Reviews for SuperPower
BenderTheOffender chapter 29 . 4/15/2010
Loved seeing Maxima defending Kal!
BenderTheOffender chapter 28 . 4/15/2010
Argh! I hate Bruce right now.

And Clark's speech was awesome!
ben10987654321 chapter 33 . 4/12/2010
This was a really great story. Your take on Power Girl made her a very interesting character and i say this as a big PG fan.

The progression of Clark and Karen's relationship was good once you dealt with that supposed 'cousin' issue.

I could see why people would react the way they did to it because for the general public they don't know who Superman really is. That he is just Clark Kent.

I guess i can even understand Bruce's reaction after what happened to Selina.

Loved the little bits with the Sandman and how he died with the promise of hope in his visions.

By the way i'll say i love your Toyman and the scenes with him and Kara. He really just doesn't know when to quit while he is ahead does he. LOL.

It was a nice resolution you reached between Kara and Karen.

Shame the story is at an end. I could have easily read more of it although i can see why you chose to end it here. I look forward to whatever you come up with next.
acepro Evolution chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
Well done on this story. I do wish it went on for longer but I guess the cookie crumbles in different ways. At was actually curious on how things would end, whether it would be in happiness or a sad note. The ending you have wrote ends everythings on a good note and leaves room for a possible sequel (if you ever decide to write one.)

Good luck on any future projects you have (which I hope come soon because you are great.) Till next time and remember. . .

. . . WICKET UN TUSH ON LEG!
Queen-Book-Luver999 chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
thank you for finishing out this lovely story i will have to red your other ones and ones that you create in the future
john777 chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
Great story.
unoaranya30 chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
That was a nice way to end the story but you ended the story! LOL.

This was much shorter than I expected and very well done. So I guess we still have your elseworlds story to look forward to.

Again, great storytelling.
Dormant Account 24 chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
I think this was a good spot to end it. I've enjoyed reading this. I don't have a lot of JLU stories in my C2, but I'm definitely adding this one. Thank you for sharing this!
fanficfan001 chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
Very strong ending. Wonderful job with this whole story.

A lot of things got resolved, we findsout what happens to the League, the Kara/Karen relationship gets some peace, and the three Kryptonians get some well deserved peace and happiness!

I hope the future will be good for Bruce and Diana too.

Nice job on incorporating my favorite charater, Dick Grayson into the ending too!

The new leaders of Shayera, Dinah, and Mr. Terrific. That makes a lot of sense.

This whole story seemed to give off the message that even superheroes have the same wants and needs as regular people, and that the media nowadays uses fear as a means of control. Sort of like Yellow Journalism. Still the good guys never gave up and hopefully the public will learn the lessen to respect people's privacy. (It is in the Constitution after all.)

Anyway thanks for all of the speedy updates and for taking the time to write such a good tale. It seems like in comics these days, Batman has the most fans due to the Dark Knight trilogy, but Superman will always be the flagship character.

Batman belongs in the dark, but Superman belongs in the light, and he shines as a beacon of hope for humanity in general.

Nice work Wentworth360!
Exodus5 chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
I definitly like this story but it didn't get anywhere near as dark as I thought it would. Though it's still my favorite of your stories and one of my favorite SM stories overall. I don't know why but I really wanted to see a darker gritty story. Something with all the powers of the comic book world with out the comic book idealism.

I also don't think I agree with a lot of the stuff said about Martha and Johnathan Kent but I was never really very impressed with them. In fact I just don't like them. Lastly Superman falling apart completely because his Martha died always seemed over the top to me.
Spaniard chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
That was a great story. I'm sad it's finished. I hope you start another one soon.

Thanks
Ratdogtwo chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
another great chapter. Amazing story think you for shareing.
EroSlackerMicha chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
I can see why you ended it. If you want there are always one-shots down the road.

I say thank you for the great stories you write and I'm eager to see what's next.

Keep up the good work.

ESM
Julian Carax chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
You, my friend, have a total fear of the definitive. Which is cool 'cos open ended stories - and what we extrapolate from whatever happened in the story - are always way more satisfying in the end. Sometimes. Maybe. ... Perhaps.

Anyways! Good work. You will be starting another story right? These are some of the better stories I've read - way more interesting than the usual crap and they're update more than once every century.

Perhaps a change earlier in the Superman timeline or a crossover? One story I found is a Superman/X-men where the Justice Lord Lord Superman, after 'dealing' with his world, left using something or other and boomtube technology and ended up in the X-men world. To be honest, it's kind of screwed already because I can't quite figure out why Lord Superman is being redeemed... Anyways, just an idea right? These romance stories are pretty entertaining too.

You know, an Amazon raised Kal-El could be pretty entertaining as long as he didn't decide he deserved a harem and they all fell in love with him and thought 'hey, why not share all of ourselves with each other!'. You know what I'm talking about.

Keep up the good work, friend, and commend you on actually finishing your stories - that in itself is getting rare.
VFR6 chapter 33 . 4/11/2010
That's it huh?

Not surprising for it to end like this.

Its a happy ending in progress.

Ok, if this is the end, let me sum it up from the start to the finish, on how I view this fic.

Well, the initial summary is the one that attract most people to read this. I mean, Superman and Powergirl?

The idea of something that is potentially forbidden, is alluring to geek and nerd like us. 'Ahem'

But, the shock and excitement that there's actually an author that have the guts and balls to write this pairing, wore off rather quickly. 5-7 chapters into the story, the 'shock' wore off and the readers(me and some other dudes) are actually drawn in the plot and the problem the main characters face.

Plot tension, yadda yadda yadda.

And some plot are not actually resolve.

Its kinda open ended.

That's great, you are not mouth feeding the reader's imagination, you let them grow and make their own ending.

If there's a score system in FFNET, I'll give this fine piece of fan's literature, a 4.6 out of 5.0 .

The 0.4 was minus, because, well, the 'shock' that was earlier mentioned, can't be prolonged and milk. Some of the element can be refined upon, such as the comedic aspect. But, considering the subjects that you decided to touch in the story(illegal alien, true patriotism, first strike approach, preemptive strike against potential future danger, the right of one vs the safety of many etc etc ) humour was the least kind of element needed in the story.

Okay, that's it for now, really looking forward to your next story. *CoughsupermanXshayeraCough**CoughsupermanXathenaCough*

VFR6