Reviews for The Father Who Wasn't
nouch chapter 2 . 3/29
Thanks a lot for this story :) I really like it !
ripper34 chapter 2 . 12/27/2014
Good story
jupimako chapter 2 . 8/12/2014
Happiness is a gift indeed.
Aureleis chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
Beautiful. Creative, interesting, and very well written. Thanks for sharing this gem of a story.
insomniareader chapter 2 . 2/16/2013
Oh jeeze, you are a horrible person. Brilliant Writer. Horrible Person. You made me cry without someone dying. That rarely happens. Needless to say, I loved it.
ReillyScarecrowRocks chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
this was really good

i think Dudley's explanation could have easily gone wrong but you wrote it really well, well enough to make me understand exactly what everyone was thinking and why they made their decisions

:D
Yuval25 chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
It was so sad! I liked the story, though, it was really good.
Espied7 chapter 2 . 11/16/2011
Awwwww.
Sakura to Hoshi chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Goodness... I'm at a loss, here. Most fics out there with Dudley as one of the main characters either portrays him as a matured man wanting to fix things or as a friend to our favorite Potter protagonist. But, I think you were very realistic with Dudley's actions. He's a person who has been raised to shun everything his cousin represented, and that still lingered on his mind even after his cousin saved him from death. And to know that an illegitimate child of his ended up being like Harry... Well, the situation spoke for itself, but I have to applaud you on the fact that you made everything sing instead of speak. He has that lingering guilt, just like any parent who ever gave up their child for whatever reason. They'll wonder about what could have happened and what would have really happened, but if they truly care for their kid, they'll only want the child's happiness. And, Dudley was able to give James the best thing he could by giving him up to Harry and Draco. Just like you wrote, Jamie flourished under the loving care of people who understood him and didn't think of him differently just because of his biological heritage. I'm glad that Dudley made that decision. It was hard for him, and I was also surprised (and rather pleased) that Vernon was also affected so strongly by this. Though it was also his fault, he still cared, and like Dudley, he only wanted the best for Jamie. And, in the end, they can just move on, even though they might never forget just what was lost, though it wasn't lost for nothing. So, I have to say that you totally amazed me with this. Well, really, it was BEYOND amazing. It was just... Gosh. You're hella talented. Thank you very much for such a delightful treat.

On another note, I totally loved Draco in this. He got to be the secret nice guy by acting like a smug bastard, something that only Draco freaking Malfoy could achieve because he's so awesome in his own special way. o The slash factor also made me smile~
TangerineTea chapter 2 . 8/1/2011
God. That's...that's powerful. You handled it with wonderful sensitivity and compassion. I commend you.
LavenderSpice chapter 2 . 6/24/2011
Sweet, sad, raw, and a new insight into Dudley that I like. Wonderful job

~LavS
Guest chapter 2 . 5/30/2011
Oh, that was so SAD! D:

I think I'm going to cry . . .

Extremely well written.

Thank you.
CeilingFan chapter 2 . 4/4/2011
Sweet! And, I don't know, classy? It was an interesting take on the Dursley family dynamics, and a little heartbreaking, too.
bookworm19065 chapter 2 . 3/24/2011
A sad but beautifully written story. I like it a lot!
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Wow. I mean, wow. I'm glad you didn't have them require James back; I'm glad you just gave us snapshots. Great fic. Really powerful.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »