Reviews for bid the hourglass to slowly fade
thejacinthsong chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
It's so beautifully heart breaking and bittersweet. A truly wonderful piece.
RennFlight chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I cried. Again.

You portray the Doctor's emotions so simply, yet so elegantly ... it's very impressive, very beautiful.

Heart-rendingly lovely is the term, I believe. Jolie laide.

In any case, very well done.
ValaEnVash chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
oh that was lovely. and yes, i teared up.
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Oh my...so sad. But so had their ending. I love it!
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I sort of love the idea of him getting to say goodbye. Its all sorts of depressing either way, but this takes away some of the sad. But still really sad. Idea of him holding onto Rose and her baby with another him was just...yea. But beautifully done.
NewDrWhoFan chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Very nice
Doobrey Ferkin chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Omg I had a lump in my throat reading this! Beautifully written, lovely wording and it ties up the loose ends. Focussing on the Doctor's feelings, but in a different way, I like the perspective eused ("you...").

Overall, amazing! Loved it! lol :-) x
Peacockgirl chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This is so beautifully depressing. Gorgeous, but it doesn't make me feel any better about EoT! Although I too was hoping that the Doctor would somehow get to say goodbye to Rose in the parallel world. And you wrote that scene beautifully. Her response "As much as can be expected" kind of broke my heart. Realistic, but I like to pretend that Rose and the clone Doctor have an absolutely marvelous time.

Another line that really got me: "And you can only say “yes.” It always would be, this life lived on behalf of others, and you had to believe that for the sake of both of your hearts." Isn't that just the truth of Doctor Who? All the sacrifice just better be worth it, because the poor Doctor just never gets a break.

Wonderful job with this!
MythStar Black Dragon chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
That was wonderful loved it amazing so sad and loved the ending so should have happened

Maria
Bailey chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I loved you adding that last goodbye. While I loved EoT, I felt it was lacking many things, and this was one of them. A real 'reward.' Yes, you handled that quite nicely.
Doc's Gal chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Aww now you've made me cry. That was beautiful. Really nice.