Reviews for Happy Endings
Cheshire chapter 17 . 1/22
I like Anora, but from the summary, I was prepared to see her die. The rest of the story was rather thrilling. Your Warden is a bit too... cruel, I might say, or lacking in my sense of right and wrong for me to like her very much, but I liked your writing. This last chapter, though, was just... wow. This is the first time I have read this sort of Flemeth encountering Morrigan post-Ritual, and it just has all sorts of potential. I really liked the ending.
Zute chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Oh... bravo! You sneaked Zevran up on me. I didn't even consider it would be him since he was described as a poor elf, down-trodden, etc.

I loved this.
Kosiah chapter 17 . 2/23/2012
Again, I really love how true the voices are in this. You also covered all the ground I was hoping someone would-the issues of gray wardens conceiving, Fiona, even Zevrans revenge. Sapphire is a great character as well-there's a lot of great stuff here. Thank you!
Kosiah chapter 5 . 2/23/2012
I haven't looked in a while, but more! Yay!

Made it as far as the Zevran chapter and I had to stop and leave a review. This is hysterical! I think you have his voice-and Alistair and Anora before-exact.

On to more reading...
Mirabai chapter 17 . 4/13/2011
Why did you do that to us? Here I was finishing chapter 16 with the warm and fuzzies and as soon as I see Morrigan's name in bold I screamed in anguish so loudly I woke my dog. I want to like Morrigan, but I cant and I know if she's involved suffering is bound to come up. Wonderful story absolutely wonderful. Thank you for writing it.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 17 . 6/12/2010
The story ends, even if it really doesn't. Clever of you to end and begin the story with two characters who weren't Zevran, Elendra and Alistair. Anora's assassination points out how cloak-and-dagger the story will be, while the final chapter brings it all home. After slogging through all sorts of miserable and sundry things to arrive at what appears to be a clean resolution, the nominal heroes of the piece still have (at least) one rather abominable choice to deal with.

The same way the Blight ended with a happy ending marred by ramifications, so does this story.

Analysis aside, I'm still amazed at how well you slide into a character. Granted, there are a handful of times Alistair comes off as a bit too eloquent for himself, but your Zevran and Morrigan are brilliant.

I love that you've taken the ending of Origins to its natural conclusion. It's a game about hard choices and consequences, and you've continued that tradition in fine form.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 11 . 6/10/2010
I'm surprised that Zevran was surprised by Sapphire's true nature. He pointed out some of the discrepancies of the "woman" when he shook her hand, and one would think a bisexual lothario raised in a brothel would be able to spot a crossdresser at thirty paces. Whatever the case, it's amusing to see Sapphire's hard shell flaking away under the unrelenting Zev charm.

I liked the juxtaposition of Zev's rose for Nerissa with Alistair's rose, which came up earlier. I didn't think Zevran would have let her live after a stunt like that, but the little scene brought it all home.

On the Alistair front, Warden Cullen is interesting, as is the undercurrent of unseemliness at Weisshaupt. What ever could they be planning? The in-game entries suggest that the Wardens already run the Anderfels, so a power-grab would be a moot point. (Fun to see you're bringing in Fiona. I've not read the novels, but I've been told of the character.) Interesting little plot thread with the Wardens, there

(On a total aside: I'm actually surprised Elandra went with Bhelen. He seems like he's too stubborn, manipulative and single-minded for someone like her, just like that shark, Howe. Wouldn't that night at Highever have slanted her sights a bit, even if she is the pragmatic type? Harrowmont may not make for a strong king, but his dedication to tradition all but ensures his support. On my first play through, Bhelen struck me as slippery enough that he would try to worm his way out of the treaties, calling them outdated and claiming Orzammar's prosperity took priority. He obviously has his own ideas of what's best for Orzammar, tradition and inheritance be damned. Looking at it from the eyes of someone who cares only for Orzammar's military commitment, I always thought most players (on their first game, at least) would side with Harrowmont.)

At any rate, one wonders how hard these things will come back to bite everyone. Alistair and Zevran are poking some rather large hornet's nests, which could bring all sorts of trouble galloping back to Elendra in Ferelden.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
I'm so glad I found this story again. I read the first chapter a long time ago, but then it fell off my radar. I'm only just now getting back to it.

While I'm only two chapters in, it is safe to say that "Happy Endings" is glorious. That you can nail Zevran's tone and personality so well is an accomplishment in and of itself. It's the little things, really, whether he's pointing out that Fereldans take his showy nature for a given when he's really mocking them or his constant gallows humor. (The shout-out to Machiavelli helped.)

That you segued from Anora, the polar opposite, to someone like Zevran-well, that's nothing short of amazing.

But even more interesting than these things is the vicious irony. I adore the way you've taken the "happily ever after" of the Queen Cousland ending and given it that dark, subversive edge. It is interesting to note that she's come out as something of a Bhelen-unflinching and underhanded but ultimately dedicated to improving the wretched lots in life. Or so it appears. She could be the type who seizes on charity cases for the good publicity. After all, she couched an anti-elf backlash in terms of economics rather than lives lost.

Whatever the case, this is going on my favorites ASAP.
Liso66 chapter 17 . 5/21/2010
Impressive. I spent the entire afternoon accomplishing nothing but reading. Could be worse right?

I was truly unable to walk away! You created an after campaign story that carried intrigue, romance, duty, harsh realities of choices made, and perfect suspense.

thank you for sharing your creative talent

Regards

Liso
Liso66 chapter 6 . 5/21/2010
This was a brilliant chapter. The way you wrote in Goldanna nearly made me giddy!

thank you for sharing your creative mind with us.

Regards

Liso
Sabella chapter 17 . 4/8/2010
Bravisimo! Excellent storytelling enjoyed to the very drop. :) I'm sure I am not alone in hoping there is a sequel. (That ending is much too delicious to just leave on the table, untouched!)

sabella
Bryn Nevan chapter 17 . 4/8/2010
I greatly enjoyed this. You have a wonderful talent for writing. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)
clafount chapter 17 . 4/7/2010
Oh my goodness. I was so excited to see a Morrigan chapter and this did not disappoint. You have Flemeth and Morrigan's voices DOWN, which shouldn't come as a surprise given how masterfully you've mastered all the other characters' voices. I'm eager to see what develops here!
Misame chapter 17 . 4/5/2010
You have captured Flemeth so well in this chapter, I can really hear both her and Morrigan. Even Morrigans internal dialouge is so very her. Really loved the discription at the end of Uthamiel, really beautiful.
Nevar23 chapter 6 . 4/2/2010
Found you! :D

It's a little past two in the morning here, and I have to work in the morning, but I started reading this and haven't been able to stop. My brain is overwhelmed at the moment with how you've made these characters so much more rich and real, yet kept them so recognizable. It should come as no surprise that I adore how you write Zevran.

On a personal note, the bit about the rose stem, that whole paragraph made me cry. I have a scraggly stem myself, and that blew me away. Just beautiful.

I'm so looking forward to the next chapters!
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »