Reviews for Youth without Age and Life without Death
Starnani21 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
There is definitely a reason you were the first author I've favorited. Your mind is an amazing place to be. Your words are amazing things to hear. And your images are the most lovely of any film I've seen for ages.

I didn't know what to expect from this story. But, I got a whole lot more than I bargained for, and I'm loving every second of it.

I'm in love with this history that you gave to Edward. Sadly, I've never put much thought into it. I have considered that his gift could not have come out of the blue. But, the details that you've woven together just make the fantastical love story that we all read about in one form or another just that much more meaningful. Magic is an intangible force that weaves its way through the world in the most intricate of patterns.

Do you every take a break from thinking this stuff up? I mean, almost all of your writings connect. Your pages just lay everything out to be taken in by those willing. Okay, enough of the flattery!

What I don't like about this story is Eliza's willingness to give up the parts of herself that meant the most to her before starting her life with Edward John. I get that you do what love requires of you, sometime... but, she left her family, changed her name, and had to 'quietly' practice her culture and traditions in order to fit in with people that never thought much of her in the first place. I can't see myself doing that. But, it was a different time back in 1899, right?

And the two stories in one kept dragging my mind back and forth trying to compare them. I may have been fighting my sleep for a while in order to read all that I have tonight after one long ass weekend, but I was having a hard time. I mean I saw the obvious parallels... I think I want to know if it is an actual fairytale or not, I guess. I used to actual research them.

There is always a hint of truth to every fairytale. Eliza knows this.
raeb2008 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Beautifully worded & detailed, intriguing, sexy...otherworldly? Whichever description, I loved your words! They captivated & held me. Literally from the first paragraph. Your characters of Eliza and Edward John leaped towards me as I read. Her - wild, untamed, beautiful. Him - proud, steadfast with an underlying dominance (so damn hot). These two just smolder! You had me tearing up at this line - " I still felt the phantom kicks & wiggles of his residence inside my womb, a sensation I'd never know again..." I know you know why. Just gah! LOVE THIS. The history of Edward's parents and his own with the folklore spin is fantastic. Edward as a child is flat out heartwarming. Reading your words as he grows up just leaves me warm and happy with how much he was loved. You're doing a spectacular job of detailing WHY he is the way he'll be. Not necessarily 'canon', but in a way that's believable to your story, making it all tie in and completely your own. I didn't think I could love your writing anymore then I already do, I was wrong. You just keep getting better. Brilliant 1st chapter woman! Well done. Rae
BilliCullen chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
This one is going to be fantastic, just like all your others!

Cant wait to see what happens!
weisyloveslemons chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
That was a very poetic chapter and left me wanting more.
constanceinthis chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
OH SWEET BABY JESUS! It's the prequel to "Crave." You have no idea how happy this one makes me. And Eliza is just fabulous. I can't imagine a better mother for the innocently erotic touched and touching Edward, pun intended. At first I was a bit worried for poor Eliza here, she finds her love and he's nothing but a scoundrel with her. But I can see so easily how these two came together to make Edward that it is positively delicious. Her abilities and natural otherworldliness coming together with his genteel demeanor that crumbles when face to face with the woman he was made for. Oh, and the line about how he treats her more like a mistress in the bedroom, who doesn't want a husband like that? Talk about living the dream... I just absolutely love how you wrote Edward Sr., such a wonderful bastard. And thank you for not making Edward's parents uptight Victorian assholes! I mean come on, he grew up with some form of "reading people" according to canon, that doesn’t come from normal, that comes from greatness, just like what you wrote.
mds220 chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Rie, you are once again bewitching me with one of your stories. I can't wait until you update this story and please I hope that it is soon. LOVE IT!
twilightnaley19 chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I LOVE IT.
slobber-monkey chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I am absolutely 100% in love with this story already!

Only you could just make up a history for a pre-exsisting character and just have it be so perfect and fitting.

This was a deep chapter, but you're right it was also HOTT!

I love it and can't wait for more...
readerkitty chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Are you chained to your computer? How can you be putting out all of this awesome fic all at once? The mind boggles. Don't stop by the way, I'm just saying wow. With the volume you ave posted in just the last 6 weeks there is no way it should ALL be this good. I love to think that Edward's mother may have known exactly what she was doing in asking Carlisle. Very keen for the next bit. But seriously take your time, don't strain something.
RowanMoon chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I've always loved fairytales. But, when puberty hit and Madonna showed me the beauty of wearing my underwear as outerwear, my fairytale books and unicorn posters were items of the childhood past.

