Reviews for Beautiful Disaster
stephm chapter 11 . 6/15/2010
update. i like the story so far.
luthien587 chapter 11 . 6/7/2010
Yay, the chains are off! Thanks again for pushing through and getting us two chapters this week.

I'm really starting to like Aleeria as a character. She's not a delicate flower who faints every five seconds, nor is she an all-powerful vampire/lycan/witch/etc. who has superhuman strength and a boatload of magical powers. She's a mortal trying to survive in an immortal world and she does it by using her wits and by realizing her own limitations. She's very clever, always seeing the hidden tests behind her mistresses commands. I love how she can hold her own in her exchanges with Sabas, yet she is still vulnerable in her inexperience. I think that both Sabas and Aleeria have learned what it takes to survive in this world and could continue to do so without each other. But, I think that they need each other as a means of balancing the scales between just surviving and actually living. Sabas needs Aleeria to give him back some of his humanity, and Aleeria needs Sabas to show her that she is more than a weak and insignificant mortal. I don't know if this is what you're trying to convey in your story, but this is what it means to me. Hope that made sense ;)

I am so getting into your story. When the chains come off and Sabas jumps down onto the floor and Aleeria is reminded that he is in fact not human I felt a little jolt of excitement/fear, as I imagine Aleeria did, I love it when I read stories that get me so involved :) And I have to tell you that it makes me chuckle everytime you refer to Sabas' "furless tail", I've heard it called a lot of things, but never that. I'm not making fun, just commending you on your unique play on words ;)

Once again, this was such a great chapter and I commend you on really pacing yourself with this story and taking the time to make it truly great. I've puzzled over the meaning of the title of this chapter, and I just can't seem to figure it out. If someone doesn't guess it you'll have to promise to explain the meaning or else I might drive myself crazy trying to figure it out, lol. Looking forward to the next update, take all the time you need though. In the mean time I'll start on your POTC fic. As always, well done and happy writing!
luthien587 chapter 10 . 6/7/2010
Woohoo! Two chapters! Thanks for going the extra mile this week, I think this will easily hold your readers until you're able to update again :) Ok, on to the review...

I love how real you make your characters. Most writers tend to be hurried in cementing the bond between their characters and it ends up sounding contrived and unrealistic. Yes, your characters have a physical attraction to each other, as well as the beginnings of true feelings for one another, but they also have doubts and insecurities. I like how you introduced jealousy into this chapter, it's inevitable in any relationship that the past creates insecurities and I think you portrayed that well here. And I like how you handled Sabas' dilemma in answering Aleeria's question of if he could have had more "experience" he would have. Sabas is a man, of course he would have "sampled more" or at least thought about it if the opportunity had presented itself. It irks me a bit when writers make their characters' love totally pure and unchallenged (and honestly a little too simple), it just seems unrealistic and I think you've avoided that pitfall well.

I'm interested to find out why Sabine is advocating more intense training for the Lycans...And I'm curious to learn more about Sabine and how she feels about Lycans in general. I mean, she's pushing for a more privileged class of Lycans, and she intends for her most-favored handmaiden to become one of them, so she must at least respect them or place them in higher regard than Victor...I don't know, just thinking out loud here.

I have more to say, but I'll save it for the next chapter...
Soaring hawk chapter 11 . 6/4/2010
Thank you. Thank you for the update. I love this story. What is the test or training that the vapmires go through though?
taylorxtorniquet chapter 11 . 6/1/2010
FREEEEEE AT LASTTT! WOOHOO! XD Anyway...hahaha Oh my goodness, even the kisses they shared in this made it get steamy in here!

I can't wait to see...what else happens ;)

333333
BucksDoe chapter 9 . 5/11/2010
I was glad to see the new chapter :), great job!
Soaring Hawk chapter 9 . 5/9/2010
Brillantly done. Terrific. I am no longer dieing from the wait. Lady Ataralasse you did great. Cant wait to see the next chapter like always.
luthien587 chapter 9 . 5/8/2010
Ooh, wow, this was a really great chapter, definitely worth the wait. I love how you gave Sabas the control in this chapter, effectively reversing their roles without removing the chains. Well done ;)

