Reviews for Unexpected Encounters
Great! Simply great!
Priya Ashok chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
Good story. Thank you.
Ka-ris Taosgare chapter 6 . 6/13/2014
I really liked ths story, although, I HAVE to admit, that girl Dudley met in his dorm. I had the image of her initials being HJG, and her being there by cance as she had decided to finish her education before getting marryed to ron.
nayin17 chapter 6 . 11/30/2013
Loved your dudley
EmptySurface chapter 6 . 9/15/2013
This is very well written! I really enjoyed to read this story. There were a few things I missed, like Teddy. But that's easily explained by your description. Other than that, I think you made an admirable job of guessing how things would go. I really liked this. Thank you for sharing!
ilovebooks1111 chapter 6 . 8/4/2013
Wow! Really amazing writing, perfect language...and almost completely canon except for the part about harry's kids...keep it up!
reesessweetie chapter 6 . 6/8/2013
i'm really glad i found your story!

the harry potter series never really told us about what became of dudley and his parents. reading this kind of gave me that closure, gave me the ending that i always wanted.

thanks you so much for this. i had a really great time reading about this dudley and the changes he made in his life. it makes me so sad to see his guilt when he finally realized how poorly they treated harry. but what's important is that he finally did see it in the end, and that he took the steps to change. i'm actually really proud of him that he was able to do so. it can't be easy to completely change the way he did.

i'm so glad that he has harry in his life now. harry is such a sweet boy, and so forgiving. i love reading about how happy harry is now. he deserves all the happiness in the world.

reading this just made me remember how much i love harry potter. but it's also making me yearn to read more fantastic HP fanfics as this one. ones that are so well written with a very nice, sweet storyline. can't wait to see what else i'll find :)
hootowl chapter 6 . 3/6/2013
i do like these harry and dudley reconciling stories. thanks for providing the read!
Rheastar chapter 6 . 1/28/2013
Lovely story. I'm glad you decided to do it. People rarely try and focus on Harry's family as anything other than the villains. They forget that Dudley was a child too and only acted on his parents example. What if he could have changed? I really enjoyed your take!
Meggplant chapter 6 . 1/28/2013
Thank you thank you thank you!
Oh my gosh, this is amazing, seriously. I've always felt a sort of... unfinished business about Dudley in canon; he's got so many problems, but it really seems like at the end there he was starting to lift his head up out of the cloud of his parents, you know?
But this! Brilliant! I adore learning how others see Dudley's growing up, and whether or not he can ever have a relationship with Harry again.
Thanks so much for posting this, it's brilliant!
Cheers,
xoxox
Mickey chapter 6 . 1/6/2013
I loved it
64teeth chapter 6 . 10/5/2012
beautiful story! showing in-depth Dudley's character and his transformation from spoiled child to respected adult

loved it!:)
PurpleReader29 chapter 6 . 9/25/2012
This is such a sweet and original story. Dudley's transformation was totally believable. Thanks so much for a wonderful story!
lensman chapter 6 . 7/5/2012
Great story. I enjoyed this very much as I like Harry and Dudley post Hogwarts stories.

Thanks for the read.
TrisakAminawn chapter 5 . 3/4/2012
Hmm. Mind you, Mrs. Weasley does have a tendency to be a bully when she thinks she knows best, and wizarding culture is actually horribly dysfunctional and more or less defined at every level by abuses of power, and I /never/ blamed the Dursleys for hating magic, really, since it only brought them grief. For being morons and bullies and abusing Harry, yes, but for their resentment, no, and the fact that all Dudley's worst memories were related to magic getting him is worth noting, not just laughing about. That is is laughing about it in this chapter read as some serious self-hatred, although the way you delivered the laughter made it sound over-sincere, like Vernon trying to distract Marge or charm his clients in books three and four with huge, false joviality.

That Arthur Weasley manages to be an avid fan of Muggle tech, have a job relating to Muggles and their stuff, and still be so totally ignorant always seemed to me to count against him as a person. It was like it never occurred to him that he could walk down any street in Britain that wasn't in Hogsmeade or the Diagon Alley complex and look at Muggles.

Of course, I conceived a personal dislike of the wizarding world during the Quidditch Cup, with what the serial Obliviations did to that poor groundskeeper's head even before the Death Eaters got involved. I mean, this is the book where we established that /one/ powerful Obliviation more or less ruined Berth Jorkins' life, and they go slapping them on any Muggle who sees anything like band-aids. I felt that the adults' role in leading Harry to accept that as a given of being wizards, that ability and /duty/ to toy with lesser mortals, as reprehensible in its own way as the Dursley's leading Dudley to believe that the way they raised The Boy was acceptable. Except these were the /good guys/, the tolerant ones who pass bills for Muggle protection. The Dursleys were "the worst sort of Muggles."

And Hogwarts is such a trade school. Harry can kill Dudley a hundred ways without breaking a sweat, but after four years at university Dudley is better /educated/ than Harry. Heh.