You've awakened my adoration of fairytales with your classic, cunning style of writing. The backstory you have created for Eliza is absolutely intriguing. Clacking castanets, colorful bohemian caravans. Her wonderment as an immigrant walking the streets of Chicago, the architecture looming, luring her into a manmade kingdom with modern trappings. You've conjured a very vivid character in Eliza, weaving her into Twilight, Romanian and Goldenmeadow Mythology with stunning genius.

The love story you told between Edward and Eliza is gorgeous. The chemistry created for them is palpable. (I know where Eddie gets his animal magnetism from!)

Some of my absolute favorite bits;

"Eroticism was heavier than the amber liquid of our nightly cognac in the cut-glass tumblers on the side table and my head lashed, my back arched, my hands triggered to the stiffness still hidden.

I backed away, he begged, “Wench, why do you starve me of your charms?”

Volleying, I shot back, “Husband, take off your breeches.”

He complied."

I had to go out for a smoke after this paragraph;

"And he was, as ever, profoundly beneficent; pelvis clenching, hips lifting in a volcanic rupture from the cushions while holding down on my shoulders until the effervescent frown of climax solidified my face and narrowed my vision until all I saw was the pounding, terrifyingly beautiful absence of everything!

“MY GOD!” he jammed up into me several more times ‘til we both sagged, bonelessly, to the chaise.

A searing chuckle rumbled Edward John’s chest beneath my cheek and flattened hair, “Was that your idea of dessert, my love, or is there more?”

This was just simply gorgeous;

"October’s ghouls beat at our doors and hard frost made spirals and webbed paintings on the windows, but inside there was ease and friendship and hope"

And OMG...the relationship she has with her son Edward Anthony...a mother's love for her fairy dream child...The Handsome Son. From birth to 17 you give us snapshots of Edward that are simply beautiful.

The night at the opera, her sighting of Carlisle, then tying it up in the ending with the proclamation of the soothsayer...absolute perfection.

Impressive. Brilliant. Magical.

I'm so glad there is more...

xoxo
dragonflyidt chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Ok, so I read the title and I was like: "Youth without Age and Life without Death"...you mean "Tinerete fara batranete si viata fara de moarte"? How does goldenmeadow know about that? lol.

I have to say I absolutely HATED that tale as a kid. Hated it with a passion. It was just too complex for my 5 year old mind to appreciate and I would have a fit at the mere mention of it.

But since I'm from Romania, I eventually had to analyze it in lit class as an example of a folktale, and that's when I really understood and loved it.

Not that it matters much, but if she was a gypsy of the Balkan Peninsula, she'd be Christen Orthodox not Roman Catholic.

When I got 3/4 through this story I started thinking, this is all very cool, but where is it going? AND then the ending came "For he was vampyre." and I got goose bumps. Seriously! That was so cool, the way the chapter led to that. I had no idea what the phantom was gonna be.

I'm intrigues now, I have so many questions that you could not answer now because it would give away the plot, so I'm not gonna ask them. But I am going to say: can't wait for Carlile's pov. :-)

Ok, I can't help it, just ONE question: Is Carlile the vampire Eliza met or is it someone else? :D
brandj chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
What it would be like to see the inside of your head! Where these stories come from is beyond me! You have pure talent. This story is beautiful, breathtaking. The idea that Elizabeth was much more than a mere human, that she held talents as well, and passed them onto Edward is so creative. I can’t wait to see how this one unfolds!
Navarre chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Of all the fanfiction writers, no one can captured the imagination through prose like you can, Rie.

This story ignites the fires of imagery, beauty, fire, passion, and make believe. It reminds me of the fairytales of old.

Once again, you have captured my imagination and I have no desired to be set free from the gossamer and hauntingly beautiful images that your writing has spun.

Magnificent!
winterstale chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
These period pieces - the research and then your imagination weaving it all into these tapestries, so specific down to smell and texture - are some of my favorite paths to walk with your words. The Romany ancestry as the source of his clairvoyance is pretty inspired; Edward always has this sheen of American aristocracy and for me, adding that lineage gives his step a little swagger. I can't wait for Carlisle. His appearance at Swan Lake of all things: the ballet about transformation and eternal love, and the creature who will bring it to Edward - more of those details, texture in the tapestry.
Evie has left the building chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Beautiful- magnificent as always!
272 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 Next »