Reviews for Earth Girls Are Easy
PeaceHeather chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
*happysigh* This - was awesome. Awesomesauce. Awesome.

Thanks for writing it.

I would leave a longer review but I'm about to go and read all your other stuff. So... that. :)
Gender Outlaw chapter 4 . 4/22/2011
I really just loved this story! It was awesome. Oh so wonderfully awe~some.

I loved the part about Toph becoming a legend with a spirit guide she could call upon - I don't know how to describe it but that whole part was just so romantic and fantasical - oh. I don't know. It was like.. a fairy tale? How fairytales are born?

Like, thinking that, years and years hench, Toph will become one of those old fairytales. And, as Mai is musing, you are realizing that. That all the rest of the world will go on with their lives, get married and settle down, live boring normal lives. Have families, sit through meetings.

And that Toph won't. And that that'll limit her, and will she know what she is missing. But oh, I don't know how to explain it. Only that thinking of that.. image of a thought where Toph becomes a fairytale.

As in, the little girl with the red hood who defeated the wolf. If she was real, if she was really a little girl and if she was Toph out for a walk. But that isn't enough..

Oh I don't know. You make me hysterical. XD I loved it is all. It was amazing!
Gender Outlaw chapter 3 . 4/22/2011
This is really kinda cool, and I loved the line where Suki says "I stole your boomerang, so I have to come back."

It's odd, and kind of sweet all at the same time.

Considering all the restraints on the characters, and all the things to consider going on, I think they're all very much in character.

I had a great time reading this and I do hope you'll continue writing. Thank you!
Kimberly T chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
This was a good story! Toph felt a little OC from time to time-she should have put up a MUCH bigger fuss over being engaged to Zuko against her will; this is the girl who, in her own words, "learned proper society behavior and chose to leave it." But other than that, well done!
Rosie Rubix chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
Mai. Is. AWESOME. So is Toph. So is Zuko. So is everybody else, but they're the main awesomeness of the story.

Oh, and Ursa, who is the skilled arch-manipulator (but uses her powers for good).

Love it.
Myou Matsuro chapter 4 . 1/6/2011
I read this and the prequel to this, and I have to say this was brilliant. :) The prequel was great, and I believe that you captured Toph's intricacies very well and portrayed her bite in a very good manner. She's certainly complex, and I love how deep you made her, and how well she and Zuko seem to work together.

This story was enjoyable as well - I love reading stories with Mai and her bit of perspective. I think you captured her voice very well, and the thought processes behind the engagements and the subsequent attack on the raiders was great.

This was excellent, and I loved the renditions of the stories floating around about Toph and Suki and how it's affected the viewpoints of each nation. Mai was great here as well - I really sensed her in here, and how she loves Zuko with the combination of being very understanding of political nuances and the small worry she had. You write them beautifully, and I'd like to say thank you for posting this for us to read. :)
lazyguy90 chapter 4 . 5/31/2010
Great work on the sequel. Very cool.