Reviews for Harry got his Wand
The Jumble Book chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
Quite an interesting take, good stuff.
Moonlady chapter 7 . 9/11/2012
I sort of just sped through it because I was so excited, so I may not have gotten all of the details... But OMG!
Johnny Got his Gun is really one of the best books/movies ever. This is a combination I don't think I would have ever come up with though. I love it. Seeing this same problem only with a magical bent is a very interesting concept.
Think of all the potential ways he could communicate? Clearly you've gone down the road of Legimency... But I imagine rather than spending lots and lots of time attempting to count time Harry would spend a lot of time going through his magical reserves trying to figure out more ways to communicate.
Like wandless magic and astral projection and Legimency and etc...

I know this was two years ago, but I do hope you pick it back up eventually maybe.
I'll put it on Story Alert just in case.
laughandlove chapter 6 . 3/8/2010
Oh yes. This is going to be very interesting; Malfoy teaching Hermione Legilimency... what a genius idea! I definitely didn't see it coming, that's for sure! And I loved the introduction of Dumbledore into the story. Somehow his characteristic calmness (and the twinkle in his eye) lightened the tone of the story and let me breathe for a second, haha.

The weather issue brought up by Luna is also really intriguing... I wonder if it's true, or just another one of her stories? Either way, really cool development.

I'm still eager to see where you take this!

laughandlove chapter 5 . 2/24/2010
How creative! That's the first thing that occurred to me after reading this - at first I thought the war vision was a flashback to a past occurrence, a wizarding battle, but then when you mentioned shells and gunfire I got confused... but I love how that image represented Harry's mind, blocking Hermione off for the moment. He and Hermione would obviously both be familiar with muggle warfare, and Hermione viewing all the soldiers as looking like Harry but slightly *different* was really interesting. Even though Hermione couldn't really communicate with Harry, at the same time she's realized that he's able to utilize Legilimens; that he isn't brain-dead after all. That's a huge breakthrough, and I can't wait to see what develops later. You wrote that Hermione's going to hit the books - she's bound to find something, right?

I still wonder why Harry's blocking her out, though... maybe it's not intentional - is he just not ready? Or is there another reason? Hm... definitely interesting!

laughandlove chapter 4 . 2/10/2010
I'm still following! I'm sorry for the late review, but I've been hugely busy. You know, trying to dig my car out of three feet of snow and all that, haha. And somehow this just slipped by unnoticed! I was excited to see that you updated, though!

First of all, I love Hermione in this chapter. Her inner discussion on practicality just seemed so fitting, and I love that she threatened the receptionist. Awesome. And the explanation you gave for them keeping Harry alive - that he's the Chosen One, and a symbol of hope - is really fitting, knowing the importance the entire wizarding world places on Harry. That burden still follows him long after having defeated Voldemort.

And legilimens... I totally hadn't thought of that! It's brilliant, though. I'm seriously hoping he can get through to someone and prove that he's not brain- dead!

Good job, as always! ;-)

Marikili68 chapter 4 . 2/9/2010
i love your story please update soon!
laughandlove chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed yet! This update honestly snuck by me; I think my e-mail alerts are broken. Anyway, I really thought this chapter was creatively done. Harry's hand (I'm assuming Mrs. Weasley added one, since it didn't used to be there, but that makes sense!) spinning out of control and falling on the floor... really dramatic, and a great way of inducing fear into Molly and Hermione!

Poor Ron, with his muscle paralysis - that's unfortunate, but it's hard to think about after what you've made happen to Harry. It was devastating to read his realization that he has no arms or legs. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

-laughandlove

-P.S. - where are the rest of your reviews? I really feel you deserve more, but I'm assuming the reason has more to do with the plot than your talent as a writer. Something this dark and depressing is, I guess, too dark for most people. :-( Even after having read Johnny Got His Gun, I still find this difficult! But you definitely have a lot of talent and creativity, which is why I continue. :-)
laughandlove chapter 2 . 1/14/2010
Yay! I got a chapter dedicated to me! I faved it thanks to that, haha. And the fact that it's a good story, of course. :-P I really love the idea of Dumbledore popping into Harry's head at the very end there, just as before when Harry "died" in the forest and saw him, but disappeared because it wasn't the right time yet. Really nice touch. It's also really realistic to have Shacklebolt try and cover up what happened, at least temporarily, because it would cause a huge uproar in the wizarding world.

And I also really like how you incorporated the explanation for muggle medicine. It makes total sense that they would resort to measures like that, as they resorted to stitches after Mr. Weasley's attack.

Overall, this is still hugely depressing but very inventive and effective. Will we get flashes into Harry's life before the accident, like in Johnny Got His Gun? Not a necessity or anything, haha, but I think that could prove interesting!

Good job!

laughandlove chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I've read Johnny Got His Gun, and it remains one of my favorites - yet also one of the most disturbing things I have ever come across. It has a brilliant message, though, and I think you're brave trying to apply the story to Harry Potter. For some reason I'm a sucker for tragedies, so I'll stick around and read this. You have a great start. I can't promise I'll read the whole thing, though, as it might get too sad even for me! Harry's a character I've really grown to love in the 12 years I've been reading the books, so I might have trouble continuing. That might sound sappy, but whatever. Lol.

You're doing an excellent job so far, and I'll be here when you update!

-laughandlove

P.S. - Don't take this as a bad thing at all, but I do have one little critique... I'm not sure how much muggle medicine is interfering with wizard medicine here. Remember, they were freaked out by the idea of stitches and don't have electricity to run a ventilator. But I guess I can't really see a way around that, seeing as Harry's injuries, to be so severe as in the book, would have to have radical treatment. So that was probably a worthless observation on my part, haha.