Reviews for All That Shimmers
LaylanatorXVII chapter 1 . 4/3
Wow, you wrote Holmes and Watson so well. "A heart, you say?" *snickers*
Loved this. Especially since it means I wasn't the only one going "What the-?" when John shows up hale and hearty for the fight. Of course, I immediately dismissed it in favor of fangirling over the beautiful, wonderful bromance...I feel no shame. :-)
PS I haven't read the books either. (-:
Thanks for writing!
Sincerely,
LaylanatorXVII
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
This reads wonderfully and makes me pleased that I know so many big words. Ah, these movies. Very awesome!
Samu chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Very nice! I had also wondered how Watson recovered so fast, but that's movies for you. I enjoyed your take on Holmes and Watson's relationship. Very touching and moving. I also like how you slipped in some references to the books.
Ryla chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
I think you did an awesome job and accurate characterization too. Thanks for your hard work! I like it :D
Holmes' Girl chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
My friend read this story and told me to read it too.

I agree with her. Ur writing and your characterization of Holmes and Watson are VERY canonical. If it wasn't for the references to the movie, I could have sworn this story and these characterizations come from the books. You did write this like a middle aged man, which is a good thing for a writer & shows skill and ability.

You say u are a new fan and have seen only the movie? How did u get such a deep understanding of the characters and of SH universe? You must be a very intelligent person.

U surely have to keep writing Sherlock Holmes stories. :)
Vron chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Well, I never thought Holmes was the type of man to judge a person by her name. I'm glad he began to change his mind about Mary near the end of the story. Mary is a nice person. (Read The Sign of Four?) Holmes should give her a chance. He'll find out she is worth it.

This was a lovely piece. I especially loved the part about Holmes reading The Study in Scarlet to Watson and how Watson was quite comfortable with the idea of someone reading to him while Holmes found it uncomfortable at first. It was so cute and very in character for both of them.

I immensely enjoy pieces that hint at Holmes and Watson friendship without making it too angsty or slash. Yours was definitely one of such pieces, and a good one too. :)
xxClosed Accountxx chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
This was very well written. And you haven't read the books? But your characters and your prose sounded very much canonical. Yes they did.

If an explosion scene form the new movie can lead you to write such a perfect, clever piece, you'll be able to do marvels getting inspired by the books. Sir Conan Doyle's stories are full of plot holes, which can be actually inspiring to fans. I'm sure you can make a very good canonical Sherlock Holmes fanfic writer filling all those plot holes.

You did a brilliant job with this piece. Keep up the great work!
Stormcloud22 chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
You have a right to be proud of this story! From reading this, I can't believe you haven't read the books. You have Doyle's writing style down so well, and your Holmes and Watson are so IC. You have their friendship exactly right, always teasing but knowing the other one cares. It fits with both the books and the movie in terms of their personalities. I hope to see more of your writing in this fandom soon!
niver chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Very very good!
Rachel chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Excellent. The whole thing definetly stank of Holmes. You write just as well in first person as you do in third.
Hover chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
This was lovely! I found your writing style perfectly suited for Holmes' voice, and your portrayal of him was both believable and endearing. I hope you'll dabble in this fandom again!
nannon chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
really love this.
00000909000000 chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Good Job! I liked reading from Holmes's perspective. I hope you write more for this movie. Thanks for posting!
OneDarkandStormyNight chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
You have Holmes' voice so in-character! You certainly should be very proud of this fic, and I am adding it to my favorites and my C2 right away! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!
Kadigan chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Adorable, introspective, and with a delightful edge of character arc (Holmes coming to tolerate Mary). I like it, and you're justified to as well!