it up!
DENSI.ItsaLoveStory chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
wow...you always know how to write the perfect E&C fic... and i know that i'm being repetitive but like i said before i'm in lack of adjectives to use to describe how amazing is your fics... this is another prove of how it is... love it...

My fav is definitelly:

"O," She pursed her lips in the shape of a pronounced 'O' and he set his eyes on them. "spicy combo. I like it. So,"

this is my fav and Calleigh is so true here... he's definitelly a SPICY COMBO and who woudn't like it?

Anyway, amazing... oh and about TWW i'm waiting excited for an update but you already know that..LOL... love it! love ya!
xXCeruliaXx chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
wow, now i wish that this was what had really happened on csi miami. i love the cute little fluffy hiphugger moments and all the angsty little ones too

anyways, great story