Reviews for In the Forests of the Night
inactiveaccount100000 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Interesting! I wonder what will happen when Light wakes up! Poor fishes, I hope they don't end up forgotten. :)
psychoticKisshu chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I don't see why. This is awesome! (or, gives the appearnace of such). I can't wait to read more of this! It takes a lot of talent to write L well.
DeletedAccount829374 chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
This is damned fabulous. I love the way you've constructed the details and the way L acts. It's wonderful. Please do continue to stun me. XD
Allen Skylark chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Wow, such lovely poetic elements. The imagery just bursts from the prose, the feel of the weather, the sounds and colors are striking. Well start building some confidence because this is one of the better pieces of fan literature I've seen in this fandom, and there are few of those.

One thing though, don't use the word "male". We know they have penises so might as well go all the way and use "man" to clarify on their humanity as well, lol. Don't let the other fanfics influence your writing.

Also try not to use many alternative nouns on a single person. You used "man" "male" and "boy" on Light.

I LOVE the tiger shape-shifter idea. I have heard of this myth and seen it used in yaoi manga before. It's exciting especially reading it in such spell-binding prose.

You've got L's character down-pat. Love the gentle humor you use. This looks VERY promising! So far you've got my complete attention. I hope to see more! Well done!
Hell Jashin chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Tiger, tiger, burning bright,

In the forests of the night...

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' vampire series, especially "In the Forests of the Night."

Have you read it?
O'chibi-brat chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
You really shouldn't be so insecure in your writings. You're doing a lovely job, and your idea is quite original. I've a feeling you'll be getting this request annoyingly frequently, but please update soon. I can't wait to see beasty wake up!
Mittelan chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
for some reason.. it was cute when L threw the rock at Light. But yeah, your fic seems very interesting :)
MillyAshfordFan chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Wow! ) This was a really good intro, and I loved how you began by describing the settings before introducing the characters.

I can't wait till Light wakes up.

The only thing I think you should work on is refraining from using so many ellipses. They were unnecessary for many of the times that you used them.

In this instance, for example, instead of using an ellipsis, you could have used an em-dash:

This wasn’t life he wanted. His days were bland, and in these hard times, his genius didn’t help much-probably because of his horrid mannerisms and complete disregard for social etiquette.
blueandorangesky10 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
hell yes! haha. I've read the poem before and along with how this whole idea/plot came to be, it sounds excellent! I am extremely excited to see where this will go! You've got a fantastic idea!

and don't be under confident! I thought it was excellent! Great details, style, and wording. I definitely like this so far and can't wait to read more.

Great chapter! :)
Yoshiluvr chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
:D I think you should continue. this is actually interesting... *think* Light a werewolf? *just guesses*
GoodLittleHuntress chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
looks like a good story in the making depending on which way you take it. I look forward to reading more chapters.
Sanzo4ever chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Well, for your first fanfic, this isn't a bad start at all! I like the premise of your story; it's a very original idea indeed. L as a translator...I'm surprised he hasn't died of boredom yet. I look forward to seeing where you run with this...
Zucker Kuchen chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Very interesting idea! Refreshingly original. . Have more confidence in your writing! You write beautifully and have wonderful detail. One piece of advice, don't let their relationship develop to quickly. I feel writers can get eager to throw the love word around and the relationship moves to fast. Then it looks and feels unrealistic. ; Anywho, wonderful job so far!
Sashocirrione chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I really like the idea of Light as a weretiger.

And L and Light together in a world where Kira doesn't keep them apart.

Would love to see more chapters of this.
WinterLuvNaruto chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Beyond interesting. I look forward to the future chapters. The poem was good I'm going to look it up.

The idea of Light as a sexy golden tiger is enough to make me drool [cough] well anyway...

Great job for your first fic! It was high quality. Don't worry about other people work, if you think you go a good idea post it people will read it. I'll keep my eye out for this one

WLN