Reviews for After the Rise
Amilyn chapter 5 . 6/20/2010
Very well done. I like that you made some difficult choices-like having Jack AND Daniel admit that they didn't believe Orlin was real-rather than going with the "Oh, of course everyone believed everything" cuteness. You made things work out but made it hard to get there in ways that were difficult but believable. Good job throughout. I like Janet in every scene, too.
polrobin chapter 5 . 3/6/2010
Wow.

I have no idea how I ever missed this story first time 'round, but I was delighted to read it on my eReader last night.

Fantastic, VERY true to characters and voice. Great job.

Instant save/fave.

P.
pain in the mikta chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
Nice introspection in there... And funny bits too!

Luved it!
3 fries short of a happy meal chapter 5 . 1/20/2010
Oh my gosh! You have to make a sequel or a one shot! You can't leave us hanging like tha! Well you could...but that would be mean!
Imogene the Dancing Cow chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
I’m very, very far from a Jack/Sam shipper (gen fan here!), but I do appreciate good writing and characters being in character, which I was glad to find in this story!

There were a few points that stuck out to me characterization wise, though. I can’t really see Jack and Sam actually discussing “the attraction” or any of their feeling for each other out loud. It may have been the adult thing to do, but I think they tried to push it under the rug as much as possible. Perhaps if they had discussed it in the show, they could have finally moved on. And while I can certainly see Janet pushing reconciliation between them for the good of the team and their friendship, I don’t see her supporting any sort of romantic action between them (as she did at the end of the story). It’s very dangerous for their jobs.

Aside from those nitpicks, I thought the story was great. I love post-Ascension fics. There was a lot going on there, and we didn’t see any fallout (as usual). My favorite part was the Janet and Sam banter. I would love to see a friendship fic from you about those two. I love a good gal pal story, which you don’t see much in the Stargate SG-1 fandom (partly because there aren’t a lot of female characters and partly because people are busy writing about them making out).
BettyHall223 chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
Dang, woman. You're fast becoming one of my very favorite writers. This chapter almost made me cry. It was so well written and I loved the ending. Look forward to more of your stories.
atc412 chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
As always, excellent writing. Gotta love the "dark-haired power monger", huh! And Jack's truck IS cool. Thanks for the enjoyable and tasteful writing.
IggyMing chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
Great story. I really enjoy reading post-Orlin fallout stories, where Sam and Jack struggle to get their relationship on track again. This is one of the better ones that I've read. I'm enjoying all of your other stories, too. It's exciting for me to discover another talented Sam/Jack writer on the scene.
dp chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
Great Story.
Kaytee33 chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
ah. a great chapter! I loved at the end once they had gotten past the angst (don't get me wrong, i loved the angst too!) and he was all playful at the door :) cute!
sammie77 chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
Very nice...point guard - love the last line! This is so good...The talk between S/J was perfect!
baabsrn chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
That was great. Loved the ending.
steadfast chapter 5 . 1/18/2010
Great take on this episode. I really enjoyed it. Thanks.
sci-fied chapter 5 . 1/18/2010
That was an extraordinarily clever ending...I was not sure how you were going to wrap it up, but that was fabulous.

Great fic!

sci
samfan9 chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Your writing makes for a compelling read! And then when this chapter ended, I was SO disappointed. I wanted to know what Sam was going to decide next. It's so painful to be in her shoes. But no, you have to end just there. Sigh... pls be nice: you will update the chapter soon, right? Thanks for writing.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »