Reviews for before the tempest
jaconda chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
A Time Lord is a God? Because that's what he said.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Loved it! These are two of my favorite things in one and i feel you kept the characters very well
D-Watson chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Very poignant. I'm more of a casual Doctor Who fan, so I can't really comment on that part, but this is certainly a believable vignette in the context the Man Who Fell to Earth (especially when you consider Newton's line about seeing the footsteps of other visitors both on Earth and on his own planet). You certainly have a way with words. With a story like this, it's easy to cross the line that separates tragedy from melodrama, so I'm glad that you kept this understated. Good job making me snivel.
mavic chen chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
In The Waters Of Mars the Doctor didn't claim to be a God. He said he was a Time Lord, as he's been doing for 44 years. Or do those words mean a god after all this time?
HSGisME123 chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Your writing is beautiful. It's so sad, but so effective. You have a real way with words, and it paints the scene beautifully.
Araytigre chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
This was nicely done, a quaint interlude, that with out a small reminder would be lost. I hope that the Doctor was able to visit him again. David Bowie did a wonderful job in the movie as the stranded Alien, haven't seen it in quite a while, should find it a watch it again. Thank You. TTFN
forestwife chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
This is absolutely wonderful. I've actually wondered to myself about whether the Doctor could have saved Thomas and his planet - I guess now I know!
chee-wit chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
I find this very tragic and sad. I love both of these characters and you did them justice. It was short but very beautiful and heart breaking. My two favorite aliens together to play table tennis, thank you for the good read. :)
dzio chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I don't know anything about "The Man Who Fell to Earth", but it worked just fine for me, just as a Doctor Who story. This is sad and beautiful, and the last line is pure perfection. You somehow managed to sum the Doctor up in two sentences. Great job, thank you very much for your work!
Aiffe chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
This is just very quietly beautiful and IC. I love how you can make table tennis tragic. I love the Doctor drinking (omg is this a new kink of mine?). Thank you. 3