Reviews for Ye Merry Gentlemen
shiney02 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
this is so great ... funny and touching. I just love how you present those boys )
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Hooray for holiday warmth and rousing political snowball battles! And brown-paper-packaged presents, and keys to an apartment, and endless eagle references to- and mostly by- our dear Bossuet. Plus Enjolras' ability to seemingly improvise a battle plan on the spot (though I did have the idea that maybe he was testing out previously-made, fledgling barricade plans here). Courfeyrac's generosity (and comparatively fabulous wardrobe), Joly's ex-mistress' hairdressing attempts, the theft of B's hat by "the wild winds of fortune"...

I particularly like that you show the bestowing of Joly's second aile- I suppose I'll find the remaining two in some other story of yours. _ Off I go to look for them!
MamzelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Oh Oh Oh Oh! This was adorable! Wow I wish there were words to describe how happy this made me! I love it when we get to see Coufeyrac's more serious side no matter how short a time and Bossuet was gorgeously written. All I want for late Christmas(perhaps I should say my birthday) is a fluffy Combeferre fic. If I say please enough times perhaps...
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
so cute so cute so cute!

Boys wrestling around on tables trying to claim pastries is why people hate students :) Snowball fight against officers is also why people hate students :)

I love Courfeyrac and his cravat and poor Bossuet noting how far his hairline is retreating and Joly going "OMG, you're going to get frostbite and your fingers will turn black and fall off!" Bossuet essentially falling in love with Enjolras for being gorgeous and hey, competent! Bossuet/Joly so cute. Courfeyrac/pastries is an OTP, isn't it? :)

Your fics are always so cute and so lively, so much fun to read. And I think my lasting impression from this one is Courfeyrac and Bossuet fighting over calissons :)
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I knew when I saw your name attached to this that we were in line for a charming Christmas fic, and of course it is absolutely enchanting. As always, I marvel at what a wonderful POV your Bossuet provides - his exchanges with all the characters are totally endearing. Your Joly is his usual sweet self, and the conclusion is adorable but manages to avoid the tweeness of many holiday fics.

I'm afraid Courfeyrac steals the piece for me, though - as he often does! He's gorgeous...and the fashion lover in me hugged herself happily over little touches like the art of cravat tying and the allusion to the frock coats that were just starting to edge out tail coats for daywear in this period. What really delighted me, though, was the Nisus and Euryalus with Enjolras - how utterly Hugolian to include a gay classical allusion! And you know I love that pairing (*cough* I am SO not going to pressure you to complete "A Passion for the Absolute"...not at all...no, never...No, I'm far too polite and sweetnatured and...). The embrace and kisses made me a happy reader. And Bossuet managing to develop a resistance to Courfeyrac's charm through exposure!

Whether you give Enjolras a single line (or don't have him appear directly, only as the subject of conversation) or devote the whole fic to him, your interpretation of this character is one of my favourites in fanfic. His slow smile and that elusive but potent charm, his assumption of command as a natural extension of who he is, and his so-serious management of the barricade...delicious.
lovemoonyforever chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This story is perfection. I'm not one for long, thoughful reviews, but I just simply loved this. Bossuet (and Joly, for that matter) is not a character I care overly much for, but this was an excellent portrayal. You are one of the few I feel makes the manifestations of Bossuet's lack of luck seem believable, even when they seem somewhat excessive. I particularly enjoyed the conversation in Courfeyrac's lodgings, and the way you let the Amis become aquainted with each other. And aww, Enjolras taking charge and practicing for his role as Barricade Leader:)

I must say, I really love your 2009/2010 Les Mis fics; they are among the best!