Reviews for Of Cats and Capricorns
Alethea27 chapter 7 . 6/3
I like the relationship that Severus and Minerva have forged. Considering that Albus never even asked Harry about Severus after the final battle proves to me what Severus saw in his vision. Dumbledore did think he made a good spy because nobody would miss him and the way the staff was so willing to believe that Severus was a bad guy as headmaster in canon proves it also.
BlueWater5 chapter 7 . 9/2/2014
Great story!
sue-sylvester-shuffle chapter 7 . 5/12/2014
Very, very nice. I spent all morning reading this- and for good reason too. I love Minerva and Severus and you portrayed them so well. Amazing job! I love this.
Ember Nickel chapter 6 . 6/29/2013
Huh, the plot seemed a little contrived up to this point, so I appreciate you trying to tie it back into the series with the potion in the cave.
Ember Nickel chapter 3 . 6/29/2013
Good characterization of Albus, he seems appropriately concerned but having him still trying to get information from Severus even under the circumstances was a nice touch.
Ember Nickel chapter 2 . 6/29/2013
And even more animals in the ward, haha. Cool imagery.
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Haha, excellent end to the first scene. And Poppy complaining about animals in the hospital felt realistic, too. :)
Guest chapter 7 . 5/3/2013
nice :)
MuggleCreator chapter 7 . 12/15/2012
Nice.
Gyreflight chapter 7 . 9/1/2012
You hooked me in from the very beginning – Snape’s ‘very-bad-day’ point of view was both engaging and appealing (if also appallingly believable), and I enjoyed watching Minerva given the opportunity to realise and express her concern, while Snape started to recognise it too.

Of course, with such prickly characters (and such a stressful and ambiguous situation), there was bound to be a flash-point, but if both of them could get past it, then it would give them firm ground to stand on, and the knowledge that they /could/ get past such a thing, would let them both know that perhaps they could stand on that ground together in future.

Romance is nice, but I often think that there’s a tendency in fic to under-rate the value of friendship, and for someone like Severus (and especially given the position that he’s in), an honest friendship with someone who doesn’t need or want anything else from him might well be one of the best things that could happen to him at this point.

…and I like that he did (eventually) get a birthday drink with a friend,

Thanks for the read.

(Oh, and I liked the cat-on-chest idea too).
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 10/13/2011
He swallowed. "When I 'saw' him, he said—that I had always been the best to go and spy on the Dark Lord, because—because I wouldn't really be missed if something went wrong."

-What a pity how close this is to canon, alas. I'm glad Minerva is far more welcoming-she does her own share of sniping, but just doesn't admit it, and Snape admires that sort of thing.

Very good chapter, and wishes Snape's birthday could still be celebrated.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 7 . 7/29/2011
Ahh there friendship is truly one of a kind. I love how you write Severus' birthday in with a bottle of Ogden's. Thanks for the story.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 7/23/2011
"Ah," he said softly. "I see you are more like Dumbledore than I thought."

"Meaning?"

He smirked humourlessly. "He prefers not to get his messianic hands dirty. There is much of this nature he lets me handle alone—less wearing on his conscience, you see."

-And she's just realized that by delaying him, she might have ended up causing her death.

Snape's quite right about Albus, of course, and that irks her even more.

Very good chapter. I expect Minerva doesn't know what to think.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 6/26/2011
"There will be no 'almost' about it if I cannot finish this by the time the Dark Lord calls. I cannot afford to lose any more time."

-And of course Albus can't think of any alternatives, while Minerva actually helps. There are a few things Albus could have done-start training a house elf in prep work, or contact Slughorn (who is currently retired and probably not doing much), to help.

I'm sure that's against the Greater Good somehow. Glad that Poppy is still worried, even if the Headmaster isn't.

Good chapter.
sammyfish chapter 7 . 5/15/2011
This was brilliant! Well done. I loved the interaction, I loved Voldemort's evilness, I loved Minerva the cat...It was great :)