Reviews for Silent Hill 2: Letter From Silent Heaven :CV:
J. S. Whitson chapter 6 . 11/30/2014
Couldn't stop reading this. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you pick it back up one day.
General-Jingwei chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
I'd just like to say that this story is great so far- although I never saw the movie, I did play the game, and this is (mostly- like I said, I've only played it) accurate. Great portrayal of emotions, nice addition on the wendigo, and just brilliant about his not liking deep holes. Good luck, James.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/13/2011
Aww, not enough reviewers I guess. But you're descriptions and metaphors are amazing, I played this game when I was 15 and never got the same feeling on subsequent playthroughs as I did the first time. You've captured the essence of that experience (as of chapter 2) and I felt like I was going back to Silent Hill. This game was subtle, horrifying, but there was beauty there that the series rarely returns to.
Celestial Rage chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Wonderful, simply wonderful! It's amazing how you changed the writing style from the previous chapter 1. It has improved incredibly, it reminds me of Anne Rice in the way you evoque so vivid images and feelings with your words, your descriptions are marvelous.

Congratulations! And please, keep the excellent work!
lemex chapter 4 . 7/28/2011
This chapter was alright, the start was well written but the fight scene wasn't great. And the very end of the chapter was a little weak. I wouldn't have separated the words 'My name' from the rest of the text.
Arnold chapter 3 . 7/27/2011
So far, so good. I'm enjoying this, though I wish you'd continue.
The Jabberwock of OZ chapter 6 . 2/17/2011
aww

what happened

this was really good

why did ya stop...

oh...

well it is still good and i will read the past one to

bope to see more later matey
RJT0123456789 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
I really like how you explained James' story before arriving to Silent Hill.
bestnewhorror chapter 6 . 4/13/2010
Just couldn't keep away from it, could you?

Anyway, I think it's a good decision. You're now somewhat of a celeberty in Silent Hill fan-circles. Whatever else you can add to the original game should be interesting to see.
Soviet Inclination chapter 6 . 3/10/2010
That segment about the scent of the apartment building was beautiful. The descriptive language you use is amazing and, once again, a marked improvement upon your earlier draft. Keep it up.
Soviet Inclination chapter 4 . 1/28/2010
The prose is so elegant in comparison to the previous two drafts, it's amazing. Almost as if you're a completely different writer, but I know better: we all evolve in our style. The imagery you're able to evoke is breathtaking. Keep it up.
Reviewer chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
One more thing.

This line "And, now I sat with it on the edge of the bed." I'm sure this is mixing up tenses.
Soviet Inclination chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
Wow, this is a marked improvement from both previous versions. I really like it, you're really delving into it and I can tell it's not rushed at all. The descriptions are amazing... keep it up!
Reviewer chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I've read the first chapter, and must admit, it's quite good. However, there is one thing that is nagging me: “... without a clue as to how they might stop that which consumed her from the inside." this is just bad writing, it sounds - to my ears - to be too much to say, and the flow is disrupted by it.
Reviewer chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I've only read the first chaptor, and for the most part it is good, and the flow is decent. However, I've seen this, and it has been nagging at me: "... without a clue as to how they might stop that which consumed her from the inside." This is just bad writing. It just does not fit with the rest of the paragraph, and just sounds bad to the ear.