Reviews for Small Companion
kaely chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
so adorable!

I love how roy showed how much he cared for riza... that's so sweet...

great job btw :)
Starry Pink chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Hi, it's star_dust86 from LJ. This story was absolutely adorable. You did a a very good job of keeping every in character.
Ruingaraf chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Aww, this is cute! You really show how much Riza cares for Hayate, too, which is something that a lot of people forget about her character. And it's in the right way, too- Riza feels a huge need to protect those close to her.

Roy's vague romanticism and idealism is very in-character, and it contrasts starkly with Hawkeye's sharp practicality. On a random note, my Riza muse also has a special hatred reserved for ice. XD ("There's nothing good about it. It's sharp, cold, slippery, painful to land on, and compromises missions.") Also good job on her being "scary"- it's more of her glaring at people reproachfully than anything crazy with gunfire.

Another great point of characterization is how she absolutely despises looking weak, even though she's horribly worried. I also love how you highlight her determination and low self-worth, which most certainly work against her here. And lawl at how Hawkeye combs the streets in a military fashion. Very her.

Bonus points for Hawkeye's tea-loving habits and the plain white teacup.

I love what you've done with 'warmth' having a double meaning, and it's so adorable in the figurative sense. They're both fairly lonely, after all.

More bonus for tightening her grip until her knuckles are white. You really have her little idiosyncrasies down, huh?

Again, very good at her being emotional but hating to show weakness. You did it in such an adorable way, too! “He needs me. I’m supposed to protect him.” nearly broke my heart, too. So very, very, in her character to say. And the way Roy subtly reassures her of his feelings (and by association, hers) is subtle and not at all cheesy.

D'aww at Hawkeye smiling genuinely at him. I've never thought about it, but that probably would really endear her to him.

So in conclusion, this was brilliant, and I love both your Roy and Riza. :D
afinedenouement chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
It's so good to read something from you. I love this story so much by the way.
Rojas Walrus chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
tis... i really good. just melodramatic enough, not fluffy, but captures thier relationship really well. bravo 'n stuff
BlackBrightField2007 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
aww...

sweet fic~!
phantomninja chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
One of the best stories I've read in a while.
Komina12345 chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
A very sweet and nice story. I like this story for the fact that it isn't like most Royai fictions where the romance is just kind of smack out there. Your writing was quite clever, using Hayate as the underlying theme for Roy and with that, it is enough to satisfy any reader. I love the underlying themes and look forward to much more of your writing!

You are a very good writer, and it was a pleasure to read this wonderful piece of work.

-With much regards