Reviews for Goodnight, Noises Everywhere
Renee Aubin chapter 4 . 12/3/2021
Very good line:
‘I played a movie in my head, a montage of my last few months, of all the things I had done that I hadn't believed myself capable of…’

You really explore how being unable to die becomes more of a sentence than a blessing.
Renee Aubin chapter 3 . 12/3/2021
So well imagined:
‘It was after the calendar ran out of days and my thoughts grew sluggish and strange, that I dreamed I had forgotten how to speak, was devolving, turning back into a primate.’

What an entrance:
‘He—it—whatever—was beautiful, like an angel fallen from heaven. … I looked up to the skies to figure out how he'd gotten here. I gazed above me and murmured, "Where did you come from?"’

And it turns out he really had come looking for her!
Renee Aubin chapter 2 . 12/3/2021
Shiver:
‘Within the month, Denver was gone.
No one talked about it. After the initial hysteria, we pretended nothing had happened, that Denver had just been a fairy tale, an imaginary place. The TV in our home grew dusty, neglected, as Charlie and I dared not turn on the news.’

Good twist on Jacob spilling the beans re what the Quileute know.

‘Was I imagining it, or was the sun was fading a little bit more every day? Was it not as warm on my cheek as the sun of my youth?’
Creepy. And yet, without tracking season changes, without being sure what month it is, how would you be sure?

Quite an idea, that every morning she would reread the last paper that had been delivered. She seems to be doing whatever she can to maintain “normal”.
Renee Aubin chapter 1 . 12/3/2021
Of course I have heard this story recommended may times over the (11!) years. I don’t normally tackle post-apocalyptic themes, but considering the number of reviews it got, I figured I might be missing something. And oh my God was I ever! One of the most original ideas EVER for these characters, beautifully executed, and it kept me on the edge of my seat in every chapter.

This chapter is a skillful evocation of the sweetness of everything she’s lost. She was so brave sending Charlie off.

And having read all of it, her complaints about the sun certain produce a chill! Holy crap, even the bugs are gone.

Favorite lines:
‘He had died only once. Death was just one small part of this bed. I tried to remember all the nights he was alive, sleeping here, and I could hear the blood rushing in my ears from the vacuum of sound all around me.’
Nabookie chapter 7 . 5/6/2021
Dang you are like an Oracle; a telepath, envisioning this and the pandemic we’re in. Lol
Click57 chapter 25 . 2/22/2021
Oh wow! You made Bella’s emotions come to life - despair/hope/joy/love. The feeling of peace that she could choose how she died. And the her final choice -so different than what she had originally planned , but still HER choice. I hope that the heat was enough to destroy Edward too.
Thank you for persevering and completing this story. It reverberates even 10 yrs later as we push through a real-life pandemic and severe climate change.
Lizzie Paige chapter 25 . 2/19/2021
Oh my! Crying, crying. I couldn’t stop reading this. :)
Lizzie Paige chapter 20 . 2/19/2021
Their own little bit of magic.
Lizzie Paige chapter 19 . 2/19/2021
I can’t believe he stayed away so long.
Lizzie Paige chapter 18 . 2/19/2021
I’m worried he won’t make it back.
Lizzie Paige chapter 16 . 2/19/2021