Reviews for RL Fic Exchange: Not Like Ross and Rachel
Jessica L.A chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Oh my gosh, I enjoyed - no - loved this prompt so much! It was so cute and adorable, in that happily ever after angst way (did that make sense? haha)! Super cute!

Response to your prompt: Actually, like you I don't like Season 7 either, except for those adorable Rogan moments we got (and Chris x Lorelai moments because I love them together, haha even though Lor lose major points with ever since Rory started seeing Logan)! ANYWAYS, I took Season 7 and bascially deleted and wiped it from my mind, except for a couple of pieces here and there that I liked (which was rare for S7!), and made a new season, kinda...anyways, it takes place Post-Partings called "Highway Don't Care" and two chapters in (Prologue, Chapter 1) is all angst BUT it will have a happy ending and IT does have everything you required its just NOT a prompt, it's a story...so yeah. anyways, in the words of Rory, Rant over.

Again, loved your story!
Julie Sue chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
cute cute cute! nad i love friends! I just wish GG had been on for 10 seasons! :0(
SassyReaderGirl chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Very nice story! I really like how you give them time to grow into their relationship, instead of totally rushing into it!
amyylasee chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
wow that was AMAZING, best RL fic i have read :) thankss
CrazyNinjaChicks chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
i like the ending. :)

Bones
stardustsky chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I'm sorry this is such late review, and it's definitely not as good as the ones you've been leaving - but I figure it's better than no review right?

SO - Amazing story. And so much amazing-ness in one chapter? Just makes it more amazing. I adore everything about this story. The fluff, the angst, how it all ties together in the end. This exchange right here:

Logan stepped closer to Rory, causing her to take a step backwards. He shook his head at her, “It’s not senility, I think that you are being obtuse.”

Rory stepped back again as Logan moved forward, this time her back touched the cold stonewall. Rory shivered, "Dementia."

Logan held Rory’s arms, trapping her against his body and the wall. He moved closer to her and whispered, “Naive.”

The moment had become strangely serene; Rory could feel the heat of Logan’s body and smell his aftershave. She closed her eyes so she couldn’t see his face and whispered back. "Alzheimer’s."

Logan cupped Rory's face, “Juvenile.”

It really makes me wonder how you could capture the bantering, arguing nature of RL in such a sexy moment.

The whole idea of the fic - how their relationship was affected by London - was something I loved reading, and something the GG writers probably could have learned about from you. Then, the final sentence? It was, you know, amazing. :)
AminalLuv chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Sigh, I love this fic. I love everything you write. The phone “fight” between them in the beginning was a perfect example of the strain of a long distance relationship. Going from snapping out of frustration one minute to being apologetic the next to snapping again—it was never truly a fight and yet it was at the same time. I loved how you accomplished that. And of course it’s just like them to take a break “just like Ross and Rachel” and only remember that they lived happily ever after and forget about all the crap that happened in between. They both like to forget about the unpleasantries in their lives—to push the bad away and pretend it doesn’t exist. They continued to do it all through the break. To pretend that things weren’t as bad as they were. Which is a shame because pretending things weren’t broken is what prevented them from fixing it sooner.

I loved that he knew her enough to know that she would want to call to complain about Dancing With the Stars. And then there was the birthday message—the moment when things really turned sour. But again neither of them were man enough to do anything about it. Heck, Logan wasn’t even man enough to get in touch with Rory when he got back to the states. I love the boy, but he can be an idiot sometimes. Communication was definitely always their downfall even when they saw each other everyday. It’s easy to see how an ocean could take that crack and make it into a chasm.

I loved that Rory made the comment on the garnish. It was a nice little touch of humor to add in there. I also like that you had Logan be completely straight forward in front of everyone when they met up. A lot of times people have them meet in a group and pretend like there was never anything between them until they’re in private.. Logan isn’t that type—He’d totally air out their dirty laundry in public. It reminds me of the way things went down at the Marty dinner.

Loved this line…”’Fuck.’ Logan pushed his own chair back and glanced at Scott. ‘I was kind of an asshole, wasn't I?’ ‘From the minute you sat down,’ Scott agreed.” Some good self-reflections their ;) I liked that they both admitted to waiting for one another—that they never gave up hope. Even if, like I said before, the way that they ignored what was wrong also prevented them from making it right. It was still nice to know that they never moved on. And last, but most certainly not least—He’s her lobster. Sigh. In case I haven’t used the word “love” enough in this review—I loved every bit of this fic.
L chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Love it!
RoryLoganFan chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Wow. Great story, I loved it. I loved the Friends comparison! Great work, as usual!
HisGirlFriday chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
AWESOME! I loved the uneasiness and emotional outpouring at the party. It was exciting. I really like the way you ended it with Logan planning one of his famous grand jestures.
Laugh2live chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
So good! You did a great job of capturing the characters and their emotions, without it slowing the plot. I love this fic!
Cyndi-rhyla chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Fantastic!

This RL Fic Exchange is a godsend for all Rogan fans like me. I am so giddy reading all these new stories. Each one is delightful.

I particularly like you story, being a fan of Friends myself the title alone grab my attention and as the story unfolds I became increasingly nostalgic, remembering the time when I am rooting for a happy ending for this two. Unfortunately, the stupid writers of GG thought otherwise..gr

On the bright side, fanfiction gives me the ending I want so screw series finale!

Loved..love all your stories!

May God continue to be bless you with creative juices that fuel your incredible stories.

Cheers!
CindyCinlou555 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
aw cute and I loved the friends refference.
AlwaysHoldingOn chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
aww great job. This just left me all giddy inside. One of my faves so far
Krinaia chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
there are so many things about this story I love! I thought the "fuck synergy" part was hilarious, I aww-ed at the "I can't break up with you, Rory. I can't do it.", and I was totally feeling Rory's annoyance/hurt at Logan's birthday message (been there, done that!). Such an entertaining read! Great job.