Reviews for What's in a name
werd chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
a different love interest than the fourth film was wonder what the film would be like if it had this character in it, so one of sotos pack that was killed and it turned out was his mate! probably not canon but good anyway! and their was more females wonder what soto was like before the killings.
jtgil chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
An awesome story! And fantastic writting! So entertaining! I enjoyed this a lot! You should do a proper sequel to this!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
HE DIDN'T ASK HER FOR HER NAME? But you know what? I didn't notice that til Diego did hehe... Loved this!
SHEZZA221HOLMES chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
HE DIDNT ASK HER HER NAME? i didnt realize that until diego did LOL
Aronim chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Great story. The characters are great and unlike a lot of people who write about animals, you remember to pay attention to the fact that animals interact very differently than humans.

Your grammar could use some work though.

You miss some words here and there and your punctuation is odd at times. You also tend to confuse some prepositions (is that what they're called) like writing to or in instead of at on such things.

Also, though you keep the vocabulary appropriate for the setting (also something many people miss) you did slip up once if you ask me, as "lantern-like eyes" seems like an odd metaphor for an animal, especially in the ice age.

Also I think the place where you describe what tigers look for in a mate, their standards of beauty and personality, is unnecessary. By the time that paragraph comes up, you've already implied what qualities are good for a tiger, so it just seems like you explain something for no reason there. It ruins some of the subtlety of the fic.

Also your description of her fur seemed repetitive to me, you should have mixed them more up.

Also, a divider-line or something else would be nice where you jump over the mating scene. Such a change in time should be marked by something.

Great fic otherwise, I enjoyed it immensely and laughed most of the time. And that's a good thing, I laugh at anything I enjoy, even the bits that are sad or serious.
StelzaRinator chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Lol! Diego you naughty cat! ;)

Love the story.
German Girl chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Nice one. I like your writing style. It's discriptive without being forced. More! BUT: I think Sid's mate meant that he should have chosen a female with the same fur colour as her so she would't notice if He had any hair on him. You Know, the typical brown-haired-girl-asks-her-boyfriend-where-the-long-blond-hair-comes-from-scenario ;-)
Shadowolf chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
This is an excellent story. Perhaps you could write a sequel. Fantastic job.
SunflowerIce chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
what a nice one shot, I really love it :)
Emerald Gaze chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
it was great! this was the first diego/oc fic i'veever read (i decided to while watching ice age and thinking "diego needs a girlfriend")

and i cant believe he never got her name! she does seem to be incredibly unique though so he probably wont have too hard a time finding her.. if he tries

seriously though, it was good

i found it entertaining, especially that last part and i definitly wanna go and read more diego/oc fics after this

thanks for the great read!_!
Kiren chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Wow, that was awesome fanfic ;)

But hey, could you tell us her name... (cos some saber forgot to ask) XD
Kristen chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I love this story! But, unlike everyone else who reviewed, I think that this is just a one-shot deal, and should stay that way. Some stories are just better untouched. I couldn't think of a sequel worthy to even MATCH this story. I can tell you worked hard on this. The way it goes onto detail tells me that you have talent. I've only seen description that deep in a few authors on this site. I love the end when he doesn't know her name. I, too, am curious about the tigeress' name, but know that it's part of the story's mysterious edge that gets us thinking. Did she do it on purpose, or was it a mistake? Or maybe it just slipped her mind? You, clever writer, have us on our toes, looking for a sequel we hope to come. But, I think that there are some stories that need sequels, and some don't. People think that they want more, but a one-shot deal leaves them to imagine the possibilities after an event. Some things can't go on forever, and this is one of them. Ultimately, I wish you luck on the future stories we all hope to see. Wherever. Your ideas take you, remember that there will be many fans out there. Some may be unspoken, like I was for a VERY long time, but know that we all love your stories. Goodbye and good luck, friend. Hope to see more stories from you. -Kristen-
Aysel Maha chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Wow, I loved this fic! Great work writing it, I really enjoyed reading it.

Can we please please please a sequel? The way you described the new female saber, her strength really seems to be an attraction. I love how you didn't make her a tiny framed, fragile creature; instead she's well built and strong, which reasonably would seem more attractive to sabers.

I'd love to see what happens in the future... pretty please with icing on top?
MayDayGirl-Save-Our-Ships chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Wow... this is the best ice age fic I have ever read! Just wow, it was so detailed and in character. I loved being able to learn about what the other tigers think of Diego. And I love how Diego's explanation seemed confuse her and how she argued with him about the relationship between prey and predictor. This is just amazing and your OC is so vivid, i could practically see her.

I loved the realistic feel to this story, and how you took time to describe everything, even the positions in the pack, and how that came into play in the story. I wish there were more writers like you out there.
Shrine
doodlechick12 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Haha, I can't believe he forgot to ask her what her name was.