Reviews for Youth without Age and Life without Death
k1942 chapter 13 . 2/27/2011
No dear, I was worried a lot! It's tempting to say it, all's well that ends well, but I'm almost afraid idea that all this was plotted and planned so long ago, as some revenge and turned by love, to a salvation, just makes me so happy.
k1942 chapter 12 . 2/27/2011
Never, ever thought Bella would be the instrument of Edward's return to his humanity. Actually got a bit misty-eyed during that part. That gypsy thing turned out to be the miracle Edward always wanted and thought he could never have. I'm not sure how this affects his family but can't wait to find out.
k1942 chapter 11 . 2/27/2011
I'm really sorry, but all I can focus on is Edward,and what is happening to him. Carlisle has got to get over this self-flagellation, guilt is one thing, eternal guilt is too curiosity about how Esme is to save him, again. Guess I'm just confused, or maybe stupid, not sure which. What has happened to the fairytale? I'm missing that too. Rest assured, you have my undivided attention.
k1942 chapter 10 . 2/27/2011
Edward lucked out with Charlie being as accepting of his 'otherness', at least way more than Renee. She took a lot more convincing, probably because she knew the families' histories and worried . Frankly , I'm glad she and Charlie are going to be together again. They would have had a better shot at it if his mother hadn't done her evil best to drive Renee away. The old bat had a lot to answer for, including depriving Charlie of his little girl. I'm mystifyed by the end of this chapter, it sounded as if Edward was sleeping and had warm ears, what's up with that? The fairytale is about to go bad, too, as the prince has accidentally set foot in the Valley of Lamentation. Most likely not a good thing.
k1942 chapter 9 . 2/27/2011
Loving the fairytales, hating Charlies mother. Too bad it took most of twenty years for Renee to realize she belongs with Charlie. I must say, the two of them are pretty much okay with Edward and Bella being together. That kind of blows my mind, but it's great for the happiness of all concerned. Four a.m. guess I'd better get to bed before the sun comes up! Love this story!
k1942 chapter 8 . 2/27/2011
It looks as if I goofed up my last review, punched the wrong button and posted it twice. That's what happens when your fingers get old and arthritic, not to mention stupid! At last, Bella and what a naughty Bella, I'm really liking this girl. She knows exactly what she wants and it's Edward. Don't know if he's being coy, playing hard to get or what, but I'm glad she talked him out of semi-celibacy. Now, for the really big one, what does she mean, Charlie knows you're a vampire?
k1942 chapter 7 . 2/27/2011
Kind of makes you want to grab Carlisle by the collar and tell him "go for it, man", Good Grief! There is such a thing as being too self-deprecating and unsure of what is the right thing. Luckily Esme had the wisdom to know what was good for both of them. I think I hear Etta James singing At Last!
k1942 chapter 6 . 2/27/2011
k1942 chapter 5 . 2/27/2011
Absolutely heartbreaking to read of Esme's miserable existence, I refuse to call it a life. Makes me want to get a gun and a rusty knife and take care of Charles and all men like him. It's sickening that people can do that to other, weaker people, and I dearly hope there is a special corner in Hell just for them! I like that you had Carlisle and Esme meet before her baby was born, even if Edward tried to keep him from seeing her. That bond will not be denied I guess and lord knows she deserves a bit of happiness, too long denied to this sweet woman.
k1942 chapter 4 . 2/27/2011
It makes me happy to know Bella has always been destined for Edward, he just has to live long enough for her to be born and grow up. I'm really liking the mixing of Edward's story and Youth Without Age and Life Without Death. Reading it all from Edward's mind fills out the same from Carlisle' 's way cool how Bella came to Edward as a spirit of some kind, and looked through his things and finally showed up as he masturbated for the first time. Those two really have an unbreakable bond.
k1942 chapter 3 . 2/26/2011
Carlisle is somewhat different, and yet very much the same, a good man despite being a vampire, or perhaps because of it. Fate, Destiny, Karma, call it what you will, plays a huge part in your story. Must be from the gifts of Elisabeth and her son. She was at peace in the knowledge that she had obtained immortality for her son. I imagine she was secure in knowing she would find her husband in the next life, too. Gripping is as good a description as I can find now, for how this story has me, and yet that's not quite it either. Whatever, I can't quit reading right noe, gotta go!
k1942 chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Loved how you wove together the Handsome Son tale with Eliza and Edward's story. I see why she demanded her son be saved by supernatural means, if necessary, and why she hadn't the fears others might have had. Romany heritage explains perfectly Edward's gift. As for why a male posessed this ability, rather than a female, perhaps because he was an only child, he recieved that inheritance, passed from from mother to son. It wasn't too surprising that his mother heard him utter the name of his future love, in his sleep. You don't have to twist my arm, I'm a big believer in liked the start to this and will enjoy reading further.
Nauticalmass chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
What a wonderful beginning and rich tale. Of fanfictions that inspired by other pieces, this was definitely the most interesting I've read. There was a sure magical thread woven through this opening chapter. I loved the image of Eliza; this was by far the most interesting imagining of Elizabeth I've ever come across. I really enjoying the explanation of how she would have known what Carlisle could do for Edward at the end of her life and the root of Edward's vampire gift. I'm intrigued that she could tell what Carlisle was at first sight.
Starnani21 chapter 14 . 2/3/2011
Wow, I didn't expect such a... not so terribly sad ending. You have really mastered the art of making me laugh and cry at your will. This was an awesomely fantastical tale with a magically beautiful ending. Thank you.

As for fairy tales, I've fallen in love with the often grim tales from the True Tales Fairy series. I'm sure you've already probably checked some of those stories out at this point.

Until next time...