I completely understand your dilemma in dealing with the development of your characters, it's so hard to have two fully-formed characters without having one dependent on the other, or have one that's stronger than the other. I don't think you have anything to worry about here, both of your characters are complex and whole. I'm actually really impressed with how you portray Sabas, his mannerisms and dialogue are so reminiscent of Craig Parker that I can easily picture him saying and doing everything you write (blush). Not only that, but I think it's difficult for writers to portray characters of the opposite gender, mostly because I don't think anyone on this planet is capable of fully understanding the opposite sex (certainly not me, ha). I don't see Sabas as a 'likeable Neanderthal', nor do I think you've emasculated him. As I said, I can easily imagine Craig Parker (as Sabas) saying and doing everything in this story, and I think we can all agree that he is a damn fine specimen of a man ;)

I'm glad you don't think I'm repeating myself. And I definitely don't think you say thanks too much, I really look forward to your replies to my reviews, and I really appreciate the fact that you take the time to do that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Glaber incredibly sexy, even if he is evil. I would love it if you wrote a fic for him, but I'm all for you finishing your other fics. I didn't know you were also writing a POTC fic, I'll have to check that one out too.

Ooh, one more thing I wanted to tell you. My favorite part of your writing is your ability to make the tiniest detail exciting and crucial to your story. Does that make sense? I mean, you describe every movement of your characters, really taking your time in your descriptions. Even though I like a lot of description and think it's important for a good story, I admit I'm a bit of a speed reader and tend to gloss over the more inconsequential details. But with your stories I have to read every word, every one. The details which in other stories prove to be almost tedious only serve to add to the excitement and anticipation of your story. I've never read a fanfic that has kept me hanging on every word, afraid to miss even the smallest detail. I just wanted to tell you that I really love how you can do that. You are quickly becoming my favorite fanfic author :)

Sorry to write you a small book here, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your writing. Looking forward to the next chapter with no chains!
Princess of all Vampires chapter 9 . 5/8/2010
holy shit that was hot!

write more
BritishPixie chapter 9 . 5/8/2010
Holy crap... I need a cold shower... I can't wait until he's actually the one with her, rather than her by herself... Keep going!
taylorxtorniquet chapter 9 . 5/8/2010
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *nose bleed* OMG, that was the most blessed thing on this planet as of now. I could see the whole thing playing out right in front of my eyes.

Sabas was quite the seductor in this chapter, well more than he was in the others lol. Oh my goodness, you never cease to amaze me with your writing skills. Craig Parker Underworld Sabas the sexy lycan.

Ughh, we need to get those chains off of him before Aleeria and I go completely mad lol. I cannot wait for more (mainly Sabas getting freed of those chains) and once again, AWESOME CHAPTER! 33333
fanficfan84 chapter 9 . 5/8/2010
OMG OMG OMG! I was just thinking about this story this morning and then when I checked my e-mail, there it was! It was so so so so awesome!

Predator Sabas? I melted, seriously. I wanted to jump in that story, rip those chains off of him, and tell him to go get her lol. I love the way you write him :-D Oh yes, Craig P. definitely has extraordinary talent. When the time is right for you, I would love to read your crossover fic when it's ready. I haven't seen Blade, but I'll watch it sometime.

Do you have any idea how much you tortured your readers by keeping a hot, muscular, mysterious, hot, sexy, and superbly masculine (have I mentioned hot yet? ;-))Sabas in chains? ;-) Lol, you certainly know how to keep us bouncing off walls in anticipation for him lol.

Once again, very awesome chapter! Very awesome! I cannot tell you enough how happy it made me. Last night, I was in the middle of writing my own fanfic and there was a power outage and I lost it and my unfinished paper for class. Neither could be recovered and I got a bit teary-eyed over it. I was still feeling down in the dumps and then this story really made it all better. I feel more optimistic now. Thank you! I look forward to the next chapter!
BucksDoe chapter 8 . 5/3/2010
I really love this story so far! :D
Soaring Hawk chapter 8 . 5/1/2010
Lady Ataralasse when are you going to update. Having a panic attack that you are not going to update soon. It's May 1. I love it. Please update!
BritishPixie chapter 8 . 4/20/2010
Holy cow... I about had a heart attack during the teasing chapters... This last one was so sweet, though... Can't wait to get him out of the chains so they can be together properly.
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »