Reviews for Nice Weather for Ducks
I have no words for how brilliant this is. I think that's about all that needs to be said, da? Loved the ducks, by the way.
I think your portrayal of a god and Lucifer is a hell of a lot better than pretty much all the other ones I've seen. Including, possibly, the Bible.
ChrysophylaxDives chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
This is one of the best short stories I have read and could easily pass as written by Pratchett and Gaiman; the characterisation is perfect, the style is perfect, the footnotes are a work of art. I particularly liked the ducks, especially the one at the end.
FallingStarXan chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Absolutely amazing, particularly the footnotes, which are almost as good as the Gaiman/Pratchett ones. And of course, making the story all about ducks was lovely. All in all a FANTASTIC story.
Ghostgirl468 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Oh I LIKED that, very much so. Just re-read Good Omens the other day for the first time in a year at least (it always seems to be the book I find when I simply NEED a book and root through the shelves not really knowing what I'm looking for) and I've found myself completely addicted to its world once again. And this is just PERFECT. Very fantastic writing style (complete with footnotes, and it's just like turning the page and finding another section) and of course marvellous because they are all recognisably themselves. Loved it to bits (off to find another story now, hopefully as good as this one)
encore-encore chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
This made me cry a bit and laugh a lot and love so much that it kinda hurts now. Thank you.
werebunny131 chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I cannot tell you how happy this fic made me. You're awesome. -
marginaliana chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Loved this! Very much in the spirit of the original.
ariex04 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
This is really good. The parallels between all three conversations are interesting and well-done, and I like how it all works out. Great job with this!
BillyTheMadHatter chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
This was just oddly wonderful. I haven't seen quadrupled conversations pulled of like this in a one-shot for, well, ever, I think.

I'm wondering if the beginning with half of the people angry was them being influenced by Lucifer, or if it was sort of shared phenomenal anger or something... Sigh, 3.29 pm does strange things to your mind.

And yes, ducks are important*

*And so are footnotes.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
This is an utterly delightful and wonderful story. One of these days Crowley will remember that er, maybe he was an angel once, and it wasn't all _that_ bad, and back then he didn't have to deal with Hastur and Ligur that lot (well, no more than once a week, anyway)...

And perhaps Lucifer will finally get the true meaning of Infinite Love. (I wonder what he thinks of the people who were told by Mark Twain to pray for him, and what's more, sometimes remember to do it G).

And I adore the ducks.
Thobbit chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
That was excellent! But, um, what just happened there, at the end, with the alien duckbeing? I'm rather confused...
Cizz chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
It's fantastic. I loved the mix of humour and philosophical aspects, as well as the arguments and their topics, and the way evertything ties up to ducks. Ducks. You gotta love them. (1)

Ha, the Fifth Horse(wo)man. I can totally picture her. And, yep, she's indeed already here.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it (:

(1) And the footnotes. You gotta love the footnotes.
ruff1298 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Fascinating multi-conversations. I really enjoyed the arguments posed in between the three parties, and the words and topics brought up and the rather powerful reactions received from those words, anger, and ducks.

Sorry I don't have much to say about this, it's just that it is a really interesting story and I can't find much to say to it because of awe at its fascinating execution and content.
dreamingallthetime chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This was very good. I especially liked the part with God and the Devil. The characterization of God as a parent with a wayward child was very easy to empathisize with, and rather heartbreaking. Also the image of Lucifer's beautiful face twisted in rage, I found rather frightening. A good story, I enjoyed it.
Jennistar1 chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
squee, Lucifer/God love! Oh, it was perfect. Thanks so much for writing